Footy thread for a change !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Do you boys think we can bounce back this weekend ??,I am not too confident myself..
I think we may be thumped again ,The Warriors are going to be out for our blood.And contrary to what we are reading ,I dont think the team is as mentally tough as Dessie says.Although i would love to be wrong .........Opinions.....

We will win.  We have had the wood on these rangas, and, although they all look big and skillful, they seem to fall apart under pressure.  We are playing at home, under hot sunny conditions, with a fast track.  I would feel a whole lot more confident if Brett were playing, but realistically robbiea, we can't play worse than we did last weekend.  I've watched the W v E game again and the Eels played very badly and nearly ran down the tiring big guys.  I predict that Lyon will have a big one and the Ox will have his head on.  Defense is once again the key and Des will have the guys primed in that department.  Very few penalties is my view.  Eagles by more than 12.    

I think we will win. Not by a big score but am confident the boys will fire up for first game at Brookie for the year. In saying that if Robbo gels in more with the backline this week I can see the score blowing out a bit.

it has been the hardest pick in the tipping comps i have done in awhile... either warriors by 20 or manly by 4. 50/50

I have a feeling we will get done in this one Warriors by 12

A win would certainly lift the spirits. Before all this drama I was reasonably confident of back to back premierships. I still think it can happen, but it's been a rocky start to the season. The warriors aren't wusses, but hopefully the Eagles will be strong at Brookie. To all the locals, get out there and make a lot of noise. And to help our club regain our cleanskin image get out there in Manly shirts and kiss babies and help old ladies across the road (without nicking something from their shopping bags). Go the Mighty Eagles!

im coming all the way down from brissy for this game and they better win. I have only ever seen them loose twice at brooky and one was against the storm  :mad:

I just have this awful feeling Stacey Jones and Manu Vatuvei are going to tear through our backs

Dan, Stacey Jones is way to old to be playing.  A hard one to pick  Zep?  Who do you think will win the Dragons v Titans then?  There's lots of harder games than this one.  We are at home, coming of a loss, fast track, hot day, big warriors, big crowd.  We will win.  Zep, tell me how we'll lose.   

DSM5 link said:
We are at home, coming of a loss   

DSM, I see that you still haven't quite learnt the difference between "of" & "off" however, I did notice that you got one right when you said "There's lots of harder games than this one"

50%  ;D

Dragons v Titans, Broncos v Storm and even Cowboys V Tigers are all tough games

Please fire up boys !!!

All week I have been copping it, work, training, facebook, bloody everywhere. They are a damn cocky bunch over here at the moment, and my only response has been a quiet "You don't win the comp in March". If they get us, my life is going to be unbearable for a week or 2, so this is like a bloody grand final for me

Jethro, you're like that old schoolie, Canteen.  You're just to critical.  Praise me where it's due you prick.  I've been really trying this week with the of/off thing and you didn't mention it once.  One mistake and down the drain I go.  I've certainly used of/off more than twice.  You need to go back through all my posts and get me a correct percentage.  Now off you go and do it. 

Dan link said:
Dragons v Titans, Broncos v Storm and even Cowboys V Tigers are all tough games

Cowboys v Tigers is the only tough game for me to pick. I've picked both the Dragons & Broncos to beat their opposition this week & the Cowboys only because it is a home game for them. It is way too early in the comp to pick a reliable form in my opinion.

DSM5 link said:
Jethro, you're like that old schoolie, Canteen.  You're just to critical.  Praise me where it's due you prick.  I've been really trying this week with the of/off thing and you didn't mention it once.  One mistake and down the drain I go.  I've certainly used of/off more than twice.  You need to go back through all my posts and get me a correct percentage.  Now off you go and do it. 

LOL ! ! !

Settle petal. I haven't bothered checking your spelling on your other posts. It's just that one post that I happened to notice the wrong word but noticed the other one in the same post was correct (hence the 50% mark). At least I didn't smite you for getting the one wrong out of the two in that post ;D

Did you notice that I told you that I gave you an applaud for your comment earlier today about Gallop? It was well said.

Oh yeah, by the way, it's "You're just too critical" and not "You're just to critical" :p

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Please fire up boys !!!

All week I have been copping it, work, training, facebook, bloody everywhere. They are a damn cocky bunch over here at the moment, and my only response has been a quiet \"You don't win the comp in March\". If they get us, my life is going to be unbearable for a week or 2, so this is like a bloody grand final for me

Kiwi Eagle, after the thrashing and sheer outclassing the Warriors were handed out by Manly at the preliminary final at the SFS last Sept they'd want to be distracting themselves with silly songs and idle boasts like these. The Warriors play it tough and honest to the last minute always, but I think Dessie will have Manly very motivated and eager to be back in the winners circle on Sunday - despite the slightly changed roster.

I'm hoping for the same "take no prisoners" single minded determination from Dessie and the boys that we saw at the SFS. Never fear, you'll be the one smiling on Monday!

Hey DSM5 and Jethro, did you two have a falling out over crayons or something way back in kindergarten? Huh.. or are you married to each other and not telling us??? Or wanna be  ;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4