Four New Life Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the positive is that the football club will still be there when the current company changes & moves on.
Good luck with that.

Anyone who has followed recent developments would have no doubt that Penn means to destroy the FC completely, he wants unfettered control and the FC remains an annoying fetter.

This move with life memberships is potentially devastating as it puts the players right smack in the middle.

I thought blindsiding Toovey on Fox 360 was the worst thing I'd seen, but this is actually a lower move in my opinion, a shamelessly cynical power play using our champions as pawns.

Good luck with that.

Anyone who has followed recent developments would have no doubt that Penn means to destroy the FC completely, he wants unfettered control and the FC remains an annoying fetter.

This move with life memberships is potentially devastating as it puts the players right smack in the middle.

I thought blindsiding Toovey on Fox 360 was the worst thing I'd seen, but this is actually a lower move in my opinion, a shamelessly cynical power play using our champions as pawns.

Your last sentance is very telling " using our champions as pawns"

And I agree , nothing but a cynical power play.

It's a very very low act, I'm truly speechless

One would assume that they were consulted prior to the announcement to avoid such a potential embarrassment. So does Kitey get two life memberships this month now ? Seems odd that he would agree to such a strange arrangement

Kite will get a LM of the football club on the 17th, no doubt the others , and probably Ballin, will be nominated after they retire ( as it should be after the fiasco of Watmough).

So yes it seems TWO awards.

Ritchie's report states:
Current players Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai have been awarded life membership of the Sea Eagles Limited.

http://asic.gov.au/for-business/running-a-company/members-of-a-company/

So a Life Membership of a $2 Shelf Company it seems :confused:

Ridiculous decision and reeks of a desperate need for attention :cool:
The $2 shelf company would be of significantly higher value than the football club asset base! I am an FC member and have been for a decade but like it or not they have become a toothless tiger to quote Zorba.

Seriously the Narks and the anti club comments on here are getting out of control and tiresome.

This is great recognition for four club greats - can't you be happy with that?

Guess what the Penns are here to stay and probably without them we wouldn't have a team to support or we would be playing out of Ipswich or Perth. If you hate the Penns and the club this much maybe it is time to give the NRL away or support someone else!

Rant over

I think it is really sad that such a prestigious honour that life membership is has been used by the Penn clan to drive a wedge between them and the football club and using the legend players nominated as pawns in this battle for ultimate control of the entire club.

What the Penn clan have done is put a story about there through a trusted news limited hack to give themselves positive publicity, while fully knowing that the football club members are the ones who decide these honours.

I really really hoped that the dysfunction would halt once they got control of the club but it seems now that you are invisible if you are not aligned to the Penn clan.

The club is bigger than them and that will always be the case!

Next Thursday promises to be an interesting meeting and its important that all football club members attend this event.

I would have thought they were already life members?

If not then they damn well should be.
They are Life Members of the Football Club, as are pretty much all the other players who have played 200 games for Manly. That's the whole point, MWSE Pty Ltd (Penn and Co.) are now trying to bring in their own Life Membership it seems, in competition with the traditional Footy Club honour. Not only that but they are attempting to give it legitimacy and credibility by trading on the Football Club history with terms such as "joining an illustrious list" and "never before have four life members been inducted on the one day". There are ONLY four members of the MWSE Life Membership group, there is no honour to be had, there is no history, there is no prestige....Killer, Skivvi, Snake and Kitey are it, they are the only inductees. This is nothing but pathetic spin by Kelly and Penn. I'm also a bit disappointed with those 4 players as well to be honest, that they should allow themselves to be used for such obvious political gain. Do they not respect the history and tradition of the Football Club ??

I'm really hoping that this is something that is being done in conjunction with the Football Club and they are on board and supportive, but judging by the statement in the SMH "The recognition is a new initiative from the Sea Eagles board and is separate to the life memberships bestowed by the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club " it seems that isn't the case. I'm lost for words as to how pathetic this is.

The $2 shelf company would be of significantly higher value than the football club asset base! I am an FC member and have been for a decade but like it or not they have become a toothless tiger to quote Zorba.

Seriously the Narks and the anti club comments on here are getting out of control and tiresome.

This is great recognition for four club greats - can't you be happy with that?

Guess what the Penns are here to stay and probably without them we wouldn't have a team to support or we would be playing out of Ipswich or Perth. If you hate the Penns and the club this much maybe it is time to give the NRL away or support someone else!

Rant over

I'm happy that those four players are recognised, they are greats, but why not call it a Hall of Fame or something else ?? They are deliberately trading on the goodwill of the Football Club and the prestige that their Life Membership has, so when it suits them they recognise the value of the MWRLFC. They are trying to passTHEIR honour off as something that has been around since the club started, that's not the case. I'm thankful for what the Penns (and others) have done to keep my team alive, but can't they just move the f#@k on and embrace all the stakeholders ?? This constant quest for revenge is toxic.

Hmmm. Interesting last sentence and emoticon. Am now favouring @lsz 's view that @BOZO is actively trolling. Even considering the possibility that he is Zorba trolling the site to disrupt and get some cheap thrills on the side. The incessant plastic sales spiels defy belief.
There are more speils and thrills coming , You have you opinion and I have mine . Nothing personal feathered friend . Have a nice day and go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
12002193_1495640437424856_6497974735720710495_n.jpg
12002193_1495640437424856_6497974735720710495_n.jpg

I'm happy that those four players are recognised, they are greats, but why not call it a Hall of Fame or something else ?? They are deliberately trading on the goodwill of the Football Club and the prestige that their Life Membership has, so when it suits them they recognise the value of the MWRLFC. They are trying to passTHEIR honour off as something that has been around since the club started, that's not the case. I'm thankful for what the Penns (and others) have done to keep my team alive, but can't they just move the f#@k on and embrace all the stakeholders ?? This constant quest for revenge is toxic.
What is the revenge all about . What as the Football club done to piss them off ?

There are more speils and thrills coming , You have you opinion and I have mine . Nothing personal feathered friend . Have a nice day and go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
View attachment 2743 View attachment 2743
If you were simply expressing opinions, you would have a diversity on a variety of subjects. You have expressed no opinions other than what the establishment does it right and everything else is wrong. And yet you are constantly expressing this exact same "opinion". What you are expressing again, again and again is nothing more than a single corporate sales spiel.

THAT is troll behaviour.

Sorry @The Wheel but I agree 150% with what @Chip and Chase has stated here.

I see your point, hope you can see mine, if not we will just have to disagree

Had this been announced as a new award called ( thanks C & C) the Hall of Fame award for all players who play 200 or more games I'd be totally cool with that.

But you Penn supporters cannot spin this any other way , this is just an outright cynical power play using our four champion players as pawns.

And if any of you can get a positive out of that then good for you!!

What is the revenge all about . What as the Football club done to piss them off ?
Bozo I'll assume that you have been following Manly for more than 5 minutes, so I'll take that as the disingenuous question it is. As to why ??? You'd have to ask Penns and Zorba what the revenge is all about.

Bozo I'll assume that you have been following Manly for more than 5 minutes, so I'll take that as the disingenuous question it is. As to why ??? You'd have to ask Penns and Zorba what the revenge is all about.
So you don't know ?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8