1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward pack next year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crushercleal, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    With the impending arrival of the Lyon King, have we shot ourselves in the foot by not boosting our forward pack instead? We all know that good, big forward packs win Premierships (see Panthers '03, Dogs '04). Yes, our backline was in need of a major upgrade. I just hope we have the right engine in place too.

2. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yeah we do need to boost the forward pack, but with our back line we should really only have to match other forwards and let the backs do the work.

Last weekend showed in the first 20 how dominent we where but didnt have the backs to get accross the line

i am sure there will be more signings in the forwards to come, i just think Lyon was the catalyst and possibly otheres where waiting to see where he went

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    We our forward pack could be substainially weaker with BK, Kylie & maybe Bryant going

4. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hopefully we have enough in the kitty to buy a solid replacement for BK. Other than that, it's up to the youngsters to start performing, ie Rose and Cuthbo, etc. When the Panthers won, it's because all their youngsters (ie Clinton, Waterhouse) made the step up to the next level.

5. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    news on tye Nate Myles front has been quiet, i presume hes concentrating on Origin

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 285
    Kite, Rose, Watmough, Menzies, and I'm sure a boom second rower will go great guns. I'm sure we will sign Bryant (which is no big deal).

I almost reckon we'll snag that 2nd rower from St Hellens everyone was talking about earlier in the year. He's played rep footy as well. Forget his name though.

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Too true - we were camped down there early and didnt look like we could muster a half chance let alone crack the defence. Jeez i hope we get hime - no more 1 try against matai and twice the attacking power.

8. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my source at the Bulldogs is that Myles is waiting to see how strong the buys are for Manly, Titans. I bet he's also waiting to see if we are desprate enough to pay bigger bucks for him. News is that he's been hanging around Sonny Bill too much, and has an over inflated opinion of his worth to a club. Does not want to geopodise his SOO & Test Football chances to going to a club which cannot allow him to be a dominate force. Can't blame him for that one.

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 285
    Too true - we were camped down there early and didnt look like we could muster a half chance let alone crack the defence. Jeez i hope we get hime - no more 1 try against matai and twice the attacking power.

[/quote]

Your right guys. The guys on NRL on Fox reckons we are great getting from 20 to 20, but then we break down. Bells injury contributes to that. Imagine Lyon AND Bell !!! Scary !!!

10. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Do you mean Fielden? I think he resigned in the UK.

11. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If we sign now one else our next years team i would hope is:

01. Brett Stewart
    02. Micheal Robertson
    03. Steve Bell
    04. Jamie Lyon :)
    05. Chris Hicks
    06. Travis Burns
    07. Matt Orford
    08. Jason King
    09. Micheal Monoghan
    10. Brent Kite
    11. Adam Cuthbertson
    12. Anthony Watmough
    13. Steve Menzies

14. Shane Dunley
    15. Mark Bryant
    16. George Rose
    17. Glenn Stewart

That is if we make NO more signings.

How good will travis burns be by this time next year??? Inside him is Orford outside is either Steve Bell or Jamie Lyon..... that kid is gonna learn from some very handy teachers!!