Fitness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
As the worst trainer in the history of human endeavour, I profess no knowledge whatsoever on the topic of fitness.

However I am prepared to accept the opinion of Donny Singe who recently said the following in regard to Manly's fitness.

image-jpeg.3496

As the worst trainer in the history of human endeavour, I profess no knowledge whatsoever on the topic of fitness.

However I am prepared to accept the opinion of Donny Singe who recently said the following in regard to Manly's fitness.

image-jpeg.3496

He was talking about the ONE game against Parramatta @Woodsie. You're clutching at straws here. You DO know we are 4 wins in 9 games yeah?

He was talking about the ONE game against Parramatta @Woodsie. You're clutching at straws here. You DO know we are 4 wins in 9 games yeah?

Hi Rexies special little friend.

Was unaware fitness was a week to week propisition.

Hi Rexies special little friend.

Was unaware fitness was a week to week propisition.

You don't think fitness is a week to week proposition? Answer that honestly. We aren't talking about for you and I here either - we are talking about elite athletes remember?

You don't think fitness is a week to week proposition? Answer that honestly. We aren't talking about for you and I here either - we are talking about elite athletes remember?

Good lord you talk dribble.

Good lord you talk dribble.

Dribble? How old are you @Woodsie ? Have an adult conversation man. Pull yourself out of the creche.

Give you a tip. Strength, conditioning and fitness is not only a week by week proposition for an elite athlete, it's a day by day proposition. You miss one or two recovery sessions, you could be doomed in that next race, game, or whatever.

My assessment here is that you agree with me, so have resorted to insult to deflect and change the subject.

You clearly stated you don't feel fitness is a week by week activity - I think your completely wrong. Try and debate that, rather than regress the topic into name calling, tongue poking and spitting on each other.

Dribble? How old are you @Woodsie ? Have an adult conversation man. Pull yourself out of the creche.

Give you a tip. Strength, conditioning and fitness is not only a week by week proposition for an elite athlete, it's a day by day proposition. You miss one or two recovery sessions, you could be doomed in that next race, game, or whatever.

My assessment here is that you agree with me, so have resorted to insult to deflect and change the subject.

You clearly stated you don't feel fitness is a week by week activity - I think your completely wrong. Try and debate that, rather than regress the topic into name calling, tongue poking and spitting on each other.

So missing a session or two makes a difference - well FOUR five day turn arounds = a HUGE impact. How do you fail to understand this?

and the little hypocrite is at it again. posted the same trolling post in about 4 or 5 threads and i rated 1 a troll, then i cop 5 in retaliation. and he questions how old others are.

Seriously Ryan - if it all so bad just f*ck off away from the forums and footy. I suggest going to one of those hippy retreats to get intouch with your inner self as there is something missing in your life and footy is obviously not the answer

So missing a session or two makes a difference - well FOUR five day turn arounds = a HUGE impact. How do you fail to understand this?

I understand it entirely @Fluffy . But I also understand every team has to deal with it (just like they did last season).

You were commending the team for getting pumped last night, but then going even stevens for the remainder of the game (even though we had going on 34 odd points against us), so I'll never win that argument with you.

I don't get your debate here. You're saying we've had four, five day turnarounds, and that has affected us on the park. Does that not then mean you agree with me that we are lethargic and flat due to this?

We both feel that we look flat and tired at times. You're arguing the same point as me - LOL.

One thing that seems to stand out to me and in particular last night in the warm up is how strong the cowboys looks in their legs and thighs compared to our players.

They and other teams such as the broncos and rorters seem to have a lot more leg strength that our players do and don;t seem to fatigue as quickly as manly.

Perhaps this is why other teams forwards seem to run the ball up a lot harder and faster than our forwards and we don't move up much in defence?

and the little hypocrite is at it again. posted the same trolling post in about 4 or 5 threads and i rated 1 a troll, then i cop 5 in retaliation. and he questions how old others are.

Seriously Ryan - if it all so bad just f*ck off away from the forums and footy. I suggest going to one of those hippy retreats to get intouch with your inner self as there is something missing in your life and footy is obviously not the answer

Why troll long term posters then @Fluffy ? I may be a little hypocrite, but your a fat slob (I've seen you remember). A Rocker with the best of them. Don't get stroppy when you have them returned. You know I do it.

I think the endurance of the team is great considering they have been smashed by the scheduling so far. In most games we finish them well, win or loss, where it is hurting us is the starts. That is the fourth time this season the game is effectively over after 25 minutes. Backing up from short turn arounds has proved fatal for most teams this year and the NRL need to get their act together on this!

Please don't rely on your own assessments, believing a dope wont help you.

That you believe missing one recovery session would affect the collective fitness of an entire team is so ridiculous that I cannot take you seriously.

Poking fun at your negativity and doomsday opinions is not a regression, but a pleasant passtime for me.

Please don't rely on your own assessments, believing a dope wont help you.

That you believe missing one recovery session would affect the collective fitness of an entire team is so ridiculous that I cannot take you seriously.

Poking fun at your negativity and doomsday opinions is not a regression, but a pleasant passtime for me.

Again, what are you talking about @Woodsie . Every post of your's where you do that, to me is an admission of defeat. You did the same thing when Rex shut you completely down. Exactly along the same lines.

And I most certainly am NOT talking about one player. We are talking about the club as a whole. Where did I mention the fitness of one player as apposed to the collective?

Comprehension @Woodsie . Come on, lift. Are we about to get into another back and forth like you did with Rex again, or can you debate the topic here?

Also, suggesting that I felt we would lose last night is negative, or was it realistic? You can support a team, but still give an opinion / have an assessment about their current form. I know that's probably blasphemy here - hahahaha.

Dear Rexy's special little friend,

I stated at the beginning of this thread that my knowledge of fitness is non existent. Therefore I have no idea what you think I could contribute to a debate on the subject.

My only two sources on the subject at the moment is Donny Singe and you.

Being an adult, I am sure you will understand that I will accept his assessment in favour of yours. This is not personal, it is simply that he is considered an expert in the field while you are simply a dribbler.

Why do things degenerate so quickly into personal attacks? Is it due to a lack in confidence is your collective arguments?
I say play the ball not the man (although to be completely hypocritical it is a welcome distraction on a Rainy Sunday morning , hung over with two kids going nuts)

Dear Rexy's special little friend,

I stated at the beginning of this thread that my knowledge of fitness is non existent. Therefore I have no idea what you think I could contribute to a debate on the subject.

My only two sources on the subject at the moment is Donny Singe and you.

Being an adult, I am sure you will understand that I will accept his assessment in favour of yours. This is not personal, it is simply that he is considered an expert in the field while you are simply a dribbler.

You can still have an opinion on the matter, and I'd happily debate it (agree or disagree) @Woodsie . Your opinion matters, and I'd respect it regardless of whether I completely agree or disagree on the subject matter.

@lsz is right though. I won't entertain your insults, as it regresses from the subject matter at hand. You can go back to arguing and insulting other people again.I apologise for being roped in.

Have to ask though. You're not a first grade footballer. But you come here and debate the pro's and con's of the team Woodsie (more so the pro's, but we are all different remember). Surely because you're not a fitness professional, doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on that subject matter on the team though mate? Come on.

How come you're willing to waive John's / Finch's comments (and others), but look to Singe's comments about one game against Parramatta?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4