For and Against....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Our poor F/A is about to come back to bite us, the Tigers will be in front of us on the ladder after today with the way they are playing. We need to put a few teams away to fix our F/A up.

Yeah I really didn't think the Tigers would catch us on the ladder at all after their abysmal start.

It looks like it'll take at least 13 wins to make the finals this season.

Pittwater Legend said:
Yeah I really didn't think the Tigers would catch us on the ladder at all after their abysmal start.

It looks like it'll take at least 13 wins to make the finals this season.

Yeah the very close comp means F/A is going to be important this year. Look at the amount of teams on 16 points!! Hopefully we belt the Storm in two weeks time and get that F/A looking more respectable.

Forget for and against, mark my words, the losses to Parra, GC & the Riff WILL cost us a top 4 spot, which = Season Over.

We are playing now for the pride of make the top 8 as defending premiers, just as we did in 2009.

This season is an absolute repeat of 2009.

Im all for scoring points and very much against letting the opposition score them, now u know where i stand :p

If we keep winning the for and against will accumulate and the number of wins will get us in the top 2.

Ralphie said:
Forget for and against, mark my words, the losses to Parra, GC & the Riff WILL cost us a top 4 spot, which = Season Over.

We are playing now for the pride of make the top 8 as defending premiers, just as we did in 2009.

This season is an absolute repeat of 2009.

You do realize we are in 3rd atm, yeah i know we will be in about 5th at the end of the round but with Foz back we have a good chance of getting into the top 4.

Top End Eagle said:
I'm guessing you're a 'glass half empty' kind of guy Ralphie.

I'm a realist, and the signs are there. I will of course be screaming my heart out week in week out regardless.

I was confident in 2008, and in 2009 the signs were there early and the yo yo form was there for all to see and couldn't be broken. I was again confident in 2010, but late injuries & suspensions cruelled us. Had we had our full strength team in the 2010 finals we would have won easily. Wasn't confident last year, but once the Kiwis beat the scum, I knew we were certainties.

This year looks, feels and is just like 2009.

If you want me to be blindly optimistic every year, then you'll be disappointed. I try and analyse our strengths and weaknesses and make an assessment without my maroon & white glasses on. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Not sure that an honest assessment can be made of us until we stop playing with min. 4 players out every goddamn week. Give us a few weeks with a full squad and then a better assessment can be made. Haven't written us off completely yet but our attitude must improve significantly as well as our defense and error rates. Giving away too many silly penalties at crucial times.

I think we have a better squad than 09. And I thought we could win the comp last year after we touched the Broncos up mid season. I think once we have a full compliment on deck we will string some together. Foran has been sorely missed and once we have a left edge firing not just a right the points will come.

You don't rack up for and against differential by blowing a couple of teams away any more. It only happens once in a blue moon. After origin we will start to build and those ten and twelve point consistent wins will accumulate.

Which teams in the comp would you say are better than us?

We will own the storm by lifting for them and shutting down their three pronged attack. After that win I think people will sit up and pay attention

The lowly teams usually fair better against premiers if recent history is any guide. Premiers lift for the big contests as we have against DRagons ROosters Warriors and Broncos this year.

At our best there is no team in the comp better then us, we have the Storm well covered, the Dogs were no contest for us, we beat the Broncos without Foran and Trex, we beat the Tigers at the start of the season, The Warriors had their chance in last years GF, im actually most worried about the Wabbits, i think they can win the comp this year.

Rabbits are perennial losers. 40 yrs since their last GF they don't have the halves to take them to the GF.

Ralphie said:
Top End Eagle said:

I'm a realist, and the signs are there. I will of course be screaming my heart out week in week out regardless.

I was confident in 2008, and in 2009 the signs were there early and the yo yo form was there for all to see and couldn't be broken. I was again confident in 2010, but late injuries & suspensions cruelled us. Had we had our full strength team in the 2010 finals we would have won easily. Wasn't confident last year, but once the Kiwis beat the scum, I knew we were certainties.

This year looks, feels and is just like 2009.

If you want me to be blindly optimistic every year, then you'll be disappointed. I try and analyse our strengths and weaknesses and make an assessment without my maroon & white glasses on. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Apart from our star fullback being out for the season and facing sexual assault charges. Yeah, mirror image.

All that matters is that we have all our players on the field at the end of the season. If that happens we will be contenders.

mickqld said:
Not sure that an honest assessment can be made of us until we stop playing with min. 4 players out every goddamn week. Give us a few weeks with a full squad and then a better assessment can be made. Haven't written us off completely yet but our attitude must improve significantly as well as our defense and error rates. Giving away too many silly penalties at crucial times.

The problem is Mick, that just like 2009 I have serious doubts we will get our full strength team on the paddock this year. It certainly won't be happening in the next six weeks and every game I hold my breath for a new injury and or suspension.

Ralphie said:
mickqld said:

The problem is Mick, that just like 2009 I have serious doubts we will get our full strength team on the paddock this year. It certainly won't be happening in the next six weeks and every game I hold my breath for a new injury and or suspension.
If that's being a realist I am happy not to be one.

We also have a different coach to 2009 and a pair of star young halves who play exceptionally well together rather than an aging 7 who crabs across the field and crowds everyone else into touch and tries too hard and can't kick more than thirty metres and a nineteen year old five eighth who has played a handful of top grade games.

Top End Eagle said:
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:

If that's being a realist I am happy not to be one.

We also have a different coach to 2009 and a pair of star young halves who play exceptionally well together rather than an aging 7 who crabs across the field and crowds everyone else into touch and tries too hard and can't kick more than thirty metres and a nineteen year old five eighth who has played a handful of top grade games.

Well I hope you're right and I'm wrong :D but I doubt it :s

Rex said:
Ralphie said:
Top End Eagle said:

I'm a realist...
Yep. That's exactly what every 'glass half empty' kind of guy says.
You're right TEE. Anyone with their glass half empty should transfer their liquid into shot glasses. You'll have about four full glasses and start seeing the potential of our team once we get our top squad back on the field.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4