• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was a great effort by Liam. Nice to see him got a start in the team. Hopefully it does wonders for the kid and he does earn a bench spot.

Ryan said:
Full Strength

01. Brett Stewart
02. Dean Whare
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Foran
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams

Jorge Taufua very unlucky to miss out.

Drop Lussick for Taufua

So we doing a Tim Sheens with backs on the bench? No thanks.

Bench

14) Buhrer
15) Lussick
16) Galuvao
17) Mauro/Harrison/Rose/Or which forward is playing well

Hard to find a player who had a poor game to be honest

My Full Strength

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Foran
15. Vic Mauro
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams

I even have a sub plan: LFoz on for Nivea, TRex on for Ferris.
Bring these two on and the whole complection of our team changes LFoz offers something similar to C.Smith (a third halve - watch the Storm play he's a glorified half back), TRex comes on in the last 15 minutes and we destroy teams with him while Ferris blunted them in the first 20 odd minutes.

Vic and Joe go on for Kite and King

Trex deserves to start the game I reckon. But otherwise that's a strong team. Whare hard done by and I think he could be a50/50 call with tafua.

Though I do like the way Tafua plays the game. He plays a similar game to Wolfman so it offers plenty in metres.

If our forwards play the way they did to tonight then we will win plenty more games, that is the best our team has played all season, great control, great completion and great metres.

Our kick chase was relentless. We kicked well on every set and backed it up too

Id go with Tafua over Whare......Tafua reminds me of junior Hoppa but hopefully with less lies and alot less mormon

stoodamire said:
So we doing a Tim Sheens with backs on the bench? No thanks.

Bench

14) Buhrer
15) Lussick
16) Galuvao
17) Mauro/Harrison/Rose/Or which forward is playing well

Agreed. Liam had a good game and is no doubt good cover for when we have injuries, but at full strength it's hard to fit him in. There is only one spot on the bench for a utility player and that is filled by Buhrer who is mainly a backrower, but can fill in at hooker, in the centers and at a pinch at 5/8.

Done good played strong as jack gibson would say. Can't ask for any more from someone drafted into playmaker/kicker. Gives that good reliable feeling like some guys like farrar. Won't let you down.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Crusher_Cleal said:
He's a funny looking fella. Looks a bit beefier than Kieran. Doesn't even look like a half.

looks like an elephant fish

Elephant-Fish-1.jpg

Liam was very solid with exceptional kicking game. Would like to see him retained on the bench.

Would like to use him at dummy half and give Matty Ballin a 20 minute breather. Playing 80 minutes every week is a massive ask IMO.
His kicking game from dummy half would be a massive bonus for the team.

Also good back up if either halves get injured during the game.

Liam played his role to perfection. His kicking game was excellent and his defence was solid. Well done to him.

I still feel Kieron is a better play maker (he is also a great kicker and defensive player), which is quintessential to the modern day 5/8.

Based on that performance he would make a great second rower or future hooker.

Liam should be commended on his performance, and as we are playing titans next week, 2V can have confidence in giving keiron another week to recover.

Does Whare at fullback show that Brett Stewart could be the player released so that all others could fit in? Then, if Glenn follows him, we fall back to Watmough, T Williams, Buhrer and say Harrison or Lussick off the bench in that backrow role?

I love Brett, but if he's asking for $600k per season, at the rate he's injured, maybe the better thing for the club is to go with youth.

Then again, Whare is oft injured, isn't he?

the mauler said:
Liam was very solid with exceptional kicking game. Would like to see him retained on the bench.

Would like to use him at dummy half and give Matty Ballin a 20 minute breather. Playing 80 minutes every week is a massive ask IMO.

IMO a 20 minute bench player is a massive waste of bench space. I can't agree with that tactic, it just doesn't suit the game at the moment.

When we have Bhurer in the team, there is absolutely no need to carry another utility when we have an awesome one there.

Stack the bench with forwards and rotate them

Daniel said:
the mauler said:

IMO a 20 minute bench player is a massive waste of bench space. I can't agree with that tactic, it just doesn't suit the game at the moment.

When we have Bhurer in the team, there is absolutely no need to carry another utility when we have an awesome one there.

Stack the bench with forwards and rotate them

Buhrer can play 80 mins week in, week out imo.
T-Rex can be the utility type (but 99% prop) on the bench to add impact.
That way, Foran can be a handy utility player.

Watmough 80 mins
Buhrer 80 mins
G Stewart 80 mins

We then can mix it up on the bench really...

Kite / King should get less minutes and have more impact, with Lussick, Williams and one other on the bench.

L Foran brings that Heath Le'Strange X-factor that I think we miss from the 2008 squad.

Thats very 2008 Ryan, and believe it or not the game has changed since then. It's faster still and the attacking pattern has changed.

We need our forwards to have impact for 80 minutes, we just can't afford flat spots in the current game and you get flat spots when your forwards are tired.

You need to get a bench full of them and rotate them every 20 minutes max, keep them fresh and keep them bending the defensive line

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2