For those fans in Central West NSW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Manly Sea Eagles land at Dubbo for Western's first taste of football this year
By FAIRFAX MEDIA
Jan. 18, 2016, 3:30 a.m.

r0_0_640_360_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

IN DUBBO: Manly's Darcy Lussick.

RUGBY LEAGUE

WESTERN rugby league fans will get their first taste of footy next weekend when three Manly Sea Eagles players land in Dubbo for a pre-season community visit and junior rep trial.

The Sea Eagles converge on Caltex Park sporting complex next Saturday, January 23, attending a mini-mod clinic, and community barbecue before the Harold Matthews (under-16s) and SG Ball (under-18s) teams take on Western Academies in trial matches in the late afternoon.

The junior clinic, catering for any interested boys and girls aged between five and 12 years of age will run from 10am-11.45am and is free to attend.

Following the clinic fans will have an opportunity to mix with the players at a community barbecue hosted by Dubbo Junior Rugby League, taking place from 12pm-1.30pm at the JRL clubhouse.

Sea Eagles players Darcy Lussick, Josh Starling and Matt Parcell will attend the clinic, and community barbecue

In the late afternoon football will take centre stage on Caltex Park, from 4.00pm (16s) and 5.30pm (18s), emerging Sea Eagles stars take on the extended Western Academies squads.

After commencing training program in November, the Western squad, made up of Far West and Western Academy participants, will relish an opportunity to test themselves against quality opposition.

Among the Manly SG Ball squad will be a familiar face in Coonamble’s Brydon Ramien, a powerful front rower who will be keen to square off against some of his old team mates.

Lussick’s return will continue his love affair with Dubbo, after the big prop made his representative debut here back in 2014 when he was called into the City side that played out a thrilling draw with Country at Caltex Park.

Originally a Manly junior, Lussick spent some time at Parramatta before re-linking with the Sea Eagles at the end of the 2015 season as part of a recruitment drive that has many tipping the maroon-and-whites to once again be premiership contenders.

Who are the stand outs in sg ball this year kris? polselli and hopoate any others
Yea from what I have seen so far there team looks good has a good mix they have Fred and Jayden in front row both of those boys are good and tough front rowers second row there is johnny and Brydon both are diferant sorts of players johnny a worker and loves contact can play FR Brydon good mix of size and skill and power often plays 5/8 And lock is ex aus front row George good skill and smart with ball
Backs have good mix of size and skill hoppa looks great fast and good footwork poselli looks good as well runs great lines
Halves are both good players but not organising haves more play what's infront of them
From what I seen a few will push to 20s Fred Jayden Brydon poseli hoppa

Yea from what I have seen so far there team looks good has a good mix they have Fred and Jayden in front row both of those boys are good and tough front rowers second row there is johnny and Brydon both are diferant sorts of players johnny a worker and loves contact can play FR Brydon good mix of size and skill and power often plays 5/8 And lock is ex aus front row George good skill and smart with ball
Backs have good mix of size and skill hoppa looks great fast and good footwork poselli looks good as well runs great lines
Halves are both good players but not organising haves more play what's infront of them
From what I seen a few will push to 20s Fred Jayden Brydon poseli hoppa
Who's johnny and Bryson are they local boys. What about verrills?

Don't know Jonny last name but he is new from parra area I think and Brydon ramien is Jesse younger brother And vereils is a great player but has been injured and is not ready for 20s yet

So took my eldest to this coaching clinic on Saturday. I got the impression it was organised by NRL development officers rather than the Sea Eagles as they ran the clinic. Didn't see Starling anywhere, but Lussick and Parcell were there and watched the kids while they did the clinic. The SG Ball and Harold Matthews kids were out on the field at the same time and quite a few joined in and helped the kids out and generally cheered them on through the various skill sessions, which they got a real kick out of. After the clinic Lussick and Parcell chatted with fans and posed for photos etc. One of the development officers was actually Ronny Gibbs, who was fantastic with the kids.

All in all it was a great morning. My young bloke got a kick out of it and all the kids seemed to enjoy it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4