1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the Vault - Primeval

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Part of the astonishing resilience of rugby league comes from the passion and ownership of its tribal supporters.  For these tribesmen (me included) the support of one’s team goes well beyond a passing interest in weekly results.
    Manly Warringah has become a part of my identity over the years.  The club name, emblem, colours and club culture interwoven into soul which means that there is an incredible emotional investment in their successes and failures.

Read the full article

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Ahhh the memories........... Good read mate.

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Stirring stuff from a perennial stirrer.

You're going to have to come up with something new though, after our unheralded team (rank outsiders in February) smash through on Sunday for one one of our most famous ever victories.

4. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Mata, not a lot I can say except you can tell what you have written has come from the heart, well said and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'll have the post-premiership complacency thread ready.

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Well it better be a bit more effective than your last one.

7. Narly

Narly Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Now that's a manly fan! Great read champion.

8. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'm a suffering prophet. I know I'm right but it takes others to learn from the mistakes they could have avoided had they listened to me first time around.

9. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Great read Matabele. Thanks for sharing

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Great read. But what's with the bragging? The 2008 post grand final "Don't get complacent" thread proved as effective as the "Don't think of pink elephants" one.

11. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Looking forward to reading the next chapter....

• Like Like x 1
  12. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Thanks for eloquently surmising the past 12 years. Personally I couldn't go to any NE Games, but always wished the Manly Players that were playing well.

I had the chance to pat every Player and Official as they walked past us in 2008 and into the Club. I'll always remember the elder Penn's smile when I said 'Thank You', pure joy.

Must be so value fullfilling to spend on ventures that give the General Public so much happiness. :angel: