Football Clubs Members match report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Match Report: Round 5 - Dragons 32 def. Sea Eagles 6

After starting the season with three strong wins, the Sea Eagles were brought back to earth on Saturday night, going down 32-6 to the previously winless Dragons. The Dragons got off to a strong start and led 8-0 after 13 minutes, but the Sea Eagles soon hit back with a try to prop Brent Kite after good lead up work by Captain, Michael Monaghan. Unfortunately, the Sea Eagles attack couldn’t find its rhythm and costly mistakes saw Manly go to the half time break behind 10-6.

In the second half, the Dragons made the Sea Eagles pay for more handling errors, scoring 3 second half tries to lead 26-6 with 18 minutes remaining. To cap off a tough night for the Sea Eagles, Michael Witt was sin-binned for the final 10 minutes. One pleasing aspect for the coaching staff was the fact that even though the game was well and truly gone at this point, the 12 man Sea Eagles only conceded one further try against a Dragons side growing in confidence.

After the game, Manly coach Des Hasler said the effort level just wasn't there from his players.
"(I'm) disappointed to lose, but more disappointed with how we lost," Hasler said.
"We just didn't play well. We had a good week training wise, we prepared well for it, but it just didn't go according to plan.�

“We just made far too many errors and turned over far too much ball.�
�It's really important that we bounce back against the Raiders (next Sunday).�
�We were just poor in some areas and we'll fix it. No one likes losing.�

Sea Eagles Team to take on Raiders at Brookvale Oval, Sunday 17 April at 2.30pm

Jason King has been named in an 18 man squad to take on the Raiders.

1. Brett Stewart

2. Scott Donald

3. Steve Matai

4. Paul Stephenson

5. Chris Hicks

6. Michael Witt

7. Michael Monaghan (c)

8. Brent Kite

9. Chad Randall

10. Daniel Heckenberg

11. Steve Menzies

12. Anthony Watmough

13. Steve Menzies

14. Luke Williamson

15. Shane Dunley

16. Sam Harris

17. Kylie Leuluai

18. Jason King

(one to be omitted)

It is only for members in the "Maroon and White" category. Pay the extra cash ($200) or sign up 5 new members and you can get on the list.

I did on the main news forum, I should also point out that I get to go to an exclusive Question & answer session with the coaching staff (I will ask for your questions) and go into a draw for post match dressing room entry for 2 after each home game.

You would have to have a good chance - i cant think there would be that many marron and white members since we only have 1000 - 2000 normal members.

I haven't got a call up for Sunday yet, but I agree I doubt there would be too many

Do they publish who won. Would be interesting. I would like to think that once you win once you are removed from the rest of the year to keep it more even.

I can tell you that as at 22 feb there were only 1148 members

This will be the first home game since this category was offerred, so I am not sure if you see who wins. I will let you know if I see something it maybe in next weeks post match report

Wheel, you might be the sole questioner so make sure they are the ones that count, like "When will Jye be back in first grade?". Just don't mention AE.....I did once, and I think I got away with it.

Seriously though, Matabele's match reports are far more meaty, incisive and interesting than that stock stuff.

Yes I can just see me firing questions to Des, Crusher and Tooves. I agree though it was pretty basic stuff.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2