Fox Sports' Matt Elliot Recruitment Evaluation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Please.

If you're going to start following the predictions of Matt Elliot you may as well take work out tips from Zorba.

What a sped.

If you're going to write an article that rates team's chances based on player recruitment and exits, then use other criteria to judge each team on these merits, you must apply that criteria to each and every team WITHOUT BIAS.

Otherwise you just come across as a peanut.

Having said that, the "continuity" argument does apply somewhat: I mean we'd still be belting everyone if we had kept that 1995/96/97 team together...

;)

It's just another perspective, no less valid than the perspective that we've recruited so amazingly well we're bound for a top-four spot. Thing is, our new squad (and much of it is brand new) hasn't played a single minute of competitive footy so it's all a mystery. I hope we have a great year. But it's no certainty.

He seems like a nice bloke but last time i checked he was choking himself with his own tie ,so id rather stevie wonder tell us we are no hope because he has seen our form.

Hmmm... I think elliot needs to look at himself in the mirror.

The only half decent point he makes it that we will need to find a rhythm as half the team is new and havnt played together. But by third way in we should be well into a groove.

I don't have anything against Elliott and actually like listening to him on ABC. However, as others have said, it's not so much his opinion, but the logic applied, that I have a problem with. He marked Manly down because, while he said we've recruited well, having so many new combinations in key positions was a problem. At the same time, he praised Parra for recruiting well and forming new combinations in key areas ???????

matt-elliot-tie.jpg

Never rated the guy, definitely a glue sniffer.

Last edited:
He is entitled to his opinion. I do agree that initially Manly will struggle to get the new combinations to gel but I predict after about 10 games the team will be flying high as there are too many quality players in this side. I think our recruitment has been very good and has addressed some of the obvious weaknesses the team had in our pack and around the ruck. Straight away we are stronger as we have committed players who want to be at our club unlike latter 2014 and 2015 where selfishness took over for a while. We are now free of that negativity and the team will be strong again.

Manly C Parra B+?? somebody get in contact with Elliot I want to bet him $1000 we finish ahead of parra.
Just a slight correction to your comment, he rated Parramatta as an A+

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4