Foxtel on T-box

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Does anyone have it? How does it go? I's ****loads cheaper than foxtel and austar and doesn't have all the crap channels to go along with it. Just interested to find out how it performs??

I'm interested too. Our 3 year travelling around Oz adventure is about to come to a close and we are moving back home to Coffs Harbour at the end of the week.
The missus has been talking about the T-Box and if its any good we'll be looking at it too.

I've got the basic package with sports and its ok. The picture quality isn't great (to be expected streaming from the Internet). Only advice would be is to make sure you have good adsl 2+ Internet speed because mine at the moment has been awful (freezing and not being able to load channels) due to bad Internet speed.

Telstra said I could get adsl2+ when I actually can't, Telstra wouldn't lie to me would they? :| lol

It sounds like a good idea to me. It's $19.50 a month plus $25 for sport $25 for movies and $20 for entertainment i think. So Even with all channels it's less than $100 a month. I have heard that it streams/glitches periodically though so might not be worth it.

I've got it and rate it. The picture quality is good, the price is excellent and I've had no problems with it as far as connection issues go.

I'm only interested for the sports.
Do you get all the NRL games?
Do you get o/seas cricket?

i was also considering it.. but what puts me off.. is they dont have viewers choice options. Really important for Saturday night games/EPL games.

Can have it with just the Tbox which gives all the games , though its usually on 1 day delay . If you want games live then you would have to add the sports package . Need a good Ethernet connection as wifi tends to drop out and freeze a bit , picture quality is only fair ( about as good as 9 is on FTA )

So if you are streaming the games, does that mean it affects your internet data download? I would imagine one game would use a fair bit of data??

If Telstra is your provider , then it's unmetered . If you go over your downloads for the month , then it's gonna be no good

dceagle said:
If Telstra is your provider , then it's unmetered . If you go over your downloads for the month , then it's gonna be no good

righto - cheers

The sport however for footy games isnt live right??? thats my understanding of the sports channel, only AFL gas the live games on T-Box

Can we go back 2 steps please?I just received a T box in the mail and I have no idea what it is or where it came from. I currently have Fox and just changed my plan the other day, but telstra said they need to ring me back to confirm.

Before I sign up for 2 more years I'd better work out what this is about!

twitchk said:
I've got the basic package with sports and its ok. The picture quality isn't great (to be expected streaming from the Internet). Only advice would be is to make sure you have good adsl 2+ Internet speed because mine at the moment has been awful (freezing and not being able to load channels) due to bad Internet speed.

Telstra said I could get adsl2+ when I actually can't, Telstra wouldn't lie to me would they? :| lol

When I moved 2 years ago telstra told me I couldn't get ADSL2+ in my new house. I call back the next day and they tell me I can get ADSL2+ so I sign up over the phone.
I move in and am only getting ADSL speeds, so I call up and they tell me I cannot get ADSL2+. I call back a fourth time and they tell me I can have ADSL2+ and change me over after being transferred to 3-4 different operators during the fourth call.

TLDR; Telstra are ****ed!

Finished work, looking forward to watching yesterday's game on Tbox's bigpond sports NRL on Demand. Sure enough, Telstra's loaded the Tigers and Titans game in the Manly game link. :/

I'm no longer in the city and can only get Telstra. The NBN promises are just a dream and apparently many years away, so thanks Malcolm. Even low end video sites like imdb.com need many minutes to load and play. Even though I'm paying for ADSL 2+ it is a myth so Tbox would still be a joke. Grumble :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4