Foran to sign extended Many deal (says SMH)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Foran to stay, a bit on Snake & Dragoons won't have money to sign him either.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/i-wont-be-following-des-to-bulldogs-says-foran-20120307-1uknq.html

I won't be following Des to Bulldogs, says Foran Josh Rakic
March 8, 2012

THE INSIDE BACK
Manly fans can get ready to breathe a sigh of relief, with star five-eighth Kieran Foran telling teammates and those close to him that he won't be activating a get-out clause in his contract to follow former coach Des Hasler to the Bulldogs. Speculation has been rife that the Kiwi international and premiership-winning playmaker would defect to the Bulldogs but it is understood Foran is finalising a rich contract upgrade and will remain on the northern beaches. He has told those close to him he has no intention of leaving. The Sea Eagles can thank the appointment of Geoff Toovey. Meanwhile, negotiations surrounding the future of star fullback Brett Stewart are under way. It is understood the fullback is looking for a four-year contract but, given three injury-effected seasons, Manly is cautious of his long-term value and reluctant to offer any more than a two-year deal that would see the former Blues fullback secured until the end of 2014.

DOGS GONE
Speaking of Bulldogs player contracts, some interesting signage at Belmore Oval caught my eye yesterday: ''Canterbury Bulldogs. Together. Forever.'' Try telling that to Kevin Moore, Kris Keating or one of the other 10 players off-contract and on probation under Hasler. David Stagg, Steve Turner, Bryson Goodwin, Dene Halatau, Johnathan Wright, Sam Kasiano, Joel Romelo, Martin Tapau, Luke MacDougall and Michael Lett are all off contract this season and, with Hasler wanting to build his own team, it's understood at least half won't make the cut. No coach wants someone else's team and, given Hasler arrived at Belmore a season early, expect some big changes to the playing roster as the two-time premiership-winning coach has free rein for 2013.

TOUGH TIMES
There's strong mail coming from Concord Oval that the Wests Tigers' shock release of Mitch Brown had more to do with financial pressure on the club than good will. The good oil is both the Tigers and the Dragons are feeling the pinch and not letting on the true seriousness of financial matters which largely stem from dried-up leagues club funding. Stay tuned.

That's positive news on the Foran front. It'd be great to get him locked away early in the season so it's not a distraction.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7