1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Rowers Who Could Work

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Apr 22, 2015.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    A few weeks ago this Luke Page ran like a possessed man in NSW Cup & took out a couple of defenders...this went viral with everyone claiming teams were all now fighting for him for 2016....great aggression shown, but if you watched the entire game it happened 2 out of 10 carries involving the same defender who took an elbow to the head on both occasions.
    The blokes who were far more impressive of late imo are 2 young Canberra forwards in Vaughan & the newbie Boyd - who last w/end bent the Tigers line all day & scored an explosive try using Woods as a speed bump.
    These are the kind of young enforcers needed to win the forward battles & if we had these 2 from the 1st game in 2015, I go out on a limb & say we have 2-3 more wins this season.
    Are they available??
    Most big names & high profile players are already signed, but give these boys time & they could well be high profile also.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Shannon Boyd contracted to 2017 (signed 3 year extension last year) Paul Vaughan 2017 was under contract to 2015 (signed 2 year extension last year)

Can't imagine the raiders releasing either as Tilse was just released and Shillington is getting the flick.

Boyd isn't new he played 24 games last year he has been injured.

He won the rookie of the year at the raiders last season and has played NSW u18's and 20's

3. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    Damn it - both look the goods - in fact basically perfect for the rebuild needed

4. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    I agree the raiders have been stockpiling young talent as they couldn't attract anyone now they are getting the dividends maybe something we have 2 look at.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Good call on Page. Ontop of him needing the massive wind ups to get going which he just won't get to do at the NRL level he would be a big risk to sign. I'm sure clubs are doing their homework on him more than just a couple of big runs.

6. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Another country forward named Boyd.

Good thing Jim Comans isn't alive to see it, he's suspend him for 15 months.....

7. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    Is there ANY other unsigned players who have potential & show that raw aggression lacking atm....there seems to be a real lack of quality big blokes available for 2016.
    We can sign Thurston & retain DCE but if theres no extra firpower up front - theres nothing for even the best halves to work off.

8. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Hardly Comans' fault. Les deserved everything he got. Great player but a huge grub. At least he was our grub. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    I was a massive Les Boyd fan - to maintain his toughness & power & reduce his brainsnaps - almost the perfect forward....the tough nuts today would tremble & avoid him at all costs imo.
    However - todays Canberra Boyd would suit the modern game well & point being, there must be a couple of eager, talented forwards with potential who are not the big names yet that would be a great investment for the future who are available......well heres hoping.

10. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 32
    Myles, Pauli Pauli, Jeremy Latimore and Mose Masoe.

11. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    There's plenty really.

If $CE is Coast bound then I reckon we will get Myles / Elgey.

I'd be happy with that but we need another 2-3 lower tier players, preferably younger.

Myles is probably a 2 year prospect but you can bet he'd want 3.

12. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    That Herman Ese"se from the bulldogs went ok against us last weekend...but maybe we are looking for players with more game time.

13. TagMonster

TagMonster Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    Joe Ofahengaue would be nice. Only 19 and would pair nicely with Jake for years to come. If we can pick him and Nate Miles up that would be a solid forward pack. Would also help if we can woo DCE to stay!

14. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    I see Penrith are talking 2 Myles now also.

15. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    Yep but they have a good young crew out there , many of whom they don't want to get rid of, I think cap wise they might have a fewore issues , unless they dump some players .

Besides isn't Myles Mrs and family from Palm Beach?

16. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Not sure no she spent time at summer bay lol

17. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    Oh well, close!!

18. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 47
    I have never seen anyone run that hard into a line. I don't know what you guys are watching but every hit up in that highlights package he always lands on his elbows and knees, never gets turned on his back giving a quick play the ball. Sure there was only 2 times he knocked someone out but look at the meters he is making. This guy takes some stopping and is the pick of the bunch in my eyes

19. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    Myles is 29 you could get 3 out of him easy.