Foran says Manly are better placed than last year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
NRL Sea Eagles:Rugby League

21 Dec 12 @ 04:15pm by Jon Geddes

STAR five-eighth Kieran Foran says the Sea Eagles are currently better placed than they were at the corresponding period last year, as they prepare for the 2013 season.

He made the observation as the Manly squad prepared to head off for their Christmas break after a torrid six-week training block.

"It's been physically very hard but I think that is what the guys wanted here," Foran told the Manly Daily after a heavy session at the club's Narrabeen headquarters.

"Everyone seems to be in really good shape and things have come together nicely."

Last year's preparations began with the guns still smoking after the civil war involving the bitter departure of coach Des Hasler.

The massive disruptions gave Hasler's replacement Geoff Toovey the toughest coaching job in the NRL.

"Everything's just a lot more settled now," Foran said.

"I think everyone was aware of the dramas that were going on.

"It didn't give Toovs and his coaching staff time to set out how they wanted to approach things and do what they wanted to do."

But Foran said this year there was a whole new feel in the place.

"We know what we are doing, it's not rushed and feels like Toovs and the guys are putting their spin on things."

Foran said in some ways it was a case of starting all over again given the number of new faces signed for the 2013 campaign.

"But everyone had caught on to it very quickly," Foran said.

"It gives us a lot more depth than we normally have had to cover the key guys in the forwards and the backs if they do go down," he said.

"It's comforting to know we do have players who are capable of stepping in and doing just as good a job."

Toovey said the players have worked really hard, particularly in the gym.

"And the new blokes are going really well," Toovey said.

"We'll get some more combinations going after Christmas."

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bring-on-the-new-year-1/

IT'S JUMPING JOEY

RUGBY league Immortal Andrew Johns has wasted no time making an impact at the Sea Eagles.

Five-eighth Kieran Foran said Johns' arrival on the coaching staff had been a positive and he has been working hard on the kicking games of himself and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

"He's been really good for everyone, I think," Foran said. "We're getting a lot out of the sessions we are doing with him."

PUBLICITY WINDFALL

THE brouhaha surrounding suggestions that Manly-Warringah would change its name to the Kaspersky Sea Eagles did not upset everyone associated with the club.

In fact, there were some people who were left with big smiles on their faces.

Blindside understands Kaspersky representatives were delighted with the free publicity and the reminder that the company is the club's major sponsor.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/a-night-to-remember-1/

Glad to see kaspresky getting free advertising.

Foz is 100% right.

The side is far more settled and the goings on of 12 months ago were seriously disruptive.

We have bought well. Young guys with great potential and hard heads that rip in.

We will be hard to beat if we get a fair go with injuries.

Yeah foz is on the money. Sounds like great things are happening at manly.

Hopefully 2013 we are lifting the crown again.

What a different feel to 12-months earlier.
I'm excited about the year ahead, and I'm looking to Foz and Cherry recapturing their 2011 form, and not stressing about every player putting in a 100% effort.
We've now had two blokes - She Rex and Sick - admitting that they didn't give their best last season, and will do so for their new clubs! What absolute jerks!

Agree, new signings, loads of healthy competition and a year for Tooves to set up. Some really promising kids as well.

No more under the radar this year...I LOve It!!!!

Bring on season 2013...I cant wait

Have a look at this article and video from our speed coach Rubin Ruzicka from the mwse site:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Flying-school-for-the-Sea-Eagles/67030

I still thought we had a chance of a comeback at half time in the semi against the scum after a woeful start to the game. Always thought we could take the title in 2012 but understand that injuries had take their toll.

We are a good bet for a title in 2013!

Merry Xmas, Manly faithful.

2013 will bring bad luck to every other team because it is going to be our year !!!

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/sea-eagle-a-diabetes-hero/

THE parents, more than the children, looked for a glimmer of hope.

They were desperate and reaching out for a reason, a comparison, anything that could lessen the pain of having a young child diagnosed with diabetes.

This is a story which has to be told a few days before Christmas.

It is about giving 25 children, their siblings and their parents real information - and better still inspiration- about this disease which is striking hard at the young in our community.

Manly Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart is quietly going about being the unsung champion for parents seeking a crutch in their long journey of trying to educate their children suffering from diabetes that they can live a healthy and active life.

Stewart is fiercely protective of his privacy but when it comes to children and diabetes he is an open book.

He has become the champion of young people with a problem looking for inspiration.

PARTY TIME

Last week I called into the Big Blast Play Centre at Brookvale to attend Brett Stewart's "Kids with Diabetes" Christmas party. It was an experience I will never forget.

The parents were sponges, hanging on every word from each other and they had instant rapport with other parents as they engaged in a few hours of impromptu discussion about a disease which has come into their lives with a tsunami like effect.

. They moved from table to table looking for help while their children were treated to rides, games and challenges from Brett Stewart, his brother Glenn and David "Wolfman" Williams.

The three Manly internationals and premiership winners had the kids sweating and in stitches with unbridled laughter ringing through the centre louder than any Christmas bells.

It was uplifting for everyone.

People like Matt McCredie, whose son Nick was diagnosed with type one diabetes three months ago.

Nick plays league with the Asquith Magpies and wanted to give up playing sport until his father told him about Brett Stewart having the same disease.

In an e-mail to the Sea Eagles organisation Matt McCredie wrote: "This event was a real shot in the arm for my son. Brett in particular has shown him that his diabetes is no barrier to anything. For this I will be eternally grateful to him. Thanks for making such a difference in my son's life."

Santa made a visit to the party - a jolly ho ho hoing "Bazza" Stewart - father of the Stewart boys.

HOSTING A BALL

Next year Brett Stewart will host a gala ball to raise awareness for juvenile diabetes. David Williams will design a jersey to be worn by the Sea Eagles in a premiership match against the Bulldogs which will precede the ball.

Sea Eagles staff will help organise the event as part of the club's community activities.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all readers of Zorba's View. See you in 2013 when the Sea Eagles will continue to make us all proud.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Great to see that Wolfy's jersey creation will be on show again - Round 14 14/6/2013.:angel:

Think the 2013 team on paper could belt anyone.

1. B.Stewart
2. Hiku/Williams
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tafua
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. G.Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Galavao
16. Rose
17. Lawrence

eagles2win said:

1. B.Stewart
2. Hiku/Williams
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tafua
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. G.Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Galavao
16. Rose
17. Lawrence
I'd be giving Gutherson, Trbojevic, Chee Kan et al some game time as the year progresses. They need new blood to be gradually brought through. Many of those players mentioned and nearing their used by dates despite the brilliance they have shown in the past.

eagles2win said:

1. B.Stewart
2. Hiku/Williams
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tafua
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. G.Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Galavao
16. Rose
17. Lawrence

Rose will not get a bench spot over richie , i would be surprised if we see much of rose at all nexted season, toovey has depth in this position now and will only use him when injurys occur, And after last season i think toovey has shown he hasnt got much time for rose.

c eagle said:
eagles2win said:

1. B.Stewart
2. Hiku/Williams
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tafua
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. G.Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Galavao
16. Rose
17. Lawrence

Rose will not get a bench spot over richie , i would be surprised if we see much of rose at all nexted season, toovey has depth in this position now and will only use him when injurys occur, And after last season i think toovey has shown he hasnt got much time for rose.

The club seems pretty high on Lawrence. A mobile power forward, he could be the big surprise packet of next season for me.

Pretty strong team if we can't find at least a bench spot for Richie F who was in a premiership winning team this year. I agree that Lawrence may be the best signing for 2013. Big, quick and keen. Also think Horo will step up and cement a starting spot beside Watmough and Glen. At least we know he will have a go each week.

Takes time for a bloke to get use to the club and how it's run so figure ease big Richie in and the props have to prove themselves (**** I'd drop Kite or King if their performance's weren't up to scratch - the way it should be)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4