Foran brothers ready to realise a boyhood dream at Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
KIERAN Foran thinks he and his brother, Liam, may have discussed it for the first when they were eight or nine. "That's all we ever wanted to do, play in the NRL, but we had this other thing to play together," Kieran said.

Read the full article

What a fantastic article. Made me very happy to read that and I think it was a big reason why Kieran has stayed. He can see a big chance for Liam here and he wasn't going to walk away from it even though him leaving may have meant a better chance for Liam to cement a premanent spot. Money isn't everything to Kieran that is obvious and I am so proud he has stayed at this great club. What a Manly legend he is going to be and I really hope Liam can retain a spot in there too.

I think Liam was a far more of an influence on Keiran than we all suspected. That influence enticed him to stay. I hope Liam is rewarded when the negotiates his next contract.

If Ballin goes then Liam might find a spot, if not I can't see where we use him at full strength.

Great, feel good, positive story.

Now all we need is for the club (Larissa are you reading) to print tshirts for a certain upcoming game (Round 20) along the lines of:

[size=medium]Manly : The Family Club[/size]

eagles2win said:
Can anyone say how many brothers have played for Manly?
Phil and micheal Blake
Kevin and tony iro
Scott and Brett Fulton
Glenn and Brett Stewart
Kieran and Liam Foran

Who else?

Manly has the best club culture . The morale at our club is at an all time high. All the players want to play and win for each other . There seems to be a strong bond between players and the coaching staff. They are all like brothers.

Others I can think of

David, Darrell and Tony Williams
Jamie and Cliff Lyon
Bruce, Ben and Andrew Walker
Ian and Steve Martin
Alan and Ian Thomson
Michael and Tim Robbo
Jason and Andrew King

No, but here goes:

Nick and Fred Yakich (both wingers, Nick toured NZ with the Australian team in 1965).
Greg and Stuart Davis (both wingers again, I don't think Greg ever made it to 1st grade, but they played on the reserve grade wings together, circa 1980).
Michael and Phil Blake.
Glenn and Brett Stewart.
Liam and Kieran Foran.
Greg and Peter Cross (Greg was Krilich's understudy around the late 70s. Peter, a prop from memory, played with Norths in 1st grade, but I'm sure he started out in the Manly lower grades).
Wayne and Tony Springall (Tony a hooker from memory, went to Norths too).
John Harvey also had a brother in the lower grades but his name escapes me.
Chad Randall had a brother who didn't progress past the junior rep sides.
George and Trent Rose.

No doubt there were others.

Chip and Chase said:
Others I can think of

David, Darrell and Tony Williams
Jamie and Cliff Lyon
Bruce, Ben and Andrew Walker
Ian and Steve Martin
Alan and Ian Thomson
Michael and Tim Robbo
Jason and Andrew King
You gibberer lol

Phantar said:
No, but here goes:

Nick and Fred Yakich (both wingers, Nick toured NZ with the Australian team in 1965).
Greg and Stuart Davis (both wingers again, I don't think Greg ever made it to 1st grade, but they played on the reserve grade wings together, circa 1980).
Michael and Phil Blake.
Glenn and Brett Stewart.
Liam and Kieran Foran.
Greg and Peter Cross (Greg was Krilich's understudy around the late 70s. Peter, a prop from memory, played with Norths in 1st grade, but I'm sure he started out in the Manly lower grades).
Wayne and Tony Springall (Tony a hooker from memory, went to Norths too).
John Harvey also had a brother in the lower grades but his name escapes me.
Chad Randall had a brother who didn't progress past the junior rep sides.
George and Trent Rose.

No doubt there were others.

Rick Chisholm and Wayne Chisholm, Wayne only played lower grades from memory.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6