Fitness & Conditioning (part 2)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I know I was very, very hard on Ferris last season (mainly based on result, eye test, historical results with Gold Coast & all that)

Every picture I have seen of our boys so far for this coming season looks pretty exciting. AFB looks trimmed down. Lawrence looks like he hasn't skipped a beat (picture wise).

Credit where it's due, our boys are looking fit from what I see.

I know I was very, very hard on Ferris last season (mainly based on result, eye test, historical results with Gold Coast & all that)

Every picture I have seen of our boys so far for this coming season looks pretty exciting. AFB looks trimmed down. Lawrence looks like he hasn't skipped a beat (picture wise).

I think those photos have been photoshopped .... just sayin'

What you have to remember is that they tailored last years pre season around our stupid draw and all the 5 day turnarounds. It was a test of everyone's planning skills but obviously didn't matter as we still ended up with a huge injury toll because it's a contact sport and **** happens. They thought go lighter in training and keep people fresh to get through the games but then skills and combos suffered.

This year is really where a lot of the staffs skills should show or won't and with a much better draw they won't have excuses.

What you have to remember is that they tailored last years pre season around our stupid draw and all the 5 day turnarounds. It was a test of everyone's planning skills but obviously didn't matter as we still ended up with a huge injury toll because it's a contact sport and **** happens. They thought go lighter in training and keep people fresh to get through the games but then skills and combos suffered.

This year is really where a lot of the staffs skills should show or won't and with a much better draw they won't have excuses.

Another big factor in our appearance of condition was the fact that at the beginning of the season we had Jake and Kapow learning to play for the full 80min for the first time in their careers, along with Parcell who had never played 80min at FG pace before, and Brown and Green who had also never played for 80min in the forwards in FG before.

Throw in Vave and AFB, we were always going to be slightly behind the fitness curve.

The only proof will be in how we play. I expect 5 wins from first 7 games or it'll be another season of despair. Any more and we'll be looking for top 4. Any less then it'll be curtains.

Saw some of the squad this morning walking around the lagoon with weighted vests...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4