From the Horses mouth - yesterday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I was lucky enough to be introduced & speak to a prominent Manly forward who did not play in the Trial match against the Sharks yesterday and these are a few things he said. Thought you might be interested.
- The boys are much fitter than last year
- A few injuries mentioned Jamie Burher, Jayden Hodges (obvious), Matt Parcell slight hamstring problem and also said he had a rib injury that probably will keep him out of their next trial next week as well. Did however mention that the Trbojevic brothers were fine and good to go.
- Mentioned Tapau was a beast and said he will bring some much needed agro to the team.
- Said that Trent Barrett was great and brought many new ideas to the Club and said that while everyone respected Toohey they all thought he was a bit old school and not up with the times (no surprises there). Also said both Cartwright & Siebold were impressive.
-Apisai Koroisau was going through some pretty tough times and the death of his partner & circumstances behind it was very devastating for him. They all hope he will be ok has he is a fantastic person & footballer.
- Overall he seemed very confident and excited about the new Year ahead. He personally looked much fitter and actually said he was told he had to do some extra work in the off season if he wanted to stay there and play first grade.

I agree with Tookey. I'm guessing that the forward you spoke to was Feleti Mateo. Didn't play yesterday or on Saturday night and at the Nines last week looked like he had shed his 2015 beer gut and spare tyres so its obvious he's done a lot of fitness work.

I would say Burgess is still in ACL rehab mode so probably won't be available for at least the first month of the season. The only other forward who didn't play that you could have spoken to was Starling. It wouldn't be Lewis Brown because he doesn't have a weight or fitness problem.

Who is this Toohey you speak of?@:)
Here he is after a long session respecting Toohey, no wonder he had to do extra work in the off season...
tooheys-old-toilet.jpg

I was lucky enough to be introduced & speak to a prominent Manly forward who did not play in the Trial match against the Sharks yesterday and these are a few things he said. Thought you might be interested.
- The boys are much fitter than last year
- A few injuries mentioned Jamie Burher, Jayden Hodges (obvious), Matt Parcell slight hamstring problem and also said he had a rib injury that probably will keep him out of their next trial next week as well. Did however mention that the Trbojevic brothers were fine and good to go.
- Mentioned Tapau was a beast and said he will bring some much needed agro to the team.
- Said that Trent Barrett was great and brought many new ideas to the Club and said that while everyone respected Toohey they all thought he was a bit old school and not up with the times (no surprises there). Also said both Cartwright & Siebold were impressive.
-Apisai Koroisau was going through some pretty tough times and the death of his partner & circumstances behind it was very devastating for him. They all hope he will be ok has he is a fantastic person & footballer.
- Overall he seemed very confident and excited about the new Year ahead. He personally looked much fitter and actually said he was told he had to do some extra work in the off season if he wanted to stay there and play first grade.
Toovey not up there with the times ?
Very Very Harsh !!!
He got us to a grand final which we should have won if it wasn't for the opsm refs . Which other coach could have done a better job considering all the adversity around his time as coach including Hasler's thief in the night departure and salary cap back ended contract's fiasco that he left behind .
The forward who made that old school remark about Toovey should look back at some of his own on field performance as our pack last season showed no commitment and tenacity that Toovey displayed when he wore our Maroon and White with pride .
image.png

As a professional sportsman, raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars for a maximum of 28 days of work a year - why doesn't this bludger get fit on his own :mad:

I hate how players blame facilities, staff etc. Look around you and there are thousands of Gyms and Trainers who are ready to maximize your physique :lightbulb:

Hopefully Api does get a first grade gig from round 1 and releases his hurt in a productive way :angel:

Toovey not up there with the times ?
Very Very Harsh !!!
He got us to a grand final which we should have won if it wasn't for the opsm refs . Which other coach could have done a better job considering all the adversity around his time as coach including Hasler's thief in the night departure and salary cap back ended contract's fiasco that he left behind .
The forward who made that old school remark about Toovey should look back at some of his own on field performance as our pack last season showed no commitment and tenacity that Toovey displayed when he wore our Maroon and White with pride .
View attachment 3031
Love your work Bozo - in so many ways!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6