forget lockyer its there tactics we need to worry about

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kick cahse has always been part of the game, as has the bomb. But the bronx have found a way to combine them both.

The broncos get to half way and put up a 30 m bomb to the corner. Like any bomb they have a chance of getting the ball back. Manlys back 3 are great under the high ball but that isnt the problem. As they chase this bomb hard they are able to hammer the ball carrier in the corner of the field deep in there own territory, giving the back 3 No chance of returning the ball. This ensure they have a full line of defence due to the hang time as well

This is the sole reason why the warriors and the dragons had little chance of getting out of there own half. Its boreing as bat **** but mighty effective

Manly will be able to defuse the bombs as they kick from so far out they struggle to contest them but there is no chance of getting easy metres from the return or the subsequent tackles due to the position on the field, and the dedication to the chase

Lockyer playing will probably help as he will be one of the kickers and a little tentative but anyone can play this position so a uninjured player may play this role better

Lockyer is invaluable if manly get a roll on and he can stem the flow with his leadership but if manly let the broncos get control early it is a hard road back.

For this reason manly must run with the breeze in the first half allowing cherry to kick us out if this happens in the first half. They are much stronger in the first half than the second

The broncos are a strong fit squad, all goers that follow the script well. Its up to manly to stop them and test them with a game that doesnt allow them the tactics they want. If so manly can take them

Worried no, but what happened to an oldy but a goody - kick return?

I recall in the late 70's the kicking duels that the full backs used to have.

If Manly have brought the delightfull Biff back, I would love to see this aspect return as well.

DCE get cracking on the 40-20's Sunshine :)

If we play with the same passion as when we met the Broncos 2 weeks ago with a depleted side, we will put them out to pasture for 2011.

This is why Lockyer is so important for their team, he was the one putting in most of those pin point kicks.

Some of the bombs DCE does are the biggest in the competition, Brisbane had some problems defusing them last time we played them.

wallace kicks an awful lot as well, They must have kick 15 mid field bombs last week. Its better than the old kick chase as the player is nabbed almost as they catch it

Manlys back 3 are good but battering rams they are not

matai is good but he will need second rowers back there very quickly to help out, turning the big men around at a very fast pace.

Manly need to kick for touch slow the game down and keep the broncos pinged or else

jbb/james said:
This is the sole reason why the warriors and the dragons had little chance of getting out of there own half. Its boreing as bat s**t but mighty effective

Not true. Bat s**t is far more interesting.

Have found it fascinating that teams haven't used this as their standard last tackle tactic. Jack Gibson and Johnny "Bomber" Peard showed the way, particularly in 1974/5 with the Roosters. Spot on jbb. Locky may be a magician with the ball in his hands, but I reckon you've identified the biggest tactical reason they're desperate to have Locky on the field, passenger or not.

They do like to defend a lead. That could be a downfall for them if we click in the 2nd half as we seem to. I'd love to blitz them as we did the storm. We could have beaten the Qld side that day.

WAMF said:
If we play with the same passion as when we met the Broncos 2 weeks ago with a depleted side, we will put them out to pasture for 2011.

Spot on, even with DL

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4