1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front page today's Telegraph

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bones, May 27, 2013.

1. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    A picture of Hayne embracing Grag Bird at full-time of yesterdays game. Parramatta just got beaten by 40 points yet Hayne has the biggest grin on his face. No wonder Parramatta are never contenders.

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Maybe just an aspect of the modern game. The Warriors copped the same criticism last week. Yet won their game yesterday.

In fact I recall some fans criticising Robbo for not being sufficiently morose after we lost the 2007 grand final. That didn't stop him coming back and helping himself to 3 tries in the 2008 version.

It would be different if players laughed after dropping the ball or missing tackles...

3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Watmough was filthy when we lost to the chooks a couple of weeks back. That's how it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    I have to agree as a fan it made me feel better when I saw him interviewed, he was really hurting.

5. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Haha says it all really. It feels good knowing that we have guys in the team that have the desire to win.

6. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    probably needs another thread but should the league set up a Country Round?

7. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,647 / 74
    Like the Northern Eagles' Kimmorley, who regularly grinned after throwing intercepts, passing over the sideline etc

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    I believe in turning a new page after every action you take on the sports field but I also believe you have to give your failures some time to be realised.

9. Tibstar

Tibstar New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ah Kimmorley the king of club loyalty.

10. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    I'm sure its because he was happy about making the SOO team and that is Haynes main goal this year.

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Will he be embracing Billy Slater after Origin and laughing his head off at another NSW loss ?? His commitment and mental toughness have always been a question for me, that's why I don't rate him as an origin pick.

12. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Sure, the pic doesn't look good from a fan's point of view.

But just think about it - they're all in the same industry but rarely get to meet any of their rivals.

In the old days, players would have a beer after the game at the home team's Club.
    Now, they're shoved into a bus and shipped home.

Unless they've been in a Representative Team, where they live together for a night or a week, players from opposing teams rarely get to speak to each other.... other than after the final whistle and before they get into their respective sheds.

This is possibly the only time Rep players can say hi to a former Rep mate.

13. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,647 / 74
    and cuddle them

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    If you're looking for a reason Parra aren't contenders, look at how they put Joe on the scrapheap after he took them to the GF.

15. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    and Kevin Kingston

parra - they are specials

16. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Is this the first year you're going to watch Origin? Hayne has been great for NSW consistently.

17. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You like the guy, I don't. I wouldn't say he has been "consistently great", has his moments of brilliance, also has his moments of laziness and stupidity. Given the lack of other options than we don't have much choice at the moment, let's hope he is "on".

18. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I think the not liking part of it overtakes what he actually does for you, he is always good in Origin

It is a bit like Ryan and Tooves lol

19. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You might be right, I can see his good, but I also see his self centered laziness. He has been dining out on a 2009 Dally M for too long and everyone has bought into the myth.

Anyway I hope for NSW's sake he does produce something great this series, we need it. I'll rap him if he deserves it, happy to be proven wrong.

20. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Lazy has probably been a fair call in the past, much like Inglis

The work he has been doing for that Parra side in defence the past month or so has been enormous though

I used to rate Hayne as the most over rated player I have seen, but that 2009 form changed that along with Origin games since his debut. 1 game in particular stood out in changing that opinion though, don't know the year but we beat Parra by 18-20 or thereabouts at Brookie and without Hayne there it would have been 50