Fox Sports' Matt Elliot Recruitment Evaluation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Elliot thinks that Melbourne are a top 4 side, that the Speels have done the best recruiting job and that we won't make the 8. That just about says it all.

The only thing this guy ever did as a coach was win a Challenge Cup with Bradford in 2000. He did nothing at Canberra, nothing at Penrith and nothing at the Warriors.

If I was a club CEO I wouldn't even hire the guy as an assistant coach.

So Elliot thinks that Melbourne are a top 4 side, that the Speels have done the best recruiting job and that we won't make the 8. That just about says it all.

The only thing this guy ever did as a coach was win a Challenge Cup with Bradford in 2000. He did nothing at Canberra, nothing at Penrith and nothing at the Warriors.

If I was a club CEO I wouldn't even hire the guy as an assistant coach.
My favourite Elliot moment was when he mimed hanging himself with his tie. Gallows humour.

I didn't miss it champ of course we had injuries ballin,horo,& foran are propably the quality outs that he mentions in my view.The rest that have left were hot & cold.

Well that is why we didn't get into the 8 last year. Why is there a disconnect?

When we had decent troops available in the second half of the season we were the 3rd best performing team.

Elliott is just another Jobless merkin giving his opinion, just boring predictable media. Same as when the likes of Steve Turner, Steve Mortimer, Anasta and all those has beens give their opinion..nothing different than some old pissed bloke down at the pub.. my teams better than yours sort of ****. Its the sort of crap that holds the game back. I mean who could gives a toss about recruitment scores anyway!

To be fair if you count losses against gains then Parra's recruitment does look good on paper.

What doesn't show up on paper is that those players will now be a shade of their former selves.

I actually quite like Matt Elliott as I find him just a bit different to the normal commentator. However in this case I think he's way off base with us. Our recruitment is top class. You'd have to say our recruitment has been in the top couple. I agree parras recruitment has be very good, Foran, Jennings etc on paper looks very good, the Warriors have done well with RTS and Luke, but in my very biased view our recruitment of Taupau, Myles, Walker etc etc etc has taken us from a very disappointing year in 2015, to a point where I think we should be very competitive in 2016.

Well that is why we didn't get into the 8 last year. Why is there a disconnect?

When we had decent troops available in the second half of the season we were the 3rd best performing team.
We couldn't beat Parra at Brookie with the season on the line. Yep we were awesome.

I'm not going to say that the Speels haven't done a good job recruiting for 2016 because they actually have. But if anyone, including Elliot, thinks they have done a better recruiting job than Manly or the Warriors they're dreaming. On par yes, better no.

The Dalai Arthur a messiah lol. That's ok, we'll forgive him because he knows not what he does :p

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7