For Fraser Coast League lovers - LEGENDS OF LEAGUE Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
LEGENDS OF LEAGUE
This league match promises to excite

Carlie Walker
Fraser Coast Chronicle
Friday, October 28, 2016

Some of the biggest names in rugby league from the past few decades will compete in Hervey Bay next month against a Fraser Coast representative side.

The Australia squad will include big names like Robbie O'Davis, Petero Civoniceva, Noel Goldthorpe, David Peachey and Cliff Lyons.

Meanwhile, the Fraser coast side, which will be comprised of players who have competed for the Maryborough Wallaroos and Hervey Bay Seagulls, will include talent Such as Michell Meyers, Guy Meredith, Adam Roderick, Dean Pay, Peter Waters and Marc Williams.

Queensland Origin legend Colin Scott, who is the former coach of the Maryborough Wallaroos, will play for team Australia and said he was very much looking forward to the match.

"It's a fun night," he said.

He said usually a child was selected from the crowd to score a try for one of the sides, so it will be great entertainment for families.

The event will be held at Stafford Park on November 26. Gates will open at noon with the main game on at 7pm.

Tickets will cost $10 for adults, $20 for families and $5 for kids.

AUSTRALIA
  • Robbie O'Davis
  • Nathan Blacklock
  • David Peachey
  • Stu Kelly
  • John Hopoate
  • Cliff Lyons
  • Noel Goldthorpe
  • Bryan Neibling
  • Craig Teevan
  • Petero Civoniceva
  • Antonio Kaufusi
  • Colin Scott
  • Peter Gill
  • Craig Wilson
  • Kevin Campion

Related Article:

Stage set for clash of rugby league legends

Annie Perets
29th Oct 2016 8:40 AM

RUGBY league fans on the Fraser Coast will have an opportunity to meet some of the game's famous legends without going far.

That's because they are coming here, for one massive event.

Stafford Park in Hervey Bay will host the area's first International Legends of League game on November 26.

Click here to read the rest of the article at frasercoastchronicle.com.au

On this damp night following a wet afternoon up here in Hervey Bay, the Australian Legends 46 defeated the Fraser Coast All Stars 16.

The Australian Legends were also missing Petero Civoniceva, Robbie O'Davis, David Peachey & Antonio Kaufusi from the line up that was reported in my originating post a month ago.

There was a bit of humour too with Hoppa introduced onto the field and playing the entire game with a latex glove on one hand. :D

He also scored two of the Legends' tries.

Although he was a little slower than he was back in the day when he was playing for Manly, Cliffy still hasn't lost much of the old talent.

Here are a couple of after game photos :)

2016-11-26%2021.04.08_2.jpg

2016-11-26%2021.07.20_1.jpg

On this damp night following a wet afternoon up here in Hervey Bay, the Australian Legends 46 defeated the Fraser Coast All Stars 16.

The Australian Legends were also missing Petero Civoniceva, Robbie O'Davis, David Peachey & Antonio Kaufusi from the line up that was reported in my originating post a month ago.

There was a bit of humour too with Hoppa introduced onto the field and playing the entire game with a latex glove on one hand. :D

He also scored two of the Legends' tries.

Although he was a little slower than he was back in the day when he was playing for Manly, Cliffy still hasn't lost much of the old talent.

Here are a couple of after game photos :)

2016-11-26%2021.04.08_2.jpg

2016-11-26%2021.07.20_1.jpg

Mate, the good looking guy in the pics kinda looks like your avatar!!!!

coincidence?!?!?!?!?!

dah dah daaaaah

Jesus, Hoppa looks like he could still play - and @Jethro not gonna lie, that shirt your wearing is pretty cool as well. Dye Cliffy's hair, and he could have probably had a run for us last season, and would have trumped Walker at 5/8.

Mate, the good looking guy in the pics kinda looks like your avatar!!!!

coincidence?!?!?!?!?!

dah dah daaaaah
The one in the pics currently has three days left of Movember and also shows just how much your appearance can change over nine years. Hmmm, maybe it might be time to update my avatar
icon_rolleyes.gif

On a side note, if anyone wants to jump in and make a tax deductible donation to Movember (which is a way of bringing attention to men's health and in particular, cancer and mental well-being), you can make your donation to this worthwhile cause here:

https://au.movember.com/mospace/1073560

Last edited:
Is that a cricket set in your hand?
Nope. It's just my ratty old religious Bunnings umbrella and my new $10 fold out camping chair that I bought from Coles last weekend.

Nope. It's just my ratty old religious Bunnings umbrella and my new $10 fold out camping chair that I bought from Coles last weekend.

Time for some hair dye buddy!!!

Lol

PS: my profile shot was taken 12 months ago , no changes, BUT I am wearing a cap!

Jesus, Hoppa looks like he could still play - and @Jethro not gonna lie, that shirt your wearing is pretty cool as well. Dye Cliffy's hair, and he could have probably had a run for us last season, and would have trumped Walker at 5/8.
Dont know if hoppa could play but im sure he could punch on still.

If you are that keen on the shirt, you can pick one up at Target for normally $25 but I noticed that it was on sale today for $19.

Related article:

League's legends prove they've still got class

Matthew McInerney
28th Nov 2016 5:48 A

THE only difference between the legends at Stafford Park and those when in their prime up to 30 years ago is the rapidly expanding sight of grey hair.

Cliff Lyons is 55-years-old, but the Manly great still has the skill to tear apart the opposition defence.

Lyons was one of 14 former National Rugby League, Origin and International starts in the Australian side against the Fraser Coast All Stars.

Spoke to Goldy (Goldthorpe) this morning and he said Cliffy has still got it,55 and still smokes,lost a bit of pace but can still hit his mark with his passing game,
next legends game is with the Noosa Pirates in February,at Pirate Park Noosa /Tewantin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7