1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Club accountability:

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
  2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Top post but don't expect an answer

3. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    mata read my reply there is 2 links with alot of information i think u will find useful my friend.

4. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Thank you.  Some of the questions are rhetorical, I knew the answers but many don't.

Basically the football club has dwindling membership and the Screaming Eagles program is siphoning people off.  But what a ridiculous scenario where yo have to stump up hard cash twice, and basically the only thing you get for football club membership is the opportunity to "vote" in a rigged election.

The whole thing is very undemocratic.

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Especially when Football club membership was originally put together as a program of buying 'shares' in the club to eventually buy out Max and get it back for the club. I remember a couple of cheques paraded at Brookie for that purpose.

It seems that the supporters club was separated from the legal members of the football club to keep them out of meddling in the affairs as otherwise, too many people like me with no 'vested interests' could have some sort of say. I laugh at Bob Reilly's letter to members last October, suggesting that being a member of the football club ensures that your voice is heard when important decisions regarding these heritage aspects of the Sea Eagles are made!!!

6. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,598 / 63
    Interesting thread over there ,more interesting will be some of the blind replies..

7. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      It didn't take oldboy for very long to skulk out of his hole and get personal.  He will be treated with the contempt he deserves.

8. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Sadly some people can't put aside their old agendas. This situation has a smell of that sort of thing.

9. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    i cant believe how many dumb ****s there are over there

oh oh the evil Grant mayer and penns are going to move us to CC

**** me dead, im sure no ones surprised that no one from MWDRLFC havent spoken up and said we are the only ones who can make that call.

10. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mata. I just finished reading your thread in MSE a good read and well done mate.

11. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Do you ever disagree with anyone?

12. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Some people are good at stirring up debate and being divisive. Others are like oil, trying to build bridges. We need both types.

13. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      I imagine that is the party line being trotted out amongst the "inner sanctum" to justify the night of long knives.