FREE Buses confirmed for Friday Night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
FREE return buses will be running this Friday night from Manly Leagues Club to Allianz Stadium for all those with a match ticket.

Buses will run approximately every 10 minutes on a first come first served basis, commencing from 4pm until 7pm.

As with our regular supporter buses, the ONLY pick up location will be the Leagues Club. The Leagues Club will be offering special offers to fans on Friday afternoon to grab a feed and drink before boarding the bus, more details will be posted as they come to hand.

The buses will drop Sea Eagles fans in the Bus Interchange on Driver Ave, this will be the return pick up location.

As was the case at Allianz on Saturday, there will be no official Sea Eagles club merchandise representation at the Stadium. Pop into the Sea Eagles Factory Outlet located on Level 2 of the Leagues Club car park before you hop on the bus. This way you will receive your 10% Member discount and ensure every dollar you spend stays with your club (not Rebel at the Stadium!)

My inside sources tell me that Cronulla fans are buying more tickets that Sea Eagles fans today. Make sure you are there to take The Fortress to Moore Park and give our team the home ground advantage. Members pre-sales are currently on sale, General Public Tickets will be available from www.ticketek.com.au from 10am tomorrow.

Thanks everyone & GO MANLY!!

Larissa

Hopefully that gets more to the game, save money on tolls $10 parking $20 plus petrol, no excuses for not attending. we can't have the small shire community outnumber us

Larissa said:
FREE return buses will be running this Friday night from Manly Leagues Club to Allianz Stadium for all those with a match ticket.

Buses will run approximately every 10 minutes on a first come first served basis, commencing from 4pm until 7pm.

My inside sources tell me that Cronulla fans are buying more tickets that Sea Eagles fans today. Make sure you are there to take The Fortress to Moore Park and give our team the home ground advantage. Members pre-sales are currently on sale, General Public Tickets will be available from www.ticketek.com.au from 10am tomorrow.

It’s all great with these FREE buses now announced, well done to the NRL.

We need to get a story in The Manly Daily about getting the message out there … saying buses are FREE from Manly Leagues Club and ticket prices are real competitive. Family tickets from just $50 !!

This news is so good I've dedicated my 500th post to it! Thanks Larissa and well done to whoever's responsible.

There's no excuse now and hopefully they'll be travelling en masse from the Northern Beaches to support our team. Just need to publicise it in the Daily.

Go Manly!

NRL article on the Free buses (see below & extract below), so the Manly Buses will be STA buses with “Manly - Allianz Service” on them.

We need to get message out in The Manly Daily this great FREE bus service, so I hope we get numbers on the buses. If a bus is every 10 minutes (from 4pm to 7pm), it will be 18 buses in all as a guess, so that’s a 1,000 to 1,200 people (they could carry with a few standing).

http://www.nrl.com/free-buses-for-manly-and-cronulla-final/tabid/10874/newsid/74699/default.aspx

Free buses for Manly and Cronulla Final

Cronulla and Manly fans will have access to free buses from their respective Leagues Clubs to attend this Friday’s Telstra Premiership Finals Series semi-final at Allianz Stadium.

The bus service will be free for patrons who have a ticket to the Week 2 elimination match between the Sea Eagles and Sharks and will operate from just one pick-up and drop-off point for each service Manly Leagues Club and Cronulla Leagues Club.

Details for Allianz Stadium are as follows (travellers simply have to return to the place they were dropped off for return travel):

1. The Manly buses are STA buses and will drop-off and pick-up for return to Manly in the Bus Manly - Allianz Service
Manly buses are operating on a first in first served basis from 4-7pm.

Manly Leagues Club will offer discounts to those with match tickets - details to be confirmed.

Anyone using the FREE Bus service from Manly Leagues (or return journey) on Friday? – post here >>>, so we get the feel of people using this FREE service.

I’m going to the game from the City and got a car ride home.

Nothing yet in "The Manly Daily" announcing this FREE bus service (with a story, etc)?? Most people won’t know?

Less than 2 days to go and now the Sharks supporters are buying into Manly Bays !!!!

C'mon spread the word, via facebook or twitter telling Manly fans to get out there to buy tickets and use this FREE bus service.

I'm in x 2.

Yes, a full page ad in the Manly Daily today but no mention of free bus service?!!

Should be an article about the buses in the Manly Daily tomorrow. I've been onto the NRL today about the ad and promoting the buses.

ALinda said:
I'm in x 2.

Yes, a full page ad in the Manly Daily today but no mention of free bus service?!!

I’m sure a lot of these NRL ads are worked out very early in the week, but putting ads in “The Manly Daily” without reference to the NRL FREE buses from Manly Leagues (Brookvale) and the direct and FREE BUS service to Moore Park could be missed?

There have been a lot of these fringe Manly supporters telling us what? No we have not heard, so where do you get that bus??

Even the Manly Leagues Club website has no front banner advertising?? ... and was told ....

“Manly Leagues Club will offer discounts to those with match tickets - details to be confirmed.”??

Less than 48 hours to go !!!

The Leagues Club are offering a $10 fish and chips meal all day Friday along with happy hour from 5-6pm.

Larissa said:
Should be an article about the buses in the Manly Daily tomorrow. I've been onto the NRL today about the ad and promoting the buses.

Yes an article is on the back page of today's Manly Daily (all good):

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/alternative-transport-for-sea-eagles-fans/story-fngr8iii-1226722210029

Alternative transport for Sea Eagles fans

Andrew Prentice / Manly Daily
September 18, 2013 4:52PM

FREE government buses to Allianz Stadium will leave Manly Leagues Club from 4pm to 7pm tomorrow ahead of the Sea Eagles versus Sharks elimination semi-final.

The service will be on a first-in, first-served basis, with supporters to be dropped off at the interchange on Driver Ave.

Up to 30 buses will be at Moore Park after the final whistle for the return trip to Brookvale.

In more good news for fans considering attending the match, tickets are very well priced to coincide with the school holidays.

Incorporating the "battle of the beaches" between Sydney's north and south, children's tickets are available for $10, with family tickets at $50.

And in a great move by the NRL, junior rugby league player passes will also gain entry to the ground.

Rival skippers Jamie Lyon and Paul Gallen would both like to see a capacity crowd when the teams run out for battle at 7.45pm tomorrow­.

"We love nothing more than hearing our fans cheer as loudly as possible for us as we run on to the field," Lyon said.

"They really create a voice and spur us on.

"Our fans have gotten us to this point of the season and hopefully we can give them a show worth travelling for.

"Sudden-death footy is always a great occasion."

Tickets are available through ticketek.com.au, with three categories for members and the general public.

What time does the bus leave from Hervey Bay?

Well done @Larissa, the NRL ad in DT details the free transport, and the column on the back page of the Manly Daily is great:angel:

Also something in today’s Daily Telegraph about the Sharks will have 24 buses filled from their Leagues Club, but not to be outdone, Manly Leagues will have 27 buses leaving from Brookvale !! ______________________________________________________

BTW - there is nothing on the Manly Leagues Club website advertising anything?? (about all these buses leaving from their premises tomorrow??) or their special offer for Friday >>: “The Leagues Club are offering a $10 fish and chips meal all day Friday along with happy hour from 5-6pm”.

@Larissa, you may know the Manly Leagues Club webmaster where they should do a banner on the front page of their website! All good business for them!

CAMBO said:
Dan said:
What time does the bus leave from Hervey Bay?

Obviously 2 hours before it arrives here at redcliffe Dan :)

That's a supersonic speed bus if it gets from here to redcliffe in 2 hours

bones said:
I think I'll be using the free bus service...... From Cronulla leagues. Should be fun :s

Afterwards they are saying they will have 30 buses to take people back to Brookvale (to Manly Leagues)!

I’m sure more may be using the bus coming back! Especially if people got to the game from the City Friday afternoon.

Comparing Leagues Club websites (promoting the game /or buses):

The Sharks Leagues:
http://www.sharkies.com.au/

Also they have a link to this promoting the game & buses: http://www.sharks.com.au/news-display/Invasion-Allianz/84475

Manly Leagues
http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/

Nothing on the game or the 28 buses leaving from the club 4pm to 7pm tomorrow. Not sure if it’s too late, but nice if they could have something on their site's front page (a banner)?

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8