Footy show tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Peter Fitzsimons was on the footy show, total waste of time having that jerk on there, he had simply nothing sensible to add
and what about Wayne Bevis (pfft 100 min games)
just another scummy player manager if you ask me
Sterlo's comments were spot on about making the game enjoyable to watch again should be high on the agenda

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
Peter Fitzsimons was on the footy show, total waste of time having that jerk on there, he had simply nothing sensible to add
and what about Wayne Bevis (pfft 100 min games)
just another scummy player manager if you ask me
Sterlo's comments were spot on about making the game enjoyable to watch again should be high on the agenda

Wayne Bevis (pfft 100 min games) what a joke lol

12 players per side, no lock in the scrums. 5 reserves. Same field size. Try worth 5, goal stays at 2.

at least these guys are discussing the road ahead for the game.  100 minute games in four quarters is a good idea.  More league, more enjoyment.  What's with the critics of this suggestion?  If it means more money into the game good on it.

That was the best show all year. Vossie was exceptionally good.

I am in favour of 100 min games. It is about time these overpaid bludgers gave us value for money. With Dessie doing the fitness we may well own the comp.

Butthead (Fitzie) talked all over Bevis and that was annoying. The only team Fitzy ever talks up is Souths and that is probably because he loves the disharmony they created.

Sterlo is right - the game is predictable and boring. They seriously need to change the rules to make an attractive expansive game. The Rorters were masters of the wrestle last weekend and if I want that sort of garbage then I'll take up following the WWF (which ain't going to happen).

I think a forum to discuss changes is a good one. Warren Ryan and a few other ex-coaches have some good ideas too. Problem at the moment is that those people in the decision making positions are so close to the game, (coaches etc) that they can not see things from the perspective of what is best for the whole game, rather than just individual clubs.

An example of this is the 40-20 rule that was first suggested by Bozo when not a coach. It means that sides have to take two wingers out of the line on tackles late in the count, giving the attacking side some more options. It also creates some unpredictabity in the game. That is my main beef - too much 5 tackles and kick, waiting for the error!!!

4 x 25 minute quarters = 20 mins extra boredom. Unless there are rule changes you cant expect an extra 20 minutes of football to make it more exciting.

The fact is we need to create more scoring opportunities.

On average in League we might see 6-8 scoring plays all game. In AFL you usually see 25+ goals alone, then you get the points as well. Break it down into what you get per minute for your dollar and AFL is far more attractive to new audiences.

I posted an idea on MSE a while back where if you kicked the ball out, other than by a 40/20 the feed was decided by the video ref pushing a button.

This would stop wingers and fullbacks letting the ball trickle into touch because they know they will get it back from the ensuing scrum and should give teams more attacking options.

Do you think it would work?

Was anyone else surprised that Grant Mayer didn't jump all over Fitzwankers comments (made twice) that Manly were one of the richest clubs but it took them 20 years to win a premiership in 1987!! Somebody there should have commented about the four p/ships in the 70's.
Don't let the facts get in the way of one of your overbearing tirades buddy!

I must be the only one who really loves everything the way it currently is. Every Manly game, I'm hanging onto every bounce, spill, run, but etc etc.
I also watch every single other game that is played....and love them too, as they affect where manly is on the table, who can catch us, who can't.

It's as simple as channel 7 or 10 getting in the TV bidding war, gaining another 64 million into the game (4 million per club). That money goes direct to the teams.....cap is increased to $8 million.

DONE.

clontaago link said:
On average in League we might see 6-8 scoring plays all game. In AFL you usually see 25+ goals alone, then you get the points as well. Break it down into what you get per minute for your dollar and AFL is far more attractive to new audiences.

and the world's most popular game can finish 0-0

Ryan link said:
It's as simple as channel 7 or 10 getting in the TV bidding war, gaining another 64 million into the game (4 million per club). That money goes direct to the teams.....cap is increased to $8 million.

DONE.
I can't see 7 or 10 putting an extra 64 million a year or 320 million over a 5 year deal into the pot

That Fitzf-witt is the biggest knuckle head in the media. He added nothing at all but crap on about 20 years non sense.

Mayer was great and its great to see Manly admin finally regain respect again.

Bevis was excellent, the problem with our game is lack of money and the 4 quarters is a good idea. Sterlo was OK.

Gallop offered nothing except trying to assure the Sydney clubs that they are safe.

byso link said:
That Fitzf-witt is the biggest knuckle head in the media. He added nothing at all but crap on about 20 years non sense.

Never before or again has one man benefited so much from a half hearted bit of knuckle with a Gallic forward.  (France vs Wallabies 1990).

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6