Football club member at last.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I received my first football club membership card today along with my Leagues club membership renewal.

On the letter you get with your FC card it says.
You are not entitled to attend or vote at any meeting of Manly Leagues or be elected to the board of directors.

Shouldn't it of said you can't vote until your been a FC member for 2-3 yrs ? etc
and as my card is stamped 12/09 does that mean i have to renew my FC membership again in Dec ? i thought the membership would of been for 12 months ? like my leagues one.

Tomorrow ill give a mate a football club membership form for him to join.

I think the FC membership used to run by the calendar year, which quite possibly means renewal in January.

I think it is very strange that you become a member but cannot attend a meeting. It will be very difficult to convince others to become members if that is the case. "Become a member, get involved with your club, but btw you cannot attend any meetings or vote for years". That will work....

Any one know what the rules are?

I found this and it tallies with their 2008 Financial Statement ending 31st October.

"The financial year of the Club and any sub club or other entity created under this Constitution shall commence on the first day of November in each year and end on the last day of October in the following year or such other period as having regard to the Act, the Board may determine"

eagle_predator link said:
I received my first football club membership card today along with my Leagues club membership renewal.

You are not entitled to attend or vote at any meeting of Manly Leagues or be elected to the board of directors.

Shouldn't it of said you can't vote until your been a FC member for 2-3 yrs ? etc

I'm not a member of either but what you have written above appears to me (and I could be completely wrong) that you may be getting confused with differentiating between the two memberships i.e Let's just say for example that you only had Football Club membership then why should you get to attend Leagues Club meetings or have Leagues Club voting rights or be allowed a position on the board of the Leagues Club and as you say that is written on the letter with your Football Club membership card.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180928.msg230451#msg230451 date=1246455312]

I'm not a member of either but what you have written above appears to me (and I could be completely wrong) that you may be getting confused with differentiating between the two memberships i.e Let's just say for example that you only had Football Club membership then why should you get to attend Leagues Club meetings or have Leagues Club voting rights or be allowed a position on the board of the Leagues Club and as you say that is written on the letter with your Football Club membership card.
[/quote]

EP, Jethro has got it right. I have just looked at my letter again and it refers to the Leagues club, the second paragraph states :

Your membership of the football Club also entitles you to membership of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club. This membership allows you access to Manly Leagues and the enclosed card should be shown whenever you enter the club. This card is your official proof of membership of both clubs, is not transferable and should not be used by other persons.

This class of membership of Manly Leagues is governed by the following conditions of use.

• You are not entitled to sign another person into Manly Leagues or participate in member promotions.

• You are not entitled to attend or vote at any meeting of Manly Leagues or be elected to the board of members.

So as I understand it if you are a football club member you are allowed into the leagues club with that membership without having leagues club membership and thus you can’t sign extra people into the club and you cannot vote or be elected on the League’s board of members. Just remember that Football Club, Leagues club and screaming eagles membership or all separate and different.

It can be confusing but hope this explains it. Since you are renewing your leagues club membership basically the letter does not apply to you or anyone that has leagues club membership.

I can assure you as a Football Club member you would be able to attend a Football Club AGM (or EGM if one was called).

My understanding it that as a new member you don't get to vote (I think it's for 2 years) and that is purely to stop "branch stacking" but you coukd certainly attend and have your say (if you so wish).

This would also apply (assuming that he's still going to do this) to Cliffy GC's proposal to call an EGM, ie your signature could NOT make up one of the 40 required as you will not have voting rights. Again all linked to the "branch stacking" situation.

But welcome aboard (as a FC member)...just imagine what they could do with 1000 new members ($250K)......in 10-15 years the FC club could own a 51% share not an 18% share.

Mark
Football Club member 2226

Thanks for all the help guys.

No worries e_p. It does get a bit confusing sometimes with the 3 different clubs. Anyway, glad to be of help.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I can assure you as a Football Club member you would be able to attend a Football Club AGM (or EGM if one was called).

My understanding it that as a new member you don't get to vote (I think it's for 2 years) and that is purely to stop \"branch stacking\" but you coukd certainly attend and have your say (if you so wish).

This would also apply (assuming that he's still going to do this) to Cliffy GC's proposal to call an EGM, ie your signature could NOT make up one of the 40 required as you will not have voting rights. Again all linked to the \"branch stacking\" situation.

But welcome aboard (as a FC member)...just imagine what they could do with 1000 new members ($250K)......in 10-15 years the FC club could own a 51% share not an 18% share.

Mark
Football Club member 2226

Cheers Mark, and i agree that's why i want to do my bit if i can by getting as many people to become FC members, I've got about a dozen forms to hand out and i thank Vidmar for all his help with this as well and as i said one of my mates who is a mad Manly supporter is going to join up so it's a start.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180928.msg230506#msg230506 date=1246499363]

No worries e_p. It does get a bit confusing sometimes with the 3 different clubs. Anyway, glad to be of help.
[/quote]
Agree mate it is confusing with the x3 memberships

[quote author=Jethro link=topic=180928.msg230507#msg230507 date=1246499506]
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180928.msg230506#msg230506 date=1246499363]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Woops, I meant 3 different memberships and not clubs (Maybe I should have said the 2 different clubs & 3 memberships).

Jethro link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180928.msg230511#msg230511 date=1246500198]
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=180928.msg230507#msg230507 date=1246499506]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Woops, I meant 3 different memberships and not clubs (Maybe I should have said the 2 different clubs & 3 memberships).
[/quote]

It's all good mate cheers

Just imagine if each of those 60,000 plus people at last years GF were members???

There are AFL clubs in Melbourne with 50,000 members so it IS possible!!!

Yes Fro it isnt Melbourne and I wasn't suggesting we could get 50,000 members, but even so can't there be 10,000 people out there who love the Sea Eagles enough to "donate" $25.00 a year to bringing them back into the "fold"???

I think there is, I just think that no one knows about it!!!

Bring on VIDMAR

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4