Forget Rothfield, your Round 1 team and why??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would be stunned if Fa'oso wasn't in the 17 for round one. Was a member of the 17 in the GF winning side last season and would understandably expect to be there.

Ralphie said:
Would be stunned if Fa'oso wasn't in the 17 for round one. Was a member of the 17 in the GF winning side last season and would understandably expect to be there.

Agree and will be there I reckon!!

Horo is a gun as well, what a great pick up by our P Plate CEO and L Plate Talent scout.

These two will feature heavily in the 17 (if fit) all year.

Chee Kam is the wild card...gee he was impressive in the 20's for Canberra.

And big George, how can we forget him

Jeez don't we have some back up and depth this year....if we can keep most of the top 20-25 without serious injury we are in for one hell of a shot come the end of round 26.

Read a bit about how the forwards are going at training, Lawrence in particular. Not much about any of the new backs so it doesn't give us much of a clue who might grab that wing spot til Wolfy is ready. My guess with previous first grade experience it would have to be Farrar in 5.

I'm a big Ferris fan but if he gets a starting spot our backrow is a little small for my liking. I'd really like it if Choc moves back to the edge. He is wasted as a battering ram, where he's just so damaging out wide.

For balance in the backrow I'd go with Smokin Joe as his grunt will be sorely needed. He showed last year when used in the backrow he was awesome with his charges up the middle.

Longterm Chee Kam to take over from Joe when he's ready. As already noted our depth especially in the forwards is the best I can remember for quite a while.

Were in a much better position than last year IMO.

the mauler said:
Longterm Chee Kam to take over from Joe when he's ready. As already noted our depth especially in the forwards is the best I can remember for quite a while.

I think we sorely missed Shane Rodney last year. We need to unearth another one of him somewhere from this bunch of players.

According to a Manly Daily article 21 Jan 13.

Wingers are heavily tipped to be will be Taufua / David Williams for Round 1 against the Broncos - "with utility Ben Farrar and local Clinton Gutherson in the mix".

Yeah unless wolf man is still not 100% and Taufua is charged/stood down/in jail.

I have a feeling despite not being mentioned that hiku will be there round 1

There is big wraps on Hiku.... apparently he is a gun FB and 5/8 too.

My old man is 85 and been going to brookie every week for about 60 years. He is a good judge and he has been telling me all year about Gutherson.... he reckons he is the best young talent he has seen in a long long time..

I know he might not be ready for 2013 but he thinks he has the composure and confidence of a seasoned player and more skill than most. Needs to add some bulk but is only a kid

MWSE said:
the mauler said:

I think we sorely missed Shane Rodney last year. We need to unearth another one of him somewhere from this bunch of players.

A great "toiler".....we have missed him and also Le Stranger from a few years back...both for different reasons.

25 Feb 12 @ 11:56pm by Jon Geddes

YOUNG Clinton Gutherson is rated such a hot football talent the Australian Rugby Union had him earmarked to be a member of the 2016 Olympic Games Sevens squad.

But in a major coup the Sea Eagles have beaten a host of rivals to sign the outstanding 17-year-old from Cromer until the end of 2014.

“Five or six NRL clubs have been after him, every Super Rugby franchise was chasing him, as well as the new Greater Western Sydney AFL side,” Simon Healey, Manly coaching and development manager, told the Manly Daily.

After signing his new deal this week Gutherson received a letter from the ARU with its offer to keep him in the code until 2016.

It recognised his talent when he was a member of the Australian Sevens team that played in the Junior Commonwealth Games last year.

“I’m really happy to be at Manly for the next two years,” Gutherson said.

“I’ve always lived around here and supported the Eagles. It was an easy pick.”

Gutherson is currently captain of the Sea Eagles undefeated SG Ball side, but is rated so highly he has been training with the first-grade squad during his school holidays.

“Most of them are my idols,” Gutherson said. “They were really good, talking to me and telling me what to do.”

The Sea Eagles are carefully monitoring Gutherson’s progress and Healey said he will definitely play Under 20s this season.

“Next year he will play 20s again, with the possibility of playing some first-grade matches,” Healey said.

2014 he will become a member of the Sea Eagles fulltime squad.

Healey said Gutherson plays a bit like Brett Stewart with his attacking style with a kicking game on top of it.

“I remember seeking him play a game when he was 13 off one step kicking goals from the sideline,” he said.

Dessie's poodles will probably offer young Gutherson a million plus a year to play with them. he tried to get him earlier. Mind you Parramatta might offer a million and a half a year or Gold Coast may offer him 6 million over 4 years to break contract next year. And they said Manly were the predators.

Bearfax said:
Dessie's poodles will probably offer young Gutherson a million plus a year to play with them. he tried to get him earlier. Mind you Parramatta might offer a million and a half a year or Gold Coast may offer him 6 million over 4 years to break contract next year. And they said Manly were the predators.

There are some ridiculous offers being made at present....I wonder if the talent scouts think the talent pool is drying up??

The (rumoured) 1.85 Million for Hoppa Jnr is just jaw dropping...talent to burn BUT the kid will have had two years on the sideline not involved with any football as such....that is a BIG risk IMO.

well all i know is my old man is a pretty good judge and he doesnt get too excited too often and he reckons he will be a supertsar....

Hope we can hang on to him

McEagle said:
well all i know is my old man is a pretty good judge and he doesnt get too excited too often

Can you blame him? Last time that happened, 9 months later you were born!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

(Just teasing :angel::heart:)

At full strength 1-7 are set.
8- King
9- Ballin
10- Kite
11- Watmough
12- Horo
13- Stewart

The bench is very debatable, maybe trials will help & though Tooves will opt for more size, the increased speed of the game suits this quicker bench imo.
REs
14- Fa'aso
15- Buhrer
16- Lawton
17- Chee Kam

Big Ritto was an exceptional young front rower & a huge unit.
The high shot from Lomax had nothing to do with his clot & in fact the scans following the concussion saved his life.

MK Eagle said:
The bench is very debatable, maybe trials will help & though Tooves will opt for more size, the increased speed of the game suits this quicker bench imo.
REs
14- Fa'aso
15- Buhrer
16- Lawton
17- Chee Kam

Needs another prop on the bench. Lawrence for Chee Kam.

Chee Kam will battle for a spot between Buhrer and Horo.

McEagle said:
well all i know is my old man is a pretty good judge and he doesnt get too excited too often and he reckons he will be a supertsar....

Hope we can hang on to him

McEagle will you stop making public your opinion of this young lad. From what I've heard, I agree with your grandfather but we're trying to keep it all under wraps and hopefully get him signing a long term contract. Same with Trbojevic and Chee-Kam. Three potential super stars in the making but lets keep it in house eh

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6