Fresh Parcell to unwrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Parcell ready to deliver for Manly
September 23, 2015 3:08pm
By Mark Ashton

1432971224832.png

Matt Parcell is attracting plenty of wraps in Queensland’s Intrust Super Cup and next season he’s expected to deliver the goods for Manly in the NRL.
Parcell will join the Sea Eagles on a lucrative three year deal from next season and his sizzling form for Ipswich has seen the Jets move to within 80 minutes of their first premiership, justifying why Manly was so keen to secure his services.

“Manly have offered an opportunity that the Broncos couldn’t and I want to play in the NRL week in, week out and I didn’t have that opportunity at Brisbane,” Parcell said.

“I can’t wait to get down there. It’s a very exciting time and I can’t wait to be a part of it.”

Parcell has scored eight tries in three semi-finals for the Jets, including five in one game against Easts Tigers, but while he’s blessed with many qualities, possibly his greatest attribute is his versatility.

While a hooker by trade, Parcell can also play five-eighth or halfback and with Manly needing to replace Parramatta-bound Kieran Foran, he’s reluctant, but open to the idea of partnering Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves.

“Number 9 is where I want to play but I guess when I get down there we can talk about it more if we want to switch between positions,” he said.

“It’s up to Trent (Barrett) but at the moment hooker is my position.”

The 22-year-old admitted Trent Barrett was a major factor in his decision to move to Sydney’s northern beaches.

“I’m very excited to be coached by Trent and my game’s only going to benefit from being under him.”

“He’s got some ideas and some things I want to work so I can’t wait to get down there.”

Parcell has already tasted NRL football with Brisbane but with the Broncos well served in his positions Wayne Bennett gave his blessing for him to explore his options.

“I’m very grateful for the opportunity he gave me. If it wasn’t for those six games I probably wouldn’t be in the position I am now,” he said.

“He just said take the opportunity and I think I have.”

Canterbury, Gold Coast and Cronulla reportedly showed interest but Parcell chose Manly and despite a difficult year he’s confident the Sea Eagles will re-emerge as premiership contenders in 2016.

“Over the last ten years they’ve been a really strong club. There’s a great culture there and I think with the squad we’ve got next year, definitely back into the finals.”

Attachments

• 498110-03988e46-4d7e-11e5-bb8e-56aa84f91c7e.jpg
    498110-03988e46-4d7e-11e5-bb8e-56aa84f91c7e.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, apologies for the terrible title.

Secondly, nice to see his very to keen to play for our new coach.

Thirdly, he seems pretty keen on the #9, so does that mean Api to #6? I doubt both would have come for the opportunity to share the hooking duties. I mean sure it's a step up but having a roadblock there would piss you off after a while.

Fourthly, LOVE his attitude :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I reckon api will be hooker based on his defence and work rate, pus both are probably keen on the number 9 jersey but I see Parcell as Kieran's long term replacement in 5/8. Api is not a 5/8 and never will be he isn't suited to it. Parcell is a new version of kieran, a running 5/8 like Milford and isn't coming just to play off the bench. Api will be 9 and Parcell 6, both have to be in the starting side simple as that.

I know a bit, but pretend I know nothing. What does a 5/8 do? What does a hooker do? What's the difference. Humour me. Please.

I'm just happy he is coming with inthusiasm wherever he plays . Next year is going to be a gooden. And not a wooden.

Firstly, apologies for the terrible title.

Secondly, nice to see his very to keen to play for our new coach.

Thirdly, he seems pretty keen on the #9, so does that mean Api to #6? I doubt both would have come for the opportunity to share the hooking duties. I mean sure it's a step up but having a roadblock there would piss you off after a while.

Fourthly, LOVE his attitude :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Here's another article on Parcell with another terrible title:
http://www.nrl.com/jets-parcell-looking-for-final-delivery/tabid/10874/newsid/90055/default.aspx

Especially interesting that he's made 99 NRL tackles and only missed 3.

Also where does he get off saying he will work hard in the pre-season? Has he not seen this pic?

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

We now have at least 3 hookers when you add Matt Ballin? Will be interesting to see who starts where? Thought Lyon would play 5/8 but perhaps Parcell could be in halves with DCE? Interesting start to trials in 2016

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6