Foran, Kelly, the Penns and the Crime of the century.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tinfoil.jpg

May well be true but you have to ask yourself , why!!

Why would they want to do this, what's the end game?

My take on things;

1. I don't believe the club tried to lure Arthur. This is a media beat-up, because it's an interesting story. When the media got wind of Foran leaving Manly to be coached under Arthur, the media jumped all over the possibility of Manly sacking Tooves to keep Foz happy. Toovey is no dummy, and he would walk the second he got wind of such a scheme taking place. He is in direct contact with the administration and players, and if the media can find out about it, so can Toovey....therefore I don't believe it happend (or as I mentioned; Toovey would walk).

2. As much as it pains me to say it, i've watched enough football to know that Arthur is a good coach. Parramatta was a rabble a year ago, and had won back to back wooden spoons. He almost snuck them into the finals last year and managed to get Hayne playing to his potential for the first time since that golden run in 2009. He has got Chris Sandow (of all players) looking fit, fast, and motivated. He has been endorsed by one of the great halves in the game (Foran), and his forwards come out each week and want blood. They have good structures and play an attractive brand of football. I despise the bloke, but he can obviously coach.

May well be true but you have to ask yourself , why!!

Why would they want to do this, what's the end game?
Why does there have to be an end game @Mark from Brisbane. There's an old saying "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one". What if it was just a case of the tits and parra threw overs and we weren't prepared to jeopardize the future of the club on two players.

The coach stuff with Tooves. If they are looking elsewhere, at any other club if a coach had presided over the two marquee players leaving the same conversations would be had but I'm pretty sure that's a media beat up too. Joe kelly on triple m on Sunday seemed pretty genuine in his support. Then the b Arthur stuff screams of a media invention. It is conveniently Orr the same manager as DCE. And conveniently it is also when they are talking contract upgrade and extension for arthur

It's not like Orr to manipulate the media..........

There are so many threads full of the same bull**** it is not funny.
Let's all move on-it's a dead duck now. We just need to wait until our administrators deem us important enough to share a scrap of information on player signings.
I would have a crack at DCE to break his deal, but he won't so it is futility.

Let's all move on-it's a dead duck now. We just need to wait until our administrators deem us important enough to share a scrap of information on player signings.
Lol you just bagged the bull**** and then added a little shot about providing info :giggle:. Again do you expect to know every player they are chasing? Wouldn't that be counter productive. then every other club knows who you're chasing. When they sign someone im sure we'll be the first to know. Until then they've said they're in the market and they've got the cash. I think that's the extent of the story. I'd rather they kept it from us. Not like arko ever told us who they were chasing.

Because of the media circus everyone seems to think it's their right to know everything that is happening. I'd rather they didn't tell me. If I'm in the dark so is our competition, in theory.

On field results will decide Tooveys future. Can't sack the coach if the teams winning games.........?

Lol you just bagged the bull**** and then added a little shot about providing info :giggle:. Again do you expect to know every player they are chasing? Wouldn't that be counter productive. then every other club knows who you're chasing. When they sign someone im sure we'll be the first to know. Until then they've said they're in the market and they've got the cash. I think that's the extent of the story. I'd rather they kept it from us. Not like arko ever told us who they were chasing.

Because of the media circus everyone seems to think it's their right to know everything that is happening. I'd rather they didn't tell me. If I'm in the dark so is our competition, in theory.

This x 1000!

No proof Arthur was ever approached by Manly.

I do not want to be like the raiders where every big name signing turns us down because it's all being played out in the media.

The next time I want to hear from or about Joe Kelly is when he is formally announcing our next signing.

Toovey is the master of his own destiny . All he has do is keep being the winner that he is and he will keep shutting up all the negative nerds

Agreed. This forum is starting to get embarrassing. I also hope an attempt is made to have DCE change his mind.

Agreed. This forum is starting to get embarrassing. I also hope an attempt is made to have DCE change his mind.
We dont want to beg players to change their mind and stay with a club that they have no loyalty and passion . We have to change our attitude and be confident in the Manly winning culture . Some of you blokes have short memories . Many great players like Fulton , Cliffy Lyons , Menzies have left but our club did not fall apart just like some of you pessimistic supporters . The club has proven to always rise with great new talent .

We dont want to beg players to change their mind and stay with a club that they have no loyalty and passion . We have to change our attitude and be confident in the Manly winning culture . Some of you blokes have short memories . Many great players like Fulton , Cliffy Lyons , Menzies have left but our club did not fall apart just like some of you pessimistic supporters . The club has proven to always rise with great new talent .
Who is talking about begging? The offer we had for DCE was withdrawn, apparently with the caveat that discussion would take place further down the track. I recall Tooves saying that they wanted to concentrate on the opening game of the season and not on contract negotiations. They were clear at the time that they had not finished negotiations.

We are within our rights to continue negotiating with him.No need for begging. Who knows what machinations may be in place behind the scenes? Although I will admit it would be difficult for our club to negotiate 'privately'.

Who is talking about begging? The offer we had for DCE was withdrawn, apparently with the caveat that discussion would take place further down the track. I recall Tooves saying that they wanted to concentrate on the opening game of the season and not on contract negotiations. They were clear at the time that they had not finished negotiations.

We are within our rights to continue negotiating with him.No need for begging. Who knows what machinations may be in place behind the scenes? Although I will admit it would be difficult for our club to negotiate 'privately'.
Only problem with that is we'd be negotiating AGAINST the game's governing body, without whom DCE has no contract at the Titans. Sucks!

Stop begging Frank . The offer was withdrawn because he was fcking around and galavanting around to other clubs just before the season was about to start . Its over Frank he is gone but i will fill you in on some good news and that is the Manly winning culture over comes every adversary and has proven to always triumph . DCE is only another feather that will be replaced in the great Manly Sea eagle wings . Have a Sensational Sea eagle day Frank !!! :)

Stop begging Frank . The offer was withdrawn because he was fcking around and galavanting around to other clubs just before the season was about to start . Its over Frank he is gone but i will fill you in on some good news and that is the Manly winning culture over comes every adversary and has proven to always triumph . DCE is only another feather that will be replaced in the great Manly Sea eagle wings . Have a Sensational Sea eagle day Frank !!! :)
Yeah for the coin, nah. You win with reasonably priced halves - they are only 2 of 13. Let Parra pay overs for halves. Let the Tits do it. We have big holes in the pack to plug.

Matautia Bros just reverted their decidion to go to the Dogs, so till Rd 13 no Fan knows who will reneg their contracts for 2016.

NRL have really messed up the Sponsorship/Membership drive for Clubs:mad:

Chez was pushed out and landed in a Pot of Gold, so no reason to back out.
Although if he did, then whatever the NRL guranteed him in TPA would stand, as TPAs are independent of a Player's Club :p

sure they are.... Just as I am sure all those broncos players keep all of their TPA's when they leave

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6