Football Club function Pre-Titans game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Bob Reilly would like to invite all members of the Manly Warrringah Rugby League Football Club to join him along with Manly Old Boys & Warringah Mall Eagles Angels for a member’s only pre-game get together at Manly Leagues Lyons Den Sports Bar on Saturday 5 September from 5pm.

For more details of the Football Club see here
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=family

Drinks will be at happy hour prices and you will need to produce your MWRLFC membership card to gain entry to the function.

Bob looks forward to catching up with all his fellow Football Club members prior to the Titans game.

Football club membership can be purchased at the Leagues Club reception or by calling 02 9939 6722 (Credit card purchases only)

Hope to see you there
Cheers
Vidmar

vidmar link said:
Bob Reilly would like to invite all members of the Manly Warrringah Rugby League Football Club to join him along with Manly Old Boys & Warringah Mall Eagles Angels for a member’s only pre-game get together at Manly Leagues Lyons Den Sports Bar on Saturday 5 September from 5pm.

For more details of the Football Club see here
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=family

Drinks will be at happy hour prices and you will need to produce your MWRLFC membership card to gain entry to the function.

Bob looks forward to catching up with all his fellow Football Club members prior to the Titans game.

Football club membership can be purchased at the Leagues Club reception or by calling 02 9939 6722 (Credit card purchases only)

Hope to see you there
Cheers
Vidmar
sounds great Vid
I'll be there.

I will be there, I assume the sandwiches will be complimentary though?

Fluffy - yes this is a Football Club function (Not Screaming Eagles, although we will be promoting the 2010 Screaming Eagles membership - please be mindful however that they are 2 totally seperate memberships for 2010 as per 2009?)

New FC members who join this week will have their memberships classed as 2010 membership (but will still be able to attend the event)

Anyone who has let their membership lapse and wants to re-join, the membership will be classed as 2009 (this means you will keep your existing member number and that the whole year will count towards the length of membership for voting rights.)

As Saturday is going to be a huge day and the club will be very busy I'd strongly suggest that those wishing to purchase a Football Club membership do so by calling the Leagues Club (Phone: (02) 9939 6722) prior to Saturday or alternatively buy from the club reception early on the day rather than waiting until just before the function starts at 5.00 (when staff may be busy selling match tickets etc?).

As the 2010 cards have not been printed as yet your membership cards will be mailed to you so please keep your receipt and present as proof of purchase when you come to the function (Existing members please remember you will need to show your current members card to gain entry?)

I will hopefully get confirmation of who will be there from the Eagles Angels and also which former players will be attending and will let you know soonest

Should be a lot of fun so hope to see you there
Vidmar

ps Will check on the sandwiches Wheel...LOL

Actually I spoteed Melinda gainsford at the game hoeing into a snag roll, maybe sandwiches are off the menu.

I am trying to arrange baby sitter for next Saturday in order for me to get there.

Matabele link said:
Will it be kid friendly?

Sorry Mata, unfortunately not (I checked to see if I could get my 2 in)

As the upstairs area (where after match functions are normally held) is now closed off the only viable place to hold the function is the Sports Bar (Lyons Den) which is over 18's only as there are pokie machines there etc.

In the Leagues club the downstairs bistro is the only place minors can go currently

Apparently there is another license that can be applied for to allow it to be used for private functions but won't unfortunately be available in time.

Sorry about that mate but I'm in the same boat so my 2 will be with their mum for a couple of hours before they join me for the game.

Re sandwiches...not sure what will be on them CW (if indeed there will be any!)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=181488.msg239147#msg239147 date=1251684224]

I am trying to arrange baby sitter for next Saturday in order for me to get there.
  Tookey's been doing that for you for years hasn't he?
[/quote]

He gets me into trouble, doesnt keep me out of it

For people who would like to download a membership form for the Football Club they can now go here

http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/manly-leagues-club.asp?cid=5

and click on the download button under the heading as below

MANLY WARRINGAH RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB
(download in pdf format - circa 157kb)
Membership Application Form

Note: To confirm this is for Football Club membership NOT Screaming Eagles - If you wish to see information or join/renew the Screaming Eagles membership you will need to go here

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/membership-season-tickets.asp

Cheers
Vid

Any idea of which Old Boys will be there ? Any chance Igor Randall will be making an appearance ?

Chip & Chase link said:
Any idea of which Old Boys will be there ? Any chance Igor Randall will be making an appearance ?
If only he could replace King for a few weeks that would be grand. He was a tough hombre!!!

Chip & Chase link said:

C & C...From following up yesterday I've heard there are quite a few of the legends that have indicated they will be coming on Saturday but didn't hear Igor's name mentioned.

Apparently a few years ago there was a similar function where some people who said they were coming couldn't or didn't in the end so understandably some supporters were a bit miffed as they had attended with certain expectations so to avoid that I'm thinking best I don't spruik names just in case?

That said from what I'm hearing it has the makings of being a good bash what with the Storm/Warriors on in the background, happy hour prices and a good number of ex-players, Eagles Angels and other members indicating they will be there.

I'd also forgotten the TAB is located in that bar so that explains why u18's are not allowed in that part of the club Mata.

There is a fair few "out of towners" coming in for the game (Bathurst, Wagga, Brisbane, Hunter, Mackay etc) for a "Travelling Supportahs" luncheon in Dee Why which has been organised by Mark from Brisbane where quite a few of the WCC group will reunite plus others so with that, the FC function, Hopefully a loss to the Storm and then a fine Manly performance to give us a home semi it has the makings of being a good day...

Vidmar

There's a few out of town supporters from Dubbo coming for this game too, though I don;t think the better half will accept baby sitting duties to allow me to attend. 

Igor spat the dummy after Chad was cut didn't he?

Thanks Vid. I just thought if Igor was going I'd make an extra effort to get there so I could get my jersey signed by the great man. I used to see him at games all the time a few years back, but haven't seen him for a while. Maybe as Mata said he got the poos when Blindside Chad got the spear. Nonetheless I presume there will be some famous faces there to keep the star spotters happy.

By the way this is a great idea by the Footy Club, and well done to you if you've had a hand in it.

I'm double checking re Igor and will let you know.

I've let Des know you are coming down Mata so he's keen to catch up to learn how he can get our season back on track...seriously though if you can pop up for a short while to say G'day to a few people that would be good.

Sort the boss out with a Tia Maria and Lucozade with a little umbrella and a cherry on a stick and a bowl of chips and gravy and I'm sure she won't mind you dissapearing for 10 minutes or so?

As part of some of the comments that have been voiced by some over the last 12 months it is of course important that the Football Club improves transparency and communication and as part of that it was agreed that we need to hold more socials, get togethers, events etc so that people can get to know each other better and have the opportunity to meet with and speak with the elected board members so this is hopefully the first of a few to come in the next 12 months or so.

It's always good to have a chat to guys that have played the game at a senior level and some of the stories are brilliant.

I'm looking forward to it

Cheers
Vid

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7