1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foran won't jump ship

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Maroon&White, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Maroon&White

Maroon&White New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Manly superstar Kieran Foran insists he won't active an escape clause in his contract to follow coach Des Hasler out of the club, allaying immediate fears the Sea Eagles face a mass exodus of players.

Read the full article

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I hope its true, keeping DCE and Foran is the most important thing for the club to go forward once the board BS is sorted out. The Dogs supporters on the Kennel Forum are still confident Foran will go to the dogs though.

3. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    Good old Channel 9 doing their best to stir up trouble.

4. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Not giving away much? Mustn't of read the news lately. [hr]
    I reckon there more optimistic then confident.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    Did anyone see the interview with Foran by Danny Wilder on Nine News tonight??? Be interested in any thoughts on it if you seen it.

6. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Seen it. Doesn't want to play under Tooves.

We have our own Darius Boyd.

7. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    On the one hand he says that he wants to stay at Manly for years to come and that he'd look "no good" in a blue and white jersey but then he refused to rule out activating the escape clause.

I put it down to him being put on the spot by Weedler.

Choc said all the right things.

8. Earnie the Eagle

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    He did say he was going to stay at Manly but was reluctant to reply about his get out clause. I think he will stay only whilst Des does.

9. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Did Foran actually say he didn't want to play under Tooves? And how do you mean he was reluctant?

10. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    He actually said that Weedler had put him on the spot. He didn't actually say that he didn't want to play under Tooves but was keen for Des to stay on next year.

I can understand why BD said he didn't want to play for Tooves. However, I don't agree with him.

11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    No he didnt.

But anyone who activates such a clause is saying they dont want to play under Toovey, and we dont want them in maroon and white if thats the case.

The team is still going forward and unity should be the only acceptable stance.

The trouble with Foran, Hoppa and any young player is their managers decide their futures.

12. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    I don't think he was saying he didn't want to play for Toovey, just that he wanted to play for Des and wouldn't rule out using the escape clause.

13. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    I don't get your point, Foran hasn't activated the clause.

I also agree about the player manager part, George Mimis helped orchestrate the Des to Dogs deal, he is also the manager for many key pleyers, which I find worrying.

[hr]
    So he actually said he wouldn't rule out using the clause? Even after the papers said he did? What a media circus.

14. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Weed: how would u look in blue and white?
    Foz : no good (laughs)
    Weed: it's a hard question but can you say to manly fans here and now "I'll be here next year and beyond?"
    Foz : oh for sure , you know um, I'll be there I love the club and I wanna play for them for many years to come.
    Weed: so you're not going to activate the clause?
    Foz: long pause then ... Oh.... You're putting me on the spot mate
    Weed: so u don't know yet?
    Foz : I don't know yet it's all speculation.

15. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +885 / 27
    People seem to be forgetting that Keiran signed a contract at the beginning of the year before his price skyrocketed.

If i were him, i would say the same thing and then re-negotiate to get a bigger contract. Activating his get-out clause doesn't necessarily mean he leaves, it just means they sign another...possibly more lucrative deal.

That's what i would like to think anyway. If we were prepared to offer Hoppa $500,000 a year, Keiran would be worth at least that.

Fingers crossed he stays..........

16. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Weidler, what a f***stick, no reporter in the world immediately jumps to a question like that.

Does anyone remember the first question he asked Gallop during the Meida Conference after the Brookvale Brawl?

He said

"Is this one of the darkest days in Rugby League?"

Then he said

"Do you enjoy the biff mate?"

What a germ, he has absolutely no ethics or morals

17. Earnie the Eagle

Ratings:
    +359 / 16

18. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    the red perm needs to get back to his mundine $BW allah gym

19. Earnie the Eagle

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    He will!!![hr]
    Bulldawg supporter are wetting their pants over this, their forums are alive with Foran going to them...idiots, that lot get their capabilities and impossabilities mixed up.

20. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    This.

Why would you rule anything out right now. I didn't see the interview, but reading this, what it sounds like is that he hasn't given it any thought.

He won't blindly follow Hasler. But if the dogs or someone else offer him $850 000 a year, or something ridiculous like Hopoate got, why wouldn't he use the clause and take the money.