Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Said Matai has been offered 3 year contract by the Warriors and Manly have till next week to come up with a new deal. They said Des asked for the extention til next week.

Comon Des do some wheelin and dealin boy.

New Sponsor - Lowes menswear.  Expect lots of ripped jerseys and dodgy ground announcements next year.

Matabele link said:
New Sponsor - Lowes menswear.  Expect lots of ripped jerseys and dodgy ground announcements next year.
Matabele link said:
Don't tell me his wife has bought a sewing machine.

Damb, the salary cap is hurting us this year. We seem to be letting go of players without signing any. For this reason i would love a GF win this year as it may be a few years before we are premiership contenders again.

It does sound like Matai wants to stay, hopefully we can piece together something pretty close to the Warriors and keep him. May come at the expense of Farrar though

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It does sound like Matai wants to stay, hopefully we can piece together something pretty close to the Warriors and keep him. May come at the expense of Farrar though
You make a real good point KE u wanka :p ;)
Farrar has been great this year but maybe we need to let him go to keep matai

Surely hoppa can fill in for Stewie if needed in 2011
and Whare can jump in for killer or Matai

It might be a case that theres not enough money for ben

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183904.msg272541#msg272541 date=1278650951]
You make a real good point KE u wanka :p ;)
Farrar has been great this year but maybe we need to let him go to keep matai

Surely hoppa can fill in for Stewie if needed in 2011
and Whare can jump in for killer or Matai

It might be a case that theres not enough money for ben
[/quote]

The difference between signing Matai is the cost that comes with him, when Farrar is half the price and we can keep a junior coming through.

Easier way of putting it keeping Matai means releasing Farrar and another junior (say Lussick, Hoppa or Whare).

Simple maths says if you win a comp you have to release more than half that squade over the next 3 years. I said this ages ago that we would lose players over the next 2-3 years.

Well the Storm manage to keep their players but we know why.... 

I'd rather lose Chris Bailey than Ben Farrar

well this week is the new financial year maybe dessie does have something up his sleeve..

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183904.msg272596#msg272596 date=1278663854]
I'd rather lose Chris Bailey than Ben Farrar
Id rather lose chris bailey than lose herpes
[/quote]

Haha, applaud.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9