Foran won't jump ship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did the Bulldogs win the premiership? The way they are all carrying on you'd think it was them who won the grand final.

Brissie Kid said:
Did the Bulldogs win the premiership? The way they are all carrying on you'd think it was them who won the grand final.

You are so right and the problem is that we are feeding their fire here at Silvertails with all negative posts etc, FFS people dont give the mongrels anything.

I reckon you guys are becoming paranoid. I saw foran on the 7 News and I thought it was very positive about staying and playing under toovey. In any case he would be stupid if he didn't hold his cards close to his chest.

Sheikheagle said:
I reckon you guys are becoming paranoid. I saw foran on the 7 News and I thought it was very positive about staying and playing under toovey. In any case he would be stupid if he didn't hold his cards close to his chest.

I agree. And in all honesty, why wouldn't he look at getting more then what he is currently on. He's worth more then what we are paying him at the moment. If we up the remainder of his contract as good-will, i think you'll find he will have no problems at all with staying.

Of course Fozzy couldnt guarantee he'd be at manly, at the time of the interview he didn't know whether Des would be there in 2012 or if Toovey would be his replacement.
Pretty hard to for him to guarantee without all the facts.

If we were to offer DES 1 mil what will Tooves be on?
Surely with the new tv rights coming out all managser would have strategies and be telling players of Forans quality hold their cards close to their chest at the moment and he should and will get 800k
Off us or someone else thats why hoppas price for 2 years time
Is not that huge in my opinion.

Foran is only young but just seemed honest with his answer like, hey d**khead - i'm not gunna say something you can exploit & turnaround on me. Some call it uncertain, I just see an honest wholehearted bloke who wont be forced into a corner to say something he may regret. Only certain thing is there is still uncertain times ahead so I say 'Well answered Champ"

the mauler said:
Of course Fozzy couldnt guarantee he'd be at manly, at the time of the interview he didn't know whether Des would be there in 2012 or if Toovey would be his replacement.
Pretty hard to for him to guarantee without all the facts.

I think this sums this point up perfectly.

It didn't look good at first but in hindsight it did look more like he didn't want to say something that could bite him on the arse. Basically sticking to the whole "never say never" attitude. That's better than lying to us and so I say good on you Foz. Hopefully you decide to renew at the end of 2012.

I realise you can't believe anything that drivels from many footballers' mouths, eg Hoppa, especially to dickhead reporters like Danny Weidler, but on many occasions Foz did comment that he enjoys the Manly Club and culture.

He was also tipped as a future Captain of the Club. That alone is a pretty good carrot to stay, especially if that's the inspirations he has as a footballer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7