For the money and the challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
So David Perry now goes on record saying Des left for the money and would be extremely surprised if the Bulldogs didn't outmatch our offer.

He then goes on to say even if we did have the biggest offer Des had indicated he was looking for a new challenge.

What to make of this?

As Fulton said on saturday Des should have been signed up 18 months ago which would have been well before the dogs started making offers to him.

The flip side to that is earlier in the year Des wasn't a two time Premiership coach and didn't have counter offers.

Well, it is hardly the club's fault if they were scratching around for money. Des has been at the club long enough to know that we aren't flush with cash. So it makes things a lot clearer...Des ditched us for the cash.

I said it all along Manly only offered more after Des had already agreed to terms. Because that offer was bigger Des can say Manly offered more but in actual fact we offered more too late. He is probably spewing that he signed thier offer first because I think he reckoned we couldnt afford more and Greenburg would have said im not waiting any longer so he signed, but in the end we came up with more cash. The crap thing for Des is that he couldnt bump his price up using our offer because he had already agreed terms. He signed on the Friday with Dogs our offer came on Monday. Greenburg would have known we could have found more cash after winning the premiership so he twisted the screws with Des on the Friday befrore. It just gives Des the moral high ground to say he went for less money but in actual fact he made an error and cost himself about $250,000 Does anyone really believe that Des is looking for a challenge? come on!.

the mauler said:
They should've of just signed DES and worry bout finding the money later ffs!

That sounds responsible...sounds like the attitude that started the financial crisis in 2008

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4