Fresh from the hill - yabbas this time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
first words that come to mind are there goes 5 years off my life.

Not only did first grade win with a field goal with 5 mins to go but PL won the game with 30 seconds to spare thanks to a beautiful take by steppa.

The day for me kicked off about half way through the first half in premier league, 10 all at the time. We then moved to 16 - 10 going into the break and the hill getting into voice. half time hurt, Parra came out on fire and gained a vital lead on the back of some more witt stupidity, today it was fighting to be sent off followed by a kick off out on the full 10 seconds after he returned where parra scored again. Parra then managed to get a good lead and with 30 seconds to go steppa took a ripper off a witt cross kick to fall over in the corener, manly home 32 - 30. Steppa was easily the best in PL for me.

Then first grade kicked off with plenty of intensity and noise. parra had the better of it early and it didnt take long to work out whose team the ref was playing for. They managed to slip away to 16 nil and BK didnt seem to care that we were getting reamed in the play the ball. King and Kite again were solid early and we looked worse with them off the field. We managed to start hanging on to the pill in their 20 and next thing you know its half time and its 16 -10 to the westies. The second half belonged to us, although you could never count parra out we looked the most likely to come away with the win. after getting to 22 all with 20 mins to go we had several raids at the parra line, a few were called back by the ref, one was called back when parra were in the clear, great cover tackle from robbo, sideshow loses the ball, robbo is off and we were a good chance, ref blows a nock on - no advantage what so ever, typical of clarks day. After 3 good opportunities to gain the lead with a field goal orford kicks on the last only to have sideshow make a mess of it and give us 6 to go. Then it went - Big hit up King, Big hit up Kite, Big hit up BK, all to set up the one pointer, then willow decided to go blind side. orford out of position on the 2nd last. manages to scamper back to put through a rushed, ugly field goal. However it was the difference.

Awsome today were BK as always, King and Kite as are becoming regulares, Watmough for 80 mins now, Stewy (came into first or second reciever ala bowne a few times, loved it) and matai played another fantastic game.

orford was hot and cold, thought monas took a lot of kicks that went dead but then realised he was off, these things would have ended up at warringah mall in the second half.

robbo and hicks came looking at the right times and were very solid.

After the final siren went it was great to celebrate with all the manly fans leaving, basically we sat there in bay 17 and sang manly chants to all that went past. To the parra supporters i give you guys credit for the way you handled the loss.

Was a great game that was well worth the trip

-parra did not get a penalty in the second half.i wouldnt worry about the ref if i were you.

-orford sets up two tries with beautiful passes that hit the man on the chest from 20 metres and kicks a winning field goal under enormous pressure.if thats hot and cold ill cop it each week.give up on the orford stuff mate.no one cares.your man is out for a while so you may have to hope "awfulford" as you call him goes alright.

Deserved win. Watmough could have had 3 tries, should have been awarded one (ref erred in not going to video) and finished with none.

You watched a different game to me if you thought Orford was hot and cold. Only criticism I could find for Orford was that a lot of his kicks found the man on the full, but they were big kicks so 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

Yes Orofrd was great, we would hvae lost that game last year for sure.. I really liked Burns effort, he is taking on the line now like 5/8's should. Just wish he could grow a few inches and put on about 10 kilos.

Orfords general play kicking was cold should have been playing for the swans the number of times he hit the man on the chest but cant knock the messiah can we

yeah Orfords general kicking game was pretty poor at times.. but im not going to complain.. usually Monas takes the pressure off him so he was the only kicker.

Burns still offers nothing in attack. His kicking is terrible at the moment.

yeah Orfords general kicking game was pretty poor at times.. but im not going to complain.. usually Monas takes the pressure off him so he was the only kicker.

apart from his kick for Robbos try the other week ;)

I take it you missed the first try KaZa?

and burns kick for robertson a week or so a go.

kicking at the scg is an art.any one like me who watched semifinal football in the 80's realises that.it is hard with wide open spaces and the touchline is miles from the sideline.only 3 blokes on that field have ever played on it.

we actually have a halves combination now (and your lovechild is playing great where he should be playing).we didnt last year.why dont you blokes just sit back and enjoy it .unless you want to retrieve the great monas/willo combination.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4