For and Against

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Scum - 28 -165
Bullfrogs- 26 - 128
Broncos - 24 - 84
Premiers - 24 - 67
lol@ Soufs 24 - 53
Sharks - 24 - 29

Getting pretty crowded around 3rd spot with the Sharks to play tonight (Go Rooters).

Paul K*nt tried so hard to get Tooves to comment on the new McIntyre system.

Toovey, the Sea Eagles coach, wasn't bothered yesterday by the mechanics of it.

"I haven't thought about it too much," he said.

"If you're good enough to win games you'll be there. If you keep losing games you're not going to be there very long."

It kind of makes you wonder why so many fought so hard to change the McIntyre System. (P.Kent DT 9/7/12)

Sure, the fans want to see us finish in the Top 4 but in the end, Tooves is right.
Kent tried four times in the after-match Press Conference to get Tooves to say it had him concerned.

But Tooves is right. You don't win, you don't get there.

The hacks are trying to drum up a story to reflect the AFL experience with the system. There is generally a vast gulf between the top 2-3 AFL clubs and the rest, even during finals time. Upsets are rare throughout the finals as that code's regular scoring tempo means an underdog has to be up for the vast majority of a match to win.

The NRL differs in this context so I don't see why a team from the bottom four can't make a run into the GF and win it.

Hamster Huey said:
The hacks are trying to drum up a story to reflect the AFL experience with the system. There is generally a vast gulf between the top 2-3 AFL clubs and the rest, even during finals time. Upsets are rare throughout the finals as that code's regular scoring tempo means an underdog has to be up for the vast majority of a match to win.

The NRL differs in this context so I don't see why a team from the bottom four can't make a run into the GF and win it.

Ever seen 16th beat a top 3 team? Only in the NRL

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4