Forans Manager Banned for 6 months over Storm salary cap scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to see them out permanently. Player managers are a blight on the game. They line their own pockets, with player welfare being a minor consideration. Bunch of parasites, the game would be better off without them. I wonder how this will affect current player negotiations? This may be to our benefit.

So the player managers are guilty, yet none of the players knew that they were cheating the cap....

I despise the managers but this is classic NRL garbage and I actually almost feel sorry for them.We are supposed to swallow the fact that the players knew nothing about it and Bellamy was totally in the dark despite the fact that the CEO at the end was a nuffy who had been there 6 months.Bellamy was and is a control freak yet he knew nothing.

The rationale behind this is that the players are just "doing their best" so everyone else is to blame except them.These mangers are also just"doing their best" for their client when you boil it down.The bald facts are players/coach/managers all played their part and should be punished accordingly.

The final irony is we have to deal with the week in week out reference to the unbelieveable "culture" at Melbourne.This week we have everyone involved with the game decrying the wrestle as the greatest blight on our game.So the logical conclusion according to the same commentatriat is that the team who introduced and refined the wrestle to a fine art and committed the greatest organized salary cap rort in Australian sporting history also possesses the finest "culture" in Rugby League.My hatred of Gallop and Storm has reached a new level if possible.

God f...ing help our young kids if mimcking the Melbourne "culture" is the way of the future.

WAMF said:
But Zorba says Mimis is the best in the business???

Zorba's morality is on par with Des and the Storm mob.

First one was made officially redundant after decades of being so.
Second one was sacked for unconscionable conduct.
Third were stripped of every Title in the NRL.

'..You lie with Dogs, you get Fleas'

Is that ATO audting the players for their cash payments? Waldron and the agents should be in jail for encouraging tax avoidance via undeclared cash payments

It kind of leaves players in the lurch really. does the NRL have any solid contingency?

Daniel said:
It kind of leaves players in the lurch really. does the NRL have any solid contingency?

It might mean bugger all in the real sense.
I mean, presumably, Mimis just passes on the 'paperwork' to another employee/agent within his organisation and that employee just follows Mimis' instructions.

After all, it's not as if the businesses that the player managers represent have been suspended from managing NRL talent.

Did the players concerned ever have to repay the money...or would that be construed as an admission of guilt.

The managers should get a longer ban, ultimately the buck ( pardon the pun ) starts & stops with them, they're effectively solicitors for the players.
If there was a longer punishment with their livelihood threatened we may have seen them plea bargain with some info as to who else WAS in on the rort - ie Waldron, Bellamy, players, etc.
We may see that happen anyway.

Why the need for player agents at all? Obviously you would need someone to shop you around before you're establised but once you are, shop yourself around and get a solicitor to write up your contract.

WAMF said:
I mean, presumably, Mimis just passes on the 'paperwork' to another employee/agent within his organisation and that employee just follows Mimis' instructions.

After all, it's not as if the businesses that the player managers represent have been suspended from managing NRL talent.

Thats how I saw it aswell. Not even a blip on the negotiation radar.

Unfortunately 'player' managers are a fact of life in almost every field of sport, including jockeys. They are an extension of the role recruitment companies play. A 20 yo kid doesn't have the experience to negotiate a big contract and some sportstars never have the capability, so in some respects they serve their clients well. On the other hand they make life extremely difficult for clubs with their hardball tactics.

Illegal inducements and under the table second and third contracts should bring greater punishment but to be fair to the PAA it was a tough decision and at least they took it.

I thought Slater was one of the few who cleared of any wrong doing so I am surprised his contract has been listed. Maybe there was one but he refused to be involved with it but it did exist.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6