FORAN AT 9 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
Foran admitted at the end of last year his body was busted up.  Not sure if he able to take the extra defensive workload at hooker at this stage.

Maybe another year or two as his body matures.
Have to agree with tookey.

The off season is an amazing thing.

An embarrasing squad has become an embarrasment of riches.

There has to be a way to fit them all in.
I wouldn't look at Fozz as a hooker because we have Ballin & Higgins in that position as a current & future rep player(s).

We're going to have to lose good players somewhere.
Oldfield or current wingers?
Hoppa or who? Where is Hoppa best suited?
Higgins or Seu Seu? I think most people would agree on that one. No disrespect to Terry Terry, he'll pick up another club.
Riccardi or reshuffle? Fozz to centre? Our centres are the best in the game.
Brett to 5/8? Opens up a spot for Hoppa, creates havoc in the other "spine" positions.
Who's the best lock in the club? Glenn, Jamie B or Foran?

Anyone who thinks we don't have depth is wlcome to answer any of my questions.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=187042.msg326253#msg326253 date=1300778287]
Foran admitted at the end of last year his body was busted up.  Not sure if he able to take the extra defensive workload at hooker at this stage.

Maybe another year or two as his body matures.
Have to agree with tookey.
[/quote]

And I'll have to agree with you too Pontian.

He pulled off massive hits on Sunday but to do it every week all game is a different ask. He will grow a lot stronger (and I know he already holds club strength records) and by that I mean his overall build in two years time. I'm not sure he wants to move but he would make either a good 9 or lock eventually imo.

Duff link said:
The off season is an amazing thing.

An embarrasing squad has become an embarrasment of riches.

There has to be a way to fit them all in.
I wouldn't look at Fozz as a hooker because we have Ballin & Higgins in that position as a current & future rep player(s).

We're going to have to lose good players somewhere.
Oldfield or current wingers?
Hoppa or who? Where is Hoppa best suited?
Higgins or Seu Seu? I think most people would agree on that one. No disrespect to Terry Terry, he'll pick up another club.
Riccardi or reshuffle? Fozz to centre? Our centres are the best in the game.
Brett to 5/8? Opens up a spot for Hoppa, creates havoc in the other \"spine\" positions.
Who's the best lock in the club? Glenn, Jamie B or Foran?

Anyone who thinks we don't have depth is wlcome to answer any of my questions.

I'll be gutted if we lose Hoppa.  I think we should have sacrificed Matai to leave a spot open for him as I think he is a potential representative centre.  I think he's our version of Inglis or Folau ... hopefully a little bit more loyal and not as fond of the pies!

while talking about positional changes I've watched brett the last two weeks and cant help but think he could play at 6.
Hes like a second 5/8 in attack

Cambo link said:
while talking about positional changes I've watched brett the last two weeks and cant help but think he could play at 6.

That's why he should stay at no1 because he can be used as a 2nd 5/8th. If you look at the better teams in the comp that's exactly the way they use their fullbacks in attack.

Scarcity of talent to embarrassment of riches in one short week.  No options to a mouthwatering excess.  Wonder what next week will bring?

Rex link said:
Scarcity of talent to embarrassment of riches in one short week.  No options to a mouthwatering excess.  Wonder what next week will bring?

probably deep dark despair again. I wonder if we could tie in beyond blue to the site somehow

After the Cronulla trial I started thinking, wow, we actually do have quite a bit of depth. Last week showed me that the youngsters can step up when it counts, which has given me faith in them. Don't get sucked into the 'no depth' excuse the media was rolling out at the beginning of the year, we have plenty of good options in all positions, if you think about it. Having a NSW Cup side again really helps.

What we don't have is proven depth. The young guys keep playing like that when they're called up and the story changes.

Foran should stay at 5/8. He can also play 1/2 or centre, and has done for NZ in both those positions. To put him in the forwards is a weird idea, we need to preserve him physically not expose him to even more bashings. Maybe in 10 years or so, but not in the near future.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=187042.msg326391#msg326391 date=1300832472]

That's why he should stay at no1 because he can be used as a 2nd 5/8th. If you look at the better teams in the comp that's exactly the way they use their fullbacks in attack.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more swoop, look at how Boyd and Slater are used, very similar to Snake and very effective.

I'd keep Foran at 5/8 but agree Ballin can be a tad predictable. I'd like to see him spend some quality time with Tooves and learn how to read a game and when to go for a scoot. He was a master at picking the right time to run when he was a dummy-half.

This topic comes down to imo our weakest position & trying to give it more punch & i agree.
MB is a workhorse but the modern day game needs a dummy half to ask way more questions & its not MB not trying-does not possess the skill & vision of Farrah, Smith nor the strength & speed of Issac Luke who i regard a top 3 player in the entire NRL. Le stranger gave us a bit of zest & was a claytons copy of the other 3 mentioned but if we could get Luke today - bias or not i think we will go close in 2011 - we would not be stopped imo.
[/quote]

Let's talk about this if he proves he is not a good 5/8. At the moment, he's going great. Daly is starting to find his feet and Ballin is doing a good job. Ballin has been in the queensland emerging origin camp for the last two years and played in 1 game last year. If you think he's not playing well, maybe it's just a form slump? I reckon he's playing ok. My point? It's not really broken so why fix it?

No No No NO No. not bagging the suggestion i just dont think we should.While it is an advantage having a No 9 that can scoot a bit and no doubt Foran can. The art of getting a team moving, and pass selection takes years to master,and many dont ever. while it doesnt stand out as much its much more important thatn a few line breaks per game
No more manufacturing no 9 unless its as a sub only.

Sorry boys, but if someone has to go for the younger players it has to be T Rex.

Hoppa will also be a great player and his defence on the weekend was very solid. Jnr Hopp can player in a number of positions!

Robbo has been a great servant but would only have a couple of years left.

Barry Hyland link said:
Very happy for Foran to remain at 5/8.
I do think that Buhrer would make a good hooker.

Foran would be wasted at 9, in much the same way as bozo would have been wasted at 9. He's a dangerous ball runner, and is a 5/8 or centre. The grunt work of having to be at dummy half every play would really blunt his major weapon which is running on to the ball at 2nd receiver. I see buhrer has a lot to offer as a running forward at present, despite not being the biggest backrower his energy level and ability to hit the line between defenders with his little late step is great. Again for him being stationary at dummy half buries his potential.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4