Foran live Q & A

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How could playing for the Eels be good for anyone's family. He's either moving his family to Parramatta or he's going to have a long commute. As if he didn't do it for money.

He's sounding a lot like D¢€. Not much regard for the fans at all.

Well he was looking at homes to buy in Baulkam HIlls with a real estate agent in January so I'd say it is likely he will be packing up and moving out that way.

2 hours ago

Parramatta-bound five-eighth Kieran Foran facing the music from journos and answering YOUR questions about his decision to jump ship and join the Eels from next season.

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

a minute ago

Ok, things are getting a bit heated in here so it might be time to wrap things up. Thanks for joining Sportal's coverage of Kieran Foran's press conference and for having YOUR say. Join us against next time!
C:\Users\kwalimu\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

3 minutes ago

Foz, I'm in a bit of a predicament at the moment. I enjoy having weet-bix and milk for breakfast but the rest of my kids prefer Coco Pops, which choice is best for my family?

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Gus

3 minutes ago

Isn't it bizarre knowing you will never win another nrl premiership?

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

fanbot

4 minutes ago

On behalf of Parra fans Keiran we are behind you 00%. We have welcomedChoc ith open arms and I'd lik to say welcome to the family Pal.

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Stevo

4 minutes ago

How is the hamstring and do you feel you have hamstrung a lot of fans

ShareDiscussionsLikes1

Nobby

4 minutes ago

Will you play just as hard for Manly now or will you be doing whats best for yourself and your family?

ShareDiscussionsLikes1

Nobby

5 minutes ago

Did playing again with Choc come into the decision making? Im assuming it was the only negative about a move to Parra. lol

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

DOC

5 minutes ago

How strongly did the lure of a wooden spoon impact your decision to join the eels?

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Gus

5 minutes ago

Do you feel like your performances in the past 12 months justify the price tag of being the NRL's highest paid player?

ShareDiscussionsLikes1

Gus

6 minutes ago

Are you and choc going to car pool?

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Gus

33 minutes ago

This is a statement for Kieran, rather than a question; Parramatta 13 wooden spoons, Manly none!

ShareDiscussionsLikes2

Snake

33 minutes ago

Kieran, just wanted to say despite all the people here giving you grief, we can't wait to have you at Parra mate. Hope you have a great year at Manly in 2015 mate.

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Mitch

an hour ago

Any chance you can send us out with another premiership?

ShareDiscussions1Likes0

CB

Sportal

FOZ: "It'd be nice to go out that way but we're just focused on our roles in the team and playing good footy week in, week out and ultimately that's all we can focus on."

March 17 2015 1:51 PM

an hour ago

Sorry Sportal, but I had to make that statement because that is what was best for me and my family

ShareDiscussionsLikes7

Stephen

an hour ago

Coming from a para fan i am upset with how manly fans are treating you, they would never treated you like this for 2011, i would love for you to come to para now, dont worry foz you are always will be a gentleman and doing what is best for your family and you

ShareDiscussionsLikes1

Mishka

an hour ago

Hi Kieran

Always been a fan. I'd assume the drive to achieve all there is to achieve in the game is a real motivator of yours and a key reason that you signed with Parramatta. You obviously realised that there was no way you could win a Wooden Spoon at Manly, so you made the switch. Is that an accurate statement?

ShareDiscussionsLikes9

Stephen

an hour ago

How do feel upsetting 1000s of women & children that loved and adored you

How do you think parents will feel telling their children that you have deserted them

ShareDiscussions1Likes3

Sarcastic

Sportal

FOZ: "In the end I made a decision that was best for myself and my family."

March 17 2015 1:44 PM

an hour ago

QUESTION: How much was Brad Arthur a factor in your decision?

FOZ: "Yeah mate, that's next year so I don't really want to comment on that. I'm very happy with the coaching staff here, I think Tooves had done a tremendous job over the last three years that he's been involved - the results speak for themselves along with his two assistants in Dave Penna and Steve Georgallis. I think they work well as a team and I think our results will show this year against that we'll be a successful unit."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

Keiran, I get you are going to the eels for your reasons but really, what better mentors than and Immortal RL Player and a Champion halfback?

ShareDiscussionsLikes3

Anthony

an hour ago

QUESTION: Are you happy with how Manly handled negotiations though?

FOZ: "Oh for sure, yeah. Manly treated it with plenty of respect in my eyes and it was great to go through the process but in the end I made a decision that was best for myself and my family."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

Thanks for the cliches Kieran, it is really refreshing to hear a football player speaking in platitudes; it is so uncommon.

ShareDiscussions1Likes5

Stephen

Sportal

Harsh Stephen. The bloke fronted the mainstream media where anyone can ask a question rather than doing a comfortable interview in a studio - credit where credit's due we say!

March 17 2015 1:37 PM

an hour ago

QUESTION: I know you don't want to bag the joint but if you were given a revised offer Manly fans would be fuming, can you understand that?

FOZ: "Yeah I can understand that, I wasn't given a revised offer. Like Manly have said all along they table a very competitive offer.For me in the end it didn't come down to money, I've made a decision that I feel is best for myself and my family."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

QUESTION: DCE was given a revised offer far less than what was initially proposed, did the same thing happen with you?

FOZ: "I'm not prepared to comment on contract stuff."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

QUESTION: Manly management gave the impression you were going to sign with them before Christmas, what happened?

FOZ: "I don't really need to dive into that. There was a process I needed to go through and Manly were really respectful of that. I had a lot of great chats with the owners in Scott and Rick Penn and also the CEO Joe Kelly and look we were just working through the process there but ultimately in the end I've made a decision that feels best for myself and my family."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

…Part 2 of the puppet

an hour ago

Foz, im devastated mate. Cant believe im going to be yelling at you come next year. Worse this was spilled to the Manly fans last November when you were overheard telling other players in public you were going to the Eels. Mate, if you knew then why not tell the club so they could prepare. The only people that lose out are the fans. The club will get over it, buy more players and Manly will keep winning moving forward....meanwhile im going to be hating you for leaving the way you did. btw stay off the whites cause you never know who your mates are.

ShareDiscussionsLikes1

Wow

an hour ago

Hey foz i know it was a tough decision for you to leave manly, but i hope that you are welcome to parra and hope no manly fans are angry at you, you did win us grandfinals goodluck but not againts us ahah

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Michael

an hour ago

Who are these clowns asking these questions? Who cares about the Dogs and the Roosters; waste of a question. He is leaving Manly and going to Parramatta, so talk about these two clubs.

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Snake

an hour ago

Would you have gone to Parramatta for less money?

ShareDiscussions1Likes0

Rick

Sportal

FOZ: For me in the end it didn't come down to money, I've made a decision that I feel is best for myself and my family."

March 17 2015 1:32 PM

an hour ago

Is the 1 club player dead?

ShareDiscussions1Likes0

TamilDan

Sportal

We can answer that one TamilDan. If it's not already it will be in 10 years for sure.

March 17 2015 1:30 PM

an hour ago

QUESTION: What about Mitchell Pearce, obviously he's a great mate so was heading to the Roosters something you considered?

FOZ: "We spoke early on here and there about the prospect but like I said I'm glad I've made my decision now and I can move on."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

Did you choose the EELS over the Bulldogs?

ShareDiscussions1Likes0

Terry

Sportal

FOZ: "(Going to the Dogs) was an option, it was one that I was looking in to but ultimately in the end I saw the Parramatta option as a good opportunity for myself."

March 17 2015 1:27 PM

an hour ago

QUESTION: Ultimately what did the decision come down to?

FOZ: "There were a few factors but I wanted to make a decision for myself and my family, that's the main sort of reason. This is a really great footy club, it's going to continue to be a winning club and I just think the people that are involved, Tooves and the coaching staff – Dave Penna and Steve Georgallis are doing a really good job at the moment in taking this club forward and I've got no doubts we can have a successful year."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

QUESTION: How much did your Dad have to say about the decision? Did you talk to him about it?

FOZ: "No, not at all."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

an hour ago

Is there any chance you changing your mind and staying as an Eagle?

ShareDiscussions1Likes0

Mark

FOZ: "Look I don't think so, I'll honour the decision I've made and that's the way I see it."

March 17 2015 1:13 PM

an hour ago

QUESTION: How tough was it to tell them, you didn't want to do it did you?

FOZ: "It's extremely tough. This is such a great club and I've got so many great mates here and I've had a wonderful time ever since being here as a kid, so it's not something you want to do but at the end of the day I'm glad it's over."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

2 hours ago

QUESTION: How did you tell your team-mates and what was their reaction?

FOZ: "I just pulled them all together yesterday morning and just let them know of my final decision. There was overwhelming support from all the players and I guess that's always pleasing to see."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

2 hours ago

QUESTION: How do you feel now that it's all done and dusted?

2 hours ago

FOZ: "Yeah it's a big relief off the shoulders, I'm glad it's all over and I can move on now and concentrate on the year."

ShareDiscussionsLikes0

Sportal

2 hours ago

Got a question to ask Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran after it was announced he will be wearing Parramatta Eels colours in 2016?

Leave your questions and comments here and we'll ask the best to Kieran at his presser on Tuesday.

Answers from 1pm AEDT.

Some wonderful questions there. Congratulations to all those who asked them.
What I get out of it is that Kieren isn't moving for the money; it's for his family. Yep. That's believable.

He is a pioneer - the first to move on account of his family from the comfort of the Northern Beaches to Parra, with its meth addled CBD and um...

Maybe someone should have asked if his family dies in a car crash tomorrow whether he would change his mind

Parra could ,most likely be 1 and 4 after the next two rounds against the warriors and rabbits.

I would laugh if they have a disasterous first half of the season and Arthur gets sacked for Anderson.

Some of those questions had me in tears, great stuff all. Very odd PR move on his behalf though, what did he really expect?

Parra could ,most likely be 1 and 4 after the next two rounds against the warriors and rabbits.

I would laugh if they have a disasterous first half of the season and Arthur gets sacked for Anderson.
Guarantee they would wait until July 1 to do it too.

Haha love that people where giving him stick about his boring, stereotypical answers. I won't be cheering him on this year. The bloke is a goose and clearly a lier.

Do you think he got owned, one of the biggest fan owning of a player i have ever seen. Him and captain i look as dumb as i sound choc got to take good with bad, choc and his new slime friends on twitter.
Choc if your reading as you know my online name i am not a troll igenuinely ****ing hate you find that ditch ****.

Foran comes across as being quite unintelligent Maybe he was on the whites when he was answering the questions

Bets the hell outa me why he would want to do that, no winners in that little production, he just looks like a bigger dickhead than he really is!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7