Front Runners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Hopefully I don't put the mockers on us for tomorrow, but with the way the Roosters, Rabbits, and Storm are going I can see us being front runners this year.

Other teams inconsistencies will mean we will lead from the front.

The Dogs are looking good and will come into the mix for top four.

No under the radar for us this year I think.

RE: Will Manly handle being front runners

Good point , however its only round 5... lets see how it pans out ( injuries ).

i felt sick after waking up thinking its the empty stomach , but i just realised after reading your post it was the thought of scumdogs finishing top 4... ( hope you are wrong , thats a crime )

Well if the way we play against underdogs in matches is anything to go by we may not handle it very well. We just seem to play best as underdogs.

So long as on the ladder we don't finish under Dogs I don't care.

This has been our best start to the year in a long time. The more games we win now the less pressure at the end of the season.
I know the finals are a long way off but it would be handy to go into those games having been able to rest players with niggling injuries in the lead up rounds knowing we are assured of a spot in the top four.
Every two points we pick up now is like money in the bank...

Too many people thinking about last years form. New season throws up new challengers. Unlike Manly who are just consistent year on year others rise and fall. The new risers will beat the sliders i.e Parra,Penrith,Tigers,Knights,Goons,Bronks are on the rise while Storm,Rorter,Rabbits,Cows,Sharks may be on the slide. Wouldn't surprise if we get done by Tigers tomorrow though as we don't carry favorites tag real well.

bones said:
My only concern is will Manly be playing the World club challenge in the UK, or in Sydney like the Roosters did?

It depends on how much Ted Greenknob wants to handicap us. So my guess is UK if we win or Aus if it's anyone else.

mickqld said:
bones said:
My only concern is will Manly be playing the World club challenge in the UK, or in Sydney like the Roosters did?

It depends on how much Ted Greenknob wants to handicap us. So my guess is UK if we win or Aus if it's anyone else.

Syria it is then.

I know Tooves liked our draw this year. We play quite a few home games early with less Monday night games and some of the top teams we have already faced in the first four rounds.

I think the draw plays such a crucial role in a teams' success or failure, tho I'm not sure how you achieve absolute parity...... It seems almost impossible to make it fair all round.

We have made a solid start and it won't take long for us to be tagged favourites if we keep winning.

This team does seem to go better as underdogs and that concerns me too as far as tomorrow and the Tigpies goes.

It's a little surprising with so much experience in our squad, that we don't handle favouritism better .

We will win tomorrow and be favourites.

Get your money on tonight.

The next 4 games are crucial. They are 4 very winnable games, Tiges, Cows, Sharks and Raiders. If we win 3 (which is a distinct possibility) we'll be 6 from 8. And you would imagine 1st or 2nd on the table. I think given the poor start of the rabbits and roosters we'll be looking at favouritism.

I agree with earlier comments, got to bank the games now if possible. It just takes the pressure off, and whilst the other teams bash each other up, if we have an injury or origin issues we can ride them out better.

We got an extremely tough finish to the minor premiership, playing just one of the last five matches at home.

Please, no one make further posts to this thread. After this one that is. It is inviting the sort of revenge / punishment from the footy gods that will have us losing the next 4, not winning them. it smacks of the kind of arrogance that should not be seen by a first grade referee, and i'm pretty sure, that a couple of them scan these pages, from time to time.

THATs IT, Drop it.

Some posts in the thread, for the eliminate of doubt I say again, SOME posts in this thread are word for word what souffs fans post at the warren during March & April each year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6