Foran's form

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Firstly, i am not saying that Foran has not performed very well, but i still do not see the fuss.

Foran started brilliantly in his debut, then made zero impact until the next year against the roosters ( we all remember that game ). He stood up when so many were out injured.

Last year, had some great games, no doubt. But i also remember posting last year that he'd been somewhat quiet for long periods (I'm talking weeks at a time). His impact at the moment is like his impact for the Kiwis - zilch. He's hasn't offered the kiwis anything yet

This year, i just feel he doesn't get involved enough, and starts to put on big hits and taking the line on somewhere in the second half, but it's too late. Today he clocked on in the 52nd minute.

With Gift, Trex, Matai\Lyon out, he really should be stepping up and playing the roosters game role - especially for the money he reportedly wants.

This post might sound harsh for a player that can be brilliant. But dunno, some of you guys still give him 3-2-1 each week. I don't see it. DCE is the bigger prize, and if Ricardi is going to be that good, he will leave soon enough to get a crack at 1st grade. Keep Ricardi, let Foran go, and keep T-rex.

An yes, for tonight i take into account he left injured. Has the injury been an ongoing thing maybe?

I genuinly rate him as the best 5/8 in the world. Quiet tonight but he's as tough as a forward with hands like joey. He's the last bloke i'd want to play against.

I agree, big heart for a little bloke. Best 5\8? Fair enough...

If it's true about the money he wants, then not if it means losing Matai or T-rex

I think Foran is pretty consistent. The difference the last few weeks has been DCE not living up to his high standards! Dare I say it, he played better when he was on 85k!!!!

Foran is really only an attacking weapon in that channel of the field. If we aren't going there he really doesn't see a lot of ball. He's almost like a centre that way. But he also does so much of the dirty work in defence, not just putting a bit hit on when its needed but he's the leader of the kick chase team and spends a lot of his effort doing that.

He was by far our best against the Dragons last week. Will have to watch the replay before o comment on the Parra game.

Looks like he'll be out for a couple of weeks now unfortunately. I would'nt mind seeing Riccardi get a run in the top grade while Foran is injured.

He's a key player for us and no one can be expected to produce MOM performances every week. He's being playing injured and now has picked up an injury that will keep him out for a while.

I can't single him out. It's the forwards as a whole that are the bigger problem, they need to step up.

To be honest have you ever seen a half or 5/8th get through so much work, week in, week out? I understand that's his style but gees he needs to take a lesson from the greats of the game, save yourself for attack, and pop up when needed to win the game.

After every match he just looks totally shagged. He will not have a long career playing like that.

I get the impression he has played with niggles for a few weeks now. He's not a classic ball playing 5/8 by any means, I think even he would admit he's not a natural ball player. His strength lies in taking on the line.

Wally Lewis was the ultimate case in point.Having said that,that is the way Foran plays and it is hard not to admire it.The desprate desire to win that he has is hard to replace.

Foz has been playing injured since round 1. Having a month off might be a blessing in the long run, will freshen him up for later in the season. Also think the same for Gift and Trex, the break their having also beneficial in keeping them fresh.

Also Tooves has got to bite the bullet and give Riccardi a crack at 5/8 until Foz comes back. We need to keep Matai and Killer in the centres to stiffen up the defence on the edges, where we were badly exposed last night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4