forget form/ angles/and bla bla. Its all in the head

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ok, with all the talk about form, consistency, super forum coaches etc lately, Ill give you what I believe is happening at Manly. Its alll about Des IMO. Des over the years has appeared a little stressed in the public and at times his team has played like this.Very uptight. Somehow , someway Des has kept his intensity, but allowed the team to reflect his new found persona. A lot more relaxed happy Des. Early in the year when the 2 points were critical manly upped the ante. Many believed they were playing above there weight, as the intense attitude to every play was evident to all. As the year has progressed and manly first assured there spot in the 8 and then the 4 Des has been seen laughing , joking and being very undesmond like in his approach, especially in the media. What we see anyway. Im sure he is super relaxed away from the cameras.

For a few weeks now manly's position has been all but guaranteed, and he has been quoted as saying its all about preservation as far as injuries are concerned. A little less intensity has been eveident but manly have still got the job done and won enough games to be there. Not just there but in a big way and manly squad is as healthy as any.

As the finals draw closer and the games become more difficult ,I believe manly will show the intensity and desire especially in defence that has been not as evident lately. The scramble has been great so the commitment is there, just not the intimidation. That kind of defence causes yourself injuries as well as the opposition.Manly know within themselves they can win any game and that is all thats important really at this stage. This is great news if i am on the money

Des is a master these days, he has experienced finals every year he has coached, appeared in 2 GF's. Only injuries have stopped more success. Early on in his career manly peaked early and couldnt keep the roll on, these days its a very differentlty prepared manly outfit, and a coach and team that deserves more credit for its standing than many supporters are giving them

The manly team reflect dessies attitude, always have, and I believe the steely eyed one we have all grown to love will appear very very soon. So the refs, the NRL and the other teams better watch out as good cop des is about to jekyl/Hyde them all. This isnt about the radar, this is a good old fashined pantsing, so girls, religious nuts, Fred nile, get ready to look away as the NRL will be nothing but hairy butt cracks and nudie runs in 6 weeks, if we stay fit that is

Oh sugar, I didnt see that eagle.Sorry mate. I was thinking this while throwing paper planes around the yard with my son. Then came in and typed it up. I feel like a goose really

Jbb, I think you are close to the money; I love a good philosophical post. The radical tweak in Des's demeanour is no accident, I reckon he has had some personal coaching in handling stress and how to behave when things are not reflective of expectations. This will all make for a good read when someone writes a bio on Des.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7