Foran, DCE and Snakes combo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I just watched the replay of the Cowboys game and i have to say these boys are building combinations VERY quickly especially Foran's and DCE's kicking game in behind the line to Snake. They placed these kicks almost perfectly about 6 times during the match and Snake was unlucky to not score 4 tries! When you re watch the game it is clear that we did actually carve them up and we were unlucky not to beat them by another 12 points.

If these three are healthy at finals time with no more disruptions to Snake i will be more then confident of beating whoever we have to play and i have not felt this way since the 08 finals.

I was never confident in 2008,i thought we'd make it to the big one and prayed we wouldnt face the storm,on the day of the event after 2 draws my heart sank,my sense of humour did not,i "predicted" 46-6 to manly
purely as a joke,atleast i got the margin correct

This year instead of plodders like Bryant and Hall being ball dropping morons we have Choc and T Rex,instead of the very on or off Orford we have DCE,instead of the worlds best centre playing 5/8 we have Foran

Our losses have been Cuthbo,Hall,LeStrange,JWH,Bani,Williamson,Beaver, Ox,no others pop to mind at this stage

Our FG gains have surpassed this without hiring from outside the club bar Robinson,Harrison and Joe plus a few juniors here and there

If this trend continues im going out on a limb

The 70s will be a tiny shadow of the success of the 2010s by comparison provided we keep Foran and DCE,thankfully we have Snake but with these 2 blokes running the shop anyone could be the next Slater (see overrated peice of garbage with speed who happens to look very good thanks to the brilliance of his halfback and hooker),with any luck Hopoate will fill this role after the retirement of the great prince of brookvale

Im not going to guess at back to back,but im assuming atleast 6 with this glut of these ridiculous talents that Crusher always seems to find

If there is a back to back,it will be 2011/2012/2013

Its a ****ing good time to be a manly fan

DCE's work with Snake is particularly impressive, I wouldnt have thought that he would've picked up such a combination with the great man so quickly. Those little grinned & chip kicks behind the line are reminiscent of Ox & Snake's combo.

The great halves pairing have crashed and burned in the past mainly because of money. Unsure of how long 4an and DCE are contracted but I look at the 2005 Wests-Tigers pair of Scotty Princess & Benji Marshall.

They were a tremendous pair until The Princess took a motza and went to the Titans. Neither of this pair have ever been so dominant as they were in '05.

I love watching Keiran & Daly feeding off each other's talents and I really hope they can remain as the deadly duo at the Sea Eagles for many years to come.

It didn't take others (Bulldogs) long, to poach one of our up-and-coming half-backs as soon as he showed promise with bucket loads of cash.

Lismore, I agree money has broken up many great pairings in the past, but these guys are young and have a long way to go in league and we can hope that the fact that they have already played multiple seasons beside each other in the lower grades might lead them to stay together.

And they love playing for each other. If you really want to win Grand Finals you have to make sacrafices like taking less money then you can get elsewhere(storm excluded) to have more quality players around you, being young I hope that these guys realise this and invest in their careers by staying under Des.
Go Manly.

If the boys keep working on their public image and articulating themselves better than others, they will have all the extra cash they desire (and deserve) from the media and advertising.
I'm also hoping that this backbone of the team can stick together and their skills of life and communication will feed them a long term pay packet.

Glen Hall was not a "ball dropping" moron.Choc is a legend and our best pig by far but he drops three balls to Hall's one..What games did you watch!If the Rex played with his energy he would be in origin and I kid you not.Hall was great all year in 08 and was the girls best forward on Saturday night.Bryant did a great job as the 3rd prop and frankly Porky needs more consistency before i rate him over Bryant as yet.People wanted him dropped to Z grade 3 weeks ago_Ox won the Dally m in 08 so off again/on again doesnt cut it iether.Consistency is the main ingredient of a Dally M win.I have been the biggest proponent of our side this year since round 1 but history doesnt need to be rewritten to make the point.The 08 side had the beaver as well-his mere presence on and off the field in 08 is hard to replicate believe me.

gee, DCE is stepping up, Riccardi (nsw cup) half must be worried!! He is a kid with lots of talent as well!! but now can't see him getting half!! talent everywhere

captainskin said:
If the boys keep working on their public image and articulating themselves better than others, they will have all the extra cash they desire (and deserve) from the media and advertising.
I'm also hoping that this backbone of the team can stick together and their skills of life and communication will feed them a long term pay packet.

Great point CS and I have been impressed by how well Foran Hoppa and DCE have spoken in the media interviews - very level headed and respectful.

Susan you're dead right with what you've written above, and about Glenn Hall in 2008 - he was solid and dependable as was good ole boxhead Bryant

I was watching the at my local Leagues Club on Sat nite and when we scored the 3rd try after halftime I made a comment to a St Choke supporter that he is now watching the 2011 premiers. His response was "don't Think so" My response was " I'll put a $100 on it right now" ( I had a few beers under the belt at this stage). So nmow I have $100 riding on Manly to win in 2011.

Lets go boys.

I'm worried about how much punishment foran can handle with this take it to the line style. Some of hits he has sustained lately have got to take a toll. I know he is still learning and not really a natural ball player, so i hope he gets smarter and gets some self preservation in his game. He won't last long at this rate, might get us a premiership this year but he'll be busted up in the process. If we are looking at him and dce long term then he needs to think of refining his game.

From the 2008 GF we have lost Bell, Bryant, Hall, Perry, Orford, Beaver & Le Strange. That's 7 from 17 gone. I have no doubt we have the lost backs now covered, but I will say this:

Beaver > Buhrer
Hall > Joe
Bryant = T-Rex
Perry = George

We are not as strong in the forwards as we were in 2008, but we are close.

Chip and Chase said:
I'm worried about how much punishment foran can handle with this take it to the line style. Some of hits he has sustained lately have got to take a toll. I know he is still learning and not really a natural ball player, so i hope he gets smarter and gets some self preservation in his game. He won't last long at this rate, might get us a premiership this year but he'll be busted up in the process. If we are looking at him and dce long term then he needs to think of refining his game.

I was thinking the same. Yet, I was talking with Daniel Anderson (who also rates the team highly) about the hits that Foran takes and he said, it probably looks worse than it really is for him. He said most of the time Foran's body is loose and limp (and not tense) and so the hit is nowhere near as damaging to the body.

Buhrer will be better than Beaver
Joe ****s all over Hall,did the other night to,has hands which can catch
Bryant had argueably the worst hands of any NRL player,Tony is better in this department and in this form ****s over him
Perry was rock solid back then,i think Georgie is coming along nicely though

The Eagle said:
Buhrer will be better than Beaver
Joe ****s all over Hall,did the other night to,has hands which can catch
Bryant had argueably the worst hands of any NRL player,Tony is better in this department and in this form ****s over him
Perry was rock solid back then,i think Georgie is coming along nicely though

The Buhrer comment is a big call mate.

Some more Shanenigans there Eagle. Buhrer better than Beaver ? Put the bong down. I'd also have Hall back in a flash

Buhrer will have his young age,new medical training techniques etc on his side that Beaver simply didnt have access to

I don't care what scientific techniques Buhrer has at his disposal, the only one that will see him get anywhere near the ability of Beaver is if he has been cloned from his DNA. Buhrer won't be another Beaver, he doesn't have the athleticism Menzies had.

Chip and Chase said:
I don't care what scientific techniques Buhrer has at his disposal, the only one that will see him get anywhere near the ability of Beaver is if he has been cloned from his DNA. Buhrer won't be another Beaver, he doesn't have the athleticism Menzies had.

As you say C&C, Beaver was a freakish athlete & I doubt that anyone will come close to his achievements for a very long time.

Buhrer is a hard working forward that makes up for his athletic shortcomings by being smarter than his opposition. I doubt that he'll ever become a league leading forward that dominates in the way that Choc has (especially in 2009) but he should be a solid contributor for a long time for the club. He can cover lock, center, hooker & presumably five-eighth if need be. If any player comes to mind when I think of Buhrer it would be Shane Rodney. I only hope that Buhrer isn't perma-crocked like Rodney.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4