Set one of these up at brookie oval and I reckon we would raise $20m in no time. $100 for x rated services. Chard Road might have to close. Nude car wash here to stay Unhappy Brisbane residents may have to put up with a nude car wash offering x-rated services, after police and Brisbane City Council both said its operations were beyond their control. Local councillor David McLachlan spoke out about the Bubbles 'n' Babes business on Tuesday, using a council meeting to complain of inaction from police and council officers. Cr McLachlan said the business, run by strip club entrepreneur Warren Armstrong, was originally given approval to operate as a motor vehicle repair shop. After complaints from residents, Cr McLachlan said he had asked council officers how the business was allowed to operate in its current form. "To date I've not been provided with an answer to the questions I've asked," he told council on Tuesday. Lord Mayor Campbell Newman said the issue was out of council's control and a matter for Queensland Police. "If it was approved for a car wash then I can't imagine how we can stop them," Cr Newman said. "If there are other things going on, which shouldn't be going on, that are regulated by state law, then that is a matter for the Queensland Police Service." However, Metropolitan North District Officer Col Campbell said police investigations to date had found the business was not involved in anything illegal. "We'll continue to monitor the situation but anything we've investigated so far has been lawful," he said. The operation offers a topless car wash for $50 and a nude car wash with x-rated show included, for $100. Superintendent Campbell would not speculate on what activities would be considered unlawful or how police planned to monitor the business. Cr McLachlan said he was disturbed that police had told the media they had not received any complaints from local residents about the car wash. He said he had corresponded with a senior Hendra police officer who said the station had taken complaints. Superintendent Campbell said the officer had made a mistake. "We did not receive any complaints about the operation itself that required a police response and investigation," he said. "We have received information from the community that it exists and that it's there." He rejected claims of a police cover-up.