Fix our poor start and leaking defence and we start to win more games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We only made 500m more than the bunnies and bar the flat start (due to the 3rd game in 10 days) we dominated in the forwards for 65 minutes but apparently they lack strength.

FMD some people really have NFI

We only made 500m more than the bunnies and bar the flat start (due to the 3rd game in 10 days) we dominated in the forwards for 65 minutes but apparently they lack strength.

My post was more directed at the start and particularly defense. I worry about lyon and especially matai our wide, however for some reason as the game goes on them seem a little more safe. They have been getting burnt a lot lately though. Other area is defensively in the ruck and on our own try line, seems to still need a lot of work, but hoping as year goes on we can build . I was just thinking of the best team to shore up the D.

I think walker out wide and maybe matai to bench like konrad Hurrell and can come on as an explosive wide runner but not sure how his neck would hold up or keep symonds or brown as the versatile back?

Lussick is only good for short bursts second half or go with mateo if you want that ball playing x factor.

Lawrence is best suited to bench and can come on and lift the intensity. Misses too many tackles when plaing big stints.

Back row of buhrer kapow and jake is very good defensively. Myles is good defensively in front row. And api can tackle plus we have the best half defender in dce. If we have tom on one wing his pace covers lyon and having walker on matai 's edge would stop teams going wide early and scoring down that side easier than they have been.

I dont even mind if they swapped buhrer on the bench and have symonds on run on as his defence is very good. Would love manly to hold out sides for that first 20mins as i think the forwards look good after that and we seem a fit side and do start to get a roll on.

Whilst we need to improve in the forwards, I don't think we are as bad off as some are suggesting. I think we will see AFB and Knight make their way into the side over the coming months which should provide additional punch in the middle.

I still see Lyon and Matai struggling defensively and suggest it will only get worse not better in terms of their ability to get into position, get their body in front of their man and make effective defensive efforts (consistently).

Matai seems to be struggling physically - more so this year than in previous years, and I believe this is a sign that his chronic shoulder issues are starting to take a toll that may not be sustainable beyond this year.
Age is exposed more when the middle is not dominating or tight offering space outwide for one on one plays, fix the middle and 90% of the issues out wide will correct themselves.

Look more deeper into the numbers not the end result.
Look at the pattern of play for the last 2.5 years.
Look at the reasons.
Look at the lack of power play tries Manly create.
Look at the busted tackles against Manly over the last few years.
Look at how lucky we were in the 2013 semi against Souths showing the signs that were evident in the year of the power game taking over and Manly not being able to cope and see this area get worse and worse as the years progress.

Age is exposed more when the middle is not dominating or tight offering space outwide for one on one plays, fix the middle and 90% of the issues out wide will correct themselves.

Perhaps the young ones coming through ( Blake/Knight) might step up, otherwise we are going to need 1 maybe 2 experienced forwards , more than we have now, next year !!

I don't keep up with the depth or potential of players coming through so i can't enlighten people in this area.

I realise that BUT what I'm saying is either they step up OR we are on the market for a couple more forwards , is that a fair comment?

Look more deeper into the numbers not the end result.
Look at the pattern of play for the last 2.5 years.
Look at the reasons.
Look at the lack of power play tries Manly create.
Look at the busted tackles against Manly over the last few years.
Look at how lucky we were in the 2013 semi against Souths showing the signs that were evident in the year of the power game taking over and Manly not being able to cope and see this area get worse and worse as the years progress.
Just missing a couple props that consistently roll forward. I do agree the last 2 1/2 years we have lacked that. Kapow has been a great signing and look forward to knight and AFB having a go. Plus the forwards look way better this year. Jake keeps getting better and vave has been making an impact. One forward like klemmer or tamou added next year would be great. Most teams do have one star forward i wish manly had in their side to take us to the next level like;

Sam burgees for bunnies
James graham for dogs
Talmalomo cows
Broomwich storm
Etc etc

Yes, fair call; however, at some point age and one's physical state becomes an overwhelming factor that can't be overcome by strengthening other areas of the team. I just feel that Lyon and Matai are fast approaching that point. I hope you are right and we can get another year or two from them - time will tell.

Yes, fair call; however, at some point age and one's physical state becomes an overwhelming factor that can't be overcome by strengthening other areas of the team. I just feel that Lyon and Matai are fast approaching that point. I hope you are right and we can get another year or two from them - time will tell.
I don't think over the last 2-3 years either player has slowed down that much, and Lyon especially has played previous seasons looking more unfit and still one of the best centres, so as much as i agree with you i think you are overstating the age and speed factor.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4