1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foran suing Manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, Apr 23, 2016.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    KIERAN Foran and his former club Manly could be set for a courtroom showdown with Foran threatening to sue the club over unpaid third party deals worth more than $100,000.

The Sunday Telegraph understands Foran claims he is owed $147,000 from the final years of his contract which expired at the Sea Eagles at the end of the 2015 season.

The issue has been ongoing since Foran left Manly last year with the Kiwi international engaging a legal team in recent months. It is understood the Sea Eagles have been issued with a demand notice as correspondence between Foran’s legal representatives and the Sea Eagles have ramped up in recent weeks.

The threat of legal action looms large if Foran and the Sea Eagles are unable to come to an arrangement regarding the unpaid money. Foran had a decorated career at the seven-year career the Sea Eagles, playing 147 games and winning the 2011 premiership.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/09ab27572f262049e64a10ce80d5dff6

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,783 / 100
    Penns V foz.

I'm conflicted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Triple M's Brent Read has reported that Kieran Foran may sue Manly over owed third party payments.

Ready tweeted the breaking story. See the Tweets below.

"Manly has confirmed that they have received an approach from Kieran Foran's legal reps over claims he is owed 3rd party money," Ready said.

"Club has asked for written evidence of the claims and is yet to receive anything. Have left the matter in the hands of their own lawyers.

"Looks like Kieran Foran and Sea Eagles could be headed to court unless they can settle the dispute

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Can we fans and members sue him for his lack of effort and contribution in helping to destroy season 2015?

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We deserve a UFC style Fight to the death - Battle of Brookvale II :skull:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    This sounds like bull**** to me but it's nothing that couldn't be settled without a good smack in the mouth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,783 / 100
    And hope it's a dead heat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    This is either nothing or a disaster. The club is not allowed to guarantee 3rd party deals or they're counted in the cap. So if we have guaranteed the 3rd party deals we have rorted the cap and there is trouble brewing. If we haven't then Foran doesn't have a leg to stand on and can go **** himself.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Ironstine x 1
  9. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    Shouldn't he be chasing the company who hasn't paid the $$? I mean clubs are supposed to be "arms reach" and unable to arrange / guarantee these third party deals right?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Clever Clever x 1
  10. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Parra: Please foz, as you're the new messiah.....can you like do something to take attention off our disgraceful cheating!

foz: We've been cheating? I didn't know that...I don't read papers!

Parra: *sigh* Just sue Manly!

----- I thought clubs aren't responsible for third party deals at all. so he can **** right off.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,119 / 58
    Well if he hasn't received payment, obviously we haven't guaranteed the TPA and it's at arms length, **** off Kieran and ask the 3rd Party for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Doing it for his fam... oh wait.

Wasn't that numpty Peter Peters blowing smoke up Foran's arse recently? And then this **** comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    https://m.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx
    What about money paid from other people or companies?
    The basic guide is that if a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap..

Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player. The club must then get approval for the agreement from the Salary Cap Auditor in order for the remuneration to be excluded.

In 2006, the NRL also introduced an allowance for players who enter into Third Party Agreements with club sponsors. In 2011, the top 25 players are allowed to earn up to a maximum $300,000 from sponsorship leveraging but the total payments under these sponsorship leveraging agreements must not exceed $300,000 per club.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    The real issue that Parra are in strife for right now is because they were guaranteeing 3rd party deals and using underhanded means to pay when the 3rd party didn't. If Manly guaranteed this deal then they have breached the salary cap, period. That is the ONLY scenario where Foran could sue Manly, otherwise he would have to sue the 3rd party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,353 / 51
    This is my understanding also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    No, TPAs that are declared as part of the Cap and signed off by the NRL are legal.
    See above paste from Nrl.com 300k allowed from related parties if declared.

Parra guaranteed TPAs that they did not declare to the NRL

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    I'll remember this prick and Craig Field with similar disdain.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Palms just itching to slap them both into an unprotected goal post :devil:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,353 / 51
    I think the point from a Manly perspective is that they can't be held responsible if a third party doesn't pay up. There isn't any mention of us not declaring third party agreements, but rather that Manly haven't paid up - which doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing?

20. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Agree, my point was to allay @Ralphie 's fear that Manly are in breach of the Cap.

Deadbeat can sue the TPA Company, not sure why he went after Manly @:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1