• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe that he felt more at home with all those players out and young players around him. Its hard for a new player to come into a team that is established and try to be yourself. He also has to do well in the Captains old spot and organize some Manly Legends in Gifty and Choc etc. He will feel more comfortable as the games add up but I think that this happens with teams that have been together for a while and winning when a young "future star" comes in, like the Brazilians in soccer a bit or Steve Smith in the cricket.
Still he had an awesome game.

He was inspirational..... Just think how much better he'll look when we get the other half of the team back!

Forans best game for the club and he nailed every minute of the game.

He has shown us parts of his brilliance but today he was able to shine with the whole team lifting.

I for one doubted his future but today he showed everyone what he can do. The perfect game!!!!

tough brutal display by the kid.i see how he benches 170kg.we are 2 props away from glory.what is his position?i still say lock but in our side he will play 5/8 .you add a top ballplaying 5/8 to our side and a couple of props(which we may have) with foran belting people at 13 and we win the comp.interesting to see how he develops.as sterlo said,he is a great kid but where will he make his mark.

today had 08 wriiten all over it as I thought.this will do wonders.next week is vital against a top side to prove it was more than a great battle against all odds.

last week through me but i still stick to my original call that we have to many winners to roll over this year.

lost amongst all this is how tough brett played.legend!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300614901[/time]

sorry "threw"  i am pissed.

Lucky you corrected to threw or throw would have come through to correct you.

Everything he did today was great he not only won the game for us but he saved it too with his defence and especially that cover to dive on that kick.

If he can play like that for half the time it would still be awesome

That was a Tooves type performance wasn't it? I can see why the club was so keen to hang on to him. Definite future captain if he keeps that up.

ManlyBacker link said:
That was a Tooves type performance wasn't it? I can see why the club was so keen to hang on to him. Definite future captain if he keeps that up.
Spot-on. That period when he just belted them all and lifted the whole team was Tooves all over. There'd be little doubt that it would have been the 'water runner' giving Foran plenty of encouragement from behind the ruck.
...and who was the clown who said the roosters would get us today because their halves are classier???...bloody wombat!lol  :p ;D

Foran steps up to give Eagles a way back
Glenn Jackson
March 21, 2011
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/foran-steps-up-to-give-eagles-a-way-back-20110320-1c2bu.html

WHEN players around him were dropping like flies, Kieran Foran didn't shrug his shoulders and start making excuses.

Instead of thinking his team had every right to lose to the Roosters, he simply found one good reason they wouldn't.

''I just really wanted to step up and lead today,'' Foran said yesterday, after not only helping, but belting, the Sea Eagles to a victory over the Roosters.

''I put it on my shoulders during the week, with the players that we had sitting on the sidelines. I thought that this was a game that I had to lead from the front. I prepared really well for it, and luckily I came out and produced the OK performance on the field.

''We didn't want to be none from two games at the beginning of the season. I thought this was a really great opportunity for us to come out here and beat one of the teams that is regarded really highly in the competition.''

''I said to myself before the game, 'I don't want to wait; I want to go and make something happen,' and I thought I did that.''

Did he what. Foran also climbed to a level beyond any other player on the field. Not only was he man of the match, he might have produced the most dominant performance of the first two rounds.

A 51st minute try, wrapping around his centre Tony Williams to give his side the lead for the final try, was probably one of his more modest achievements. Not long after, Foran ran from the left side of the field to clean up a grubber by Roosters winger Joseph Leilua, then followed it up by smashing his former schoolmate, Mitchell Pearce, on his opponents' next set as the Roosters looked for a quick spread close to their line.

''I saw it coming a few seconds before he did it,'' Foran said of Pearce. ''I managed to line him up. I knew he was coming.''

The Roosters were stung by the hit, lost possession, and halfback Dale Cherry-Evans's bomb found Will Hopoate. While Cherry-Evans was good, the standout was the five-eighth, at 20 already a Kiwis international. Manly captain Brett Stewart said, ''It's inspirational to get young players doing that,'' and coach Des Hasler said Foran's input turned the encounter.

''You look to those players, and one that's so young, and one that's already represented his country,'' Hasler said. ''He's got a big future. ''[Although] he's got to pace himself a bit. I don't want to him doing too many big hits.''

Pearce would have preferred him to holster his shoulder as well. The pair are good friends but keen competitors, having been to primary school together.

''It doesn't matter what it is, one of us always wants to get the better,'' Foran said. This time there was no question who did.

Pearce said: ''He hit me pretty good, eh. He played awesome, 'Kez'. I saw him going pretty hard so I thought I'd get him. He read it pretty good. Good luck to him.''

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7