Four Nations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
Screw tradition. Those jersey's are sh1t! It's like watching the Capra's play Redcliffe.

Totally agree Moz. The scoreboard is starting to look like a Q-Cup game too. Sadly.

:p

Ferris is playing in the #15 jumper for the Poms.....

I thought Jamie did his ACL? :p

On a serious note, the Aussie forwards are not bending the line other than Greg Bird. And on top of that the Poms are making way too many metres up the middle.

As I say that, Boyd Cordner has just killed a try by Inglis by stopping in the Poms line and not running through, thus causing obstruction.

Hunt on for Thirdman and scores after 2 minutes on debut after a deft little kick by Scam Smith.

Smith doesn't shank this kick at goal like he did the last one. When he missed that one I thought he'd gotten Skivy to kick it. They are at AAMI Park after all.

I thought for a second I was going to see a hugely farcical decision being made lol...

Sanity prevails... Just!!

Bloody Timmy Sheens!! It's a fine line between idiot and genius. Having Cronk, DCE, Smith and Hunt all on the field together was walking that line. Came up trumps though. That's the sort move I would have made playing NRL on Xbox.

The good thing was that even though Smith officially moved to lock, he still played his normal role and the three halves roamed around (though Cronk actually seemed to take a back seat to Hunt and Cherry).

Big gamble though basically having 4 forwards doing the hard work, especially that late in the game when they'd been without Beau Scott since early on. But thankfully it worked out and we won.....though I was worried Joey might have been right and they called Hall's touch a try.

I may not be a big fan of Inglis, and I hate the club he plays for, but Billy Slater is going to have a very hard time getting his jumper back off him next year.....even that maroon one.

Well... I'm not sure which game the Queensland media watched... But apparently without Ben Gunt's match winning try, and even betterer "try assist", we would have been beaten.

Bloody cyclops media ffs!!

Sooooo.......... anyone think that no try was a try? (the one the poms got in the last min or so).

In the context of the game in real time I didn't think so....but I sure didn't think he 'touched the ball on the way up' as what the idiot ref ruled.

Doesn't seem to be too much of an outcry from England so maybe not.

KOMORI said:
I thought for a second I was going to see a hugely farcical decision being made lol...

Sanity prevails... Just!!
Agree. Still in Nebraska visiting the Mrs mob, so I listened to game at midnight here on Triple M.
Jamie Soward was with Triple M & said Hall had defiantly scored with 42 seconds to go.

But, after watching the Highlights today, & What Soward said, I thought,
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...?!! (WTF)
So, I see what you mean.

bloody Canadian tv guide said it started at 11pm. Tune in to see the end of the first half. fmd the nrl should get onto these idiots.

Now.....

Whilst I don't "really" mind Inglis' goanna celebration....I just wish he would get the best possible kicking position for the goal kicker first.

In the last try he was just staring at the crowd when he could of easily run in under the posts, and still did his goanna (which I used to shoot on the farm.)

Hopefully, it doesn't cost us a test one day (doubtful) but it reminds me of SBW's too cool for school try attempt when he slipped over the line before getting the ball down (and that was too funny!)

How bad is Dylan walker? Sheesh, would have to be one of the worst and inexperienced centers to play rep footy.

Definite try at the end. That would have made the journey worthwhile, nothing would top that. Jennings knocked on, Hall grounded. Can't believe how quiet/passionless that Australia fans were. I was the only one on my feet applauding the Australian team on the field as they came out of the tunnel. Bizarre.

LeedsSeaEagle said:
Can't believe how quiet/passionless that Australia fans were. I was the only one on my feet applauding the Australian team on the field as they came out of the tunnel. Bizarre.

That's Melbourne for ya!

LeedsSeaEagle said:
Definite try at the end. That would have made the journey worthwhile, nothing would top that. Jennings knocked on, Hall grounded. Can't believe how quiet/passionless that Australia fans were. I was the only one on my feet applauding the Australian team on the field as they came out of the tunnel. Bizarre.
We're just used to winning.:p

LeedsSeaEagle said:

Yeah Jennings was lucky with that grounding decision, most prob a knock-on. Hall didn't quite get there for mine either.

The quiet crowd may be due to the game being in Melbourne, a non rl town. The storm are a fake transplant team like your London side.

looked at it a lot....may be aussie bias but eventually happy with the no try ruling.

Certainly in the context of the game and at full speed....there's no control there!

stumble fumbles = no try.

Thought it was at first.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vsIZSjUNrI[/video]

I've only had a quick look at the table, so forgive me if my maths is wrong here, but I thought Australia are a massive chance of still missing the final.
If we beat Samoa by say 20 (which is probably being generous the way we have been playing and the way Samoa have been playing) and if the Poms beat NZ by 8 then I think we still miss out on for & against.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6