Fowards.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
A common theme in all 3 losses is the opposition fowards dominating the games. I dont refer to just outsized & outskilled, the major part is out enthused which is tough to call but true.
Every team has a motivator & for mine Gift is the man at the Seaeagles, not only his performance but he lifts those around him.
His toughness is also underrated in recent seasons as his aggressive defence rubs off on the teammates adding steel that is sorely missing atm.
The added loss of our powerhouse T Rex means we lack punch on that left edge & our biggest , most destructive foward.
Kingy is trying but imo is just average, Kite needs a rocket but can still play when not doing his Spice girls routine, Joe was good in his 1st game back, Darcy is off with the fairies in contract land, Buhrer not near best but showing glimpses of quality, Ballin playing the workhorse role - solid imo, Choc not at his best & starting to skip sideways looking to ball play - best asset is his driving runs with that quick play the ball, the rest all just filling a hole atm.
Wont be at full strength for a bit so hope these fowards pick up the most valuable missing component atm - attitude.
Ppl can blame the backs all day, but till these fowards turn up we wont win a game.

I agree, it's got to start with these guys. I remember in the old days of the Knights coming to Brookvale to play, they had the reputation of a big strong pack that was going to bash you at every opportunity.

The Manly team came up with the call, "red dog". When that was called they would smash the ball carrier. The Knights players soon realised what was going on and for a while it resembled a game from the 70's.

The point is the forwards need to get together this week and decide to get stuck in to everyone with a Panthers jumper on.

Daddycool said:
The point is the forwards need to get together this week and decide to get stuck in to everyone with a Panthers jumper on.

it's up to Watmough and King to get this done.

The are our heart and sole.

The stats show that we are the third worst side in missing tackles. There is not the intensity there was last season. Some of this is because of missing personnel; another part is probably because they climbed the mountain last year and achieved their goal.

I've noticed last night when Mauro and Nood came on last night we were all over them and had great go forward.
As soon as kite and king came back on that vanished

No The Who.What people forget is that half the team has climbed two mountains against the odds.We are a club that struggles everywhere but on the field.
The two gf wins are not often mentioned as a current problem but premierships are hard to win-these guys are older,more injury prone and have achieved everything.It must be incredibly difficult to raise the passion a third time.We have been very lucky to have had the services of blokes like this and maybe it is just one step too far.History says it is and the next few weeks will probably tell us.

King & Kite are considered the forward leaders and apart from the occasional good game, on the whole they just seem to go thru the motions.

Susan's right, we're on the edge of a generational change within the team. Hasler and Cleal are already gone and some of our senior players are at the stage in there careers that they're looking at moving on for a big payday.

We need an injection of youth and if that means ruffling a few feathers and promoting some different forwards to the starting side then so be it. What the younger guys concede in experience they make up for in enthusiasm and that's what we need on Monday.

The Who said:
The stats show that we are the third worst side in missing tackles. There is not the intensity there was last season. Some of this is because of missing personnel; another part is probably because they climbed the mountain last year and achieved their goal.
Mate Intensity is the right word you used and Mr intensity in our side is none other then Matai . When players are missing Matai leads by example . When the team performs his intensity never eases he keeps raising the bar. Our great coach 2V was the same he always played with a '' hard on " . We are down on troops and we cant afford any more soft cock performance from some of our forwards .

Daddycool said:
King & Kite are considered the forward leaders and apart from the occasional good game, on the whole they just seem to go thru the motions.

Susan's right, we're on the edge of a generational change within the team. Hasler and Cleal are already gone and some of our senior players are at the stage in there careers that they're looking at moving on for a big payday.

We need an injection of youth and if that means ruffling a few feathers and promoting some different forwards to the starting side then so be it. What the younger guys concede in experience they make up for in enthusiasm and that's what we need on Monday.

We've been getting a sneak peek of our young forwards in the last few weeks....So far my cup isn't running over with enthusiasm.

eagles2win said:
I've noticed last night when Mauro and Nood came on last night we were all over them and had great go forward.
As soon as kite and king came back on that vanished

Watching the game live, I thought King was our best prop. After checking the stats this morning, nothing made me change my mind. Alot of supporters have been criticising our forwards for not making 100+ metres, and King had 11 hit ups for 140 odd metres. Massive improvement. Not sure that Mauro improved our go forward a great deal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7