From the ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
****in disgraceful

we were never going to beat 19.

Their first set in defence should have brought a penalty every tackle, how many off sides for inside the 10 did we get - SFA.

They got 2 and were twice as bad as us.

On a positive note they didnt invent a new wrestling move, rather rehatched the flop. They would tackle, let us half get up quickly then flop and start the whole thing again.

Forwards passes - smith should goto union. he throws 20 a match.

Sttwey's try - if that was a penalty then why didnt we receive the same thing with 5 to go when they pushed our player in the back as he was diving for the ball. Slater had already played at it and lost it. FFS.

We were so the better team, by a fair way. As the stats show:

Metres Us 1490, cheats 1188
Offloads Us 11, Cheats 5
Line breaks Us 5, cheats 2
Tackle breaks Us 32, cheats 24 note = missed tackles in reverse
Posession 51% Us
errors Us 10, cheats 9
Penalties conceeded Us 5, cheats 6

Every stat bar errors (which was almost even) points to a win for us. On that alone you would think 12+

we just want a fair go

It's just another case of the News Ltd owned & financially propped up team being helped out for another win by the News Ltd owned NRL company referees.

Yep,The Ox isnt going to win us any premierships ,on his own
As soon as a bit of pressure is added ,he is very ordinary.
I do think the team as a whole may win a premiership,
aslong as all the play isnt directed through Orford.
How many more years is he on the payroll ???????????

Beaver was great last nigth bar the odd drop pill - Lyon adds something Beaver cant, Beaver can play the same game in the frowards.  We can take a lot more from last night than they can - put Lyon/King into the team plus less mistakes & a better share of 50/50 calls and we win by 16

That depends on what the brief is, but if Lyon is given the ball more than 50% of the time in the attacking 20m zone, then I'm sure he will come up with better options then the panic merchant did last night. I'm not sure that Lyons kicking game is great, but it couldn't have been any worse then Orford's. I'm tending to agree with Robbie, I don't think we can win the premiership with Orford as our sole playmaker, he just doesn't have it. We need Lyon back ASAP and he needs to get more involved before the semis start, so we have a back up plan.

In Orfords defence last night, Beaver and G Stewart had poor games with their hands so they couldn't offer the attcking options that worked so well the other week against the Panthers.

love that eight iron/wedge comment

Gould said at the end of the commentary "he would love to sit with OX and watch the tape with him. Ask him what he was thinking" My mate who doesn't support Manly said that our players don't seem to know where to run when Orford kicks!!

Matabele link said:
Would we have won last night if Lyon was on the field?

I think so. I don't think its the pressure of big games that Orford can't stand up to as much as it is the pressure of having to do it all - he starts to over play.

With Lyon there, some of the pressure is off Orford so he doesn't have to do everything and then he plays better.

What about Gould wanting to speak to Orford about what goes on in his head when faced with 5th tackle options.

As if a chat with the great Gus was all that was needed to fix the problem.

Gould must have a crook neck from blowing his own horn.

Cronks kicking game on the 5th tackle inside the 20m zone was no different to Orfords, he put up little pop kicks as well

Probably our best kick close to the line last night was Matai, i was up off my seat thinking he was a certainly then that little grub turned up to save it

What did it for me with Orford was between the 70th and 74th minute where twice he was kicking on their 40 and kicked them flat and long to just give them the ball back.

Why not bomb it to set up at least the chance of an error or to give time for our players to contest the ball???  Dumb dumb dumb.

Matabele link said:
Why not bomb it to set up at least the chance of an error or to give time for our players to contest the ball???  Dumb dumb dumb.

Why not? because we struggle to contest the ball in the air with their bigguns, and midfield bombs give them better field position.

As for his atacking kicking in their 20, that was simply garbage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4