Foz To Snake Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
The angle decoy from Horo

That straight line from Snake.

The Cliffy-esque timing holding the ball up and letting it go perfectly.

I think I just ejaculated.

Kieran Foran is the best 5/8 on earth.

NZ fitst immortal. Guaranteed.

Yep, I did. Off to the showers.

No shame in that, Napper. It was a moment of sublime beauty if ever I've seen one. Ejaculating is the correct response.

It was one of those tries where you went 'wtf just happened??' and then you watch the replay and go 'holy sh$t!!'.

Absolute class from all involved in that play, but to Kieran....I know why people are comparing him to Bobby Fulton. Just when you think he can't get any better, he does something like that!

Nice ball, nice run. Fitting try for our 5000th.

Forans passing game has improved quite a bit this year, I didn't really think it was a strong suit of his before, it was solid but never spectacular. I'm thinking the Johns influence has started to pay dividends, you can see a few of Joeys trick shots in his play. Joey was always happy to go deep into the line and willing to take on the defence, he was never just a ball playing half. Foz is the same, a strong runner who will commit defenders.

bones said:
Manly beat the Bulldogs to the 5000 try mark, even though the Dogs have had 15 extra years in the comp than what Manly has had.

Class always beats arse be it a dogs arse at best

At the game when we knew the 5000th try was the next one to come you could see every Manly player wanted to be the one. The other half wanted it to be Jamie Lyon to score but I wanted it to be Brett - very fitting - Jamie would have been my second choice. Just a shame it had to be at parra stadium not Brookie

That Foran to Snake pass was so sublime, it reminded me of Cliffy and Menzies at their best. Magical. Gee Manly have a classy backline with absolutely no weaknesses. Easily the best backline in the comp.

MissKate said:
At the game when we knew the 5000th try was the next one to come you could see every Manly player wanted to be the one. The other half wanted it to be Jamie Lyon to score but I wanted it to be Brett - very fitting - Jamie would have been my second choice. Just a shame it had to be at parra stadium not Brookie

Gower

Napper said:
The angle decoy from Horo

That straight line from Snake.

The Cliffy-esque timing holding the ball up and letting it go perfectly.

I think I just ejaculated.

Yep, I did. Off to the showers.

"Early" showers, I bet.

It was the Cliffy to Beaver move that we all cherish in our memories - so happy to see Foz orchestrating another sublime Snake try :angel:

Cliffy to Beaver was a class act that went on for about 4 seasons. Hopefully we get 4 seasons of Keiran on to Snake. A sublime moment.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

I've re-watched that try a few times now... And each time it impresses me more and more!

As Alexander in commentary notes, it's a variation on a common play we've not seen this season. It's also a play that requires spot on timing and the nous of a great player to hold up the ball long enough to ensure that the defense MUST hold off the decoy and open up a minuscule hole for one of the_best_hole runners in the game: the magnificent SNAKE!!

It's the timing of DCE's decoys, dummy and pass that opens up the opportunity.... And Foz combines with snake to make it look oh so easy. Pretty to watch :)

Our last five games have been against relatively ordinary squads and we've averaged 38 points per game. IMHO what's of greater importance is the confidence that is being shown in attack now: the first half of the season we won games on defense, of late we've been destroying teams with the ball.

When it all comes together, and it will happen, I don't think there's a team that can beat us :)

My 2c :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4